Stuck on the side of the road, again.

thewoodieb

Woodie
Yesterday, after I stopped for food and was sitting in traffic. I've been having a tps sensor signal voltage low problem. It has been causing a power loss, but intermittently would get peppy again after a key cycle. So I decided to check code flashes with the car running, bad idea. The idle went monotone, got choppy and cut off in the middle of traffic. :( something happend when I put the code key in and I'm not sure what. I haven't bench tested the ECM yet, but I'm currently on the side of the road. Once the car cools down it runs fine again. A shot in the dark: I think I shorted my icm. It ran fine in the morning, but once it gets hot: 90deg, it wants to cut off after about 20 minutes of driving. Can anyone supply me with a ECM pinout chart and an icm pinout chart as well as values? Thanks!

Ignition module... ;)

Let the car sit and cool down under the hood and it'll start up again. Let the sun go down and you might make it home, but I wouldn't take the car out again especially in the heat until you replace it...

K.

I had a MAF sensor that went bad when it got hot. BUT the ignition module/coil pack is a more likely to be the source of your problem(s).