You can type here any text you want

stud kit part numbers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboDave

RIP DAVE
Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
In doing some looking around I need some help finding the correct part number for main and head stud kits.

I think the Mains use a part number like: ARP322-5802
and the Head stud kit: ARP223-4002

Can someone varify these numbers? or supply alternates.

I wonder if I have to be extra concerned about head stud lengths because all the holes are blind?

Thanks.

P.S. Told ya I'd be bothering ya'll a lot. ;)

I'm looking at the 2001 catalogue for ARP and they show:

322-5802:4 bolt main,splayed cap bolts,Stage II.
223-4002:Stage II,hex nuts,studs,28 pieces,studs.
223-4202:same as above w/12 point nuts.
223-4203:Champ' Stage II heads,28 pieces w/ 12 point nuts[no six point listed as available].

They do have a contact line:1-800-826-3045.
Hope that helps a bit.

DAVE-

Its not cut and dry. it depends on a couple of things....... mostly what main caps you have on the block.

the 322-5802 is for a cross bolted on center. according to ARP thet kit has 2 diff lenths on the studs, and 2 diff lenth on the bolts....

on my motor , 016 off center with a non bbc rear main , i had 6 long and 2 short studs ( back cap). the splayed cap bolts were 2.25 inches long.

The kit they sent me , 222-5602, had : 6 short and 2 long. the 6 ? splayed cap bolts in the set were 2.5 inches. so i sent back 4 short studs studs and they sent me 4 long studs , even up.

as for the cap bolts: arp doesnt make a 2.25 in the material we need so i have to have diamond turn the bolts down because the 2.5 bolt bottoms out. not a major operation , but a pain in the ass.

dave roland had two blocks at home and one of his took the 2.25 and the other took the 2.5 without bottoming.

if you are using stage 2 heads, the head stud kit should be fine . i would go with the 223-4202 , everything clears better with 12 points, and it looks cooler :cool:

hope thats clear as mud :D

Thanks Brian. I'm not sure about the rear main cap (whether it's a BB or not).
This/these blocks are Indy Stage II Aluminum, and don't have cross drilled mains. The center two are bolt/stud with the outer bolts splayed(just like any stage two block). One block has a complete set, but they're all torqued down from the align honing it got. I guess it wouldn't hurt to pull them and do some measuring.

Back