You can type here any text you want

Stroker- which rods?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Let's also not forget that in the even fire Buick V6 world a shorter stroke crank has a stronger split rod journal arrangement.

Well, I was considering a stroker but it will mean more time until the final product is complete due to cost. So I was considering a good steel stock stroke crank which I found for a decent price, but then realized it still needs a good SFI balancer and flexplate, which makes it nearly as expensive than the stroker. Then the rod/stroke info poste above kind of confused me, but the way I understood it was it wasn't really worth the extra money. Hell, now I am wondering if I should just stick to stock crank, rods, etc. Then again, a decent rotating assembly, even stock, should probably use the SFI bal and flex, so go ahead and go steel crank, then it is back to square one with the thought process. (rambling process)

My heads now are ported big valve and have even had the floors contoured with epoxy of some sort (another post altogether on whether they are worth it...) and the intake is ported, EGR tower milled and welded, etc. I am curious when someone should step up to champion irons, or even aluminum.

This car is my daily right now, but in a few months won't be. It is not a CA registered car so I am not worried about smog, etc. I am not too concerned about big cams, big stalls. I would like it to be pretty streetable, so prefer nothing over 3,500 - 3,800 stall and don't want to have to put it in neutral at stoplights to stay alive due to lope.

Call me crazy, but I would like to be able to be into the tens without overrevving or pushing it 100%. I do want it to last a little while... Can this be done with stock ported irons? Champion irons? Aluminums?

Suggestions?

Back