You can type here any text you want

Stroker setup -Pros and Cons?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Steve Hughes just went 150 on a stock stroke and Phil M has gone fast also with a stock stroke. Tim LeMay has been 9.5's and I have gone 9.6's. They just need a little more boost and rpm to do it:D You should have no issues making power with the help you are getting. I do know the stock stroke engines can take a major beating:cool:

Exactly! We wanted to put together something that could make power and stay together while I get seat time. I believe the stock strokes can make a ton of power and take the abuse. I am definetely getting the best help there is (post to come soon with new combo), we wouldn't even be having this conversation if I wasn't fortunate enough to have some of the best in the business working on this project!!!

As far as a stroker, I guess nothing is out of the question. :rolleyes:

The question seems to come down to can you get enough power out of the stock stroke with more boost and rpm while trying to keep the motor together to seriously compete, or is it better to go to the stroker? Can't ignore the great Carol Shelby who said "there is replacement for displacement". I really can't wait to put it to the test ;)

Wow, turned into a great thread:biggrin: Thanks very much for all the info. I am really thinking about going stroker(right 1st time) but my motor is running good and putting down good times even with 100k miles. I wanna go faster but not sure how much more I can get with my combo with out doing some damage. You know the story it is never fast enough.

Wow, turned into a great thread:biggrin: Thanks very much for all the info. I am really thinking about going stroker(right 1st time) but my motor is running good and putting down good times even with 100k miles. I wanna go faster but not sure how much more I can get with my combo with out doing some damage. You know the story it is never fast enough.

That's a dangerous addicition you are playing with :eek: :biggrin:

I went with a stroker production 4.1 on my build. Ive been searching for used parts to try and keep this thing as cheap as possible. BMS crank, Carillo rods, ross pistons, RJC girdle. So far I have about 1500 in parts, and I feel its pretty cheap. I need internally balanced balancer and flexplate now. I guess Im just going to pray the machine shop bill doesnt get too out of hand... And to think, all of this started because I spun a bearing in my good running 3.8:rolleyes: . They arnt lying when they say its worse than cocaine.

Back