Stupid Question....help Prove Me Right.

GNFURY

wooooshhhhhhhhh
I am having an arguement with a guy at work. He is saying that not all t-type regals were turbo cars. I say the ALL t-type cars are infact turbo powered. What do you guys say.

The T-Type LeSabres weren't......I'm pretty sure none of them.....right? Or is your dispute strictly Regal?

Sorry to burst your bubble but the T-type is a touring package. You could order a T-type Regal with the sweet ass 307 in it.

HTH,
Ryan

are you kidding me?? I have never in my life seen a t-type without a turbo 6 in it

I've got both the 84 and 87 Buick Books in front of me and they both show either T-Type or T packages for every car available. And of course, not every engine came turbo'd. You lose.

my brother had an '86 or '87 black regal t-type with a 307 v8. The t-type was a touring package, not a turbo package.

Originally posted by Ryan87GN
Sorry to burst your bubble but the T-type is a touring package. You could order a T-type Regal with the sweet ass 307 in it.

HTH,
Ryan

LOL:D

When the Regal designation was changed from T-Type to T in 1987, only cars with the LC2 option had the turbo motor.

They are not common but a few non-turbo T's are out there confusing even the stupid car thieves.:eek:

The last year for the "T_Type" was 86, in 87 Buick broke up the package into seperate engine trim and suspension packages. So in 87 you could have a a non-turbo "T", but not a "T-Type"

T-Type in 87????

Yo, peeps, quick not for ya. In '87 the T-Type was dropped. It was called "Turbo T" WE4. The "T" Package Y56, which some refer to was just an option, not factory. The Turbo Package was the LC2 option, however that was 1 of 3 options. A 3.8 V6 SFI non-Turbo (LD5), 3.8 V6 SFI turbo (LC2), and like was mentioned earlier, the 307 V8 (LV2) <---- Olds V8 actually. Just a little nothing, nuthing big.

However i do have a ? Why is it that the price is so dramatic in change between the GN and Turbo T of '87, i'm going go look at an '87 Turbo T right now, and by got there about $4,000 cheaper in resale, the only diff that i know is trim, interior and Badges, everything else is the same. Why the huge diff in worth? I'm not sure but hopfully someone can help me.

Greg

Re: T-Type in 87????

Originally posted by DjPnumo
However i do have a ? Why is it that the price is so dramatic in change between the GN and Turbo T of '87, i'm going go look at an '87 Turbo T right now, and by got there about $4,000 cheaper in resale, the only diff that i know is trim, interior and Badges, everything else is the same. Why the huge diff in worth? I'm not sure but hopfully someone can help me.

Greg

Because its "not a GN".

If you are looking for a car to go fast and enjoy, a Non-GN T-R is the way to go.

Ahhh, but

2-shae, its the same car, just diff, trim, interior and badges, so really there is no diff, but the price reflects a $4,000 price, sp then basically the name of the car changes the price. ahahah Too Funny oh well.

It' s the same as the trans am vs formula: Same car , just one was a little more sedate than the other, everybody wants the "image" car. No real reason for the huge price gap (they ran pretty close when new) other than "perceived value."

Originally posted by GNFURY
are you kidding me?? I have never in my life seen a t-type without a turbo 6 in it

I got one :)

Orignially posted by kh440
The last year for the "T_Type" was 86, in 87 Buick broke up the package into seperate engine trim and suspension packages. So in 87 you could have a a non-turbo "T", but not a "T-Type"

No, the T-Type package was NOT dropped in 1987 on the LeSabre. Only the Regals became "T's". I have the original Buick book from 87 and it is all laid out in confusing detail. :D

Stupid 10 minute time limit.

The 1987 LeSabre was available in both T-Type and T packages.

The 1987 Regal was available in the T, Turbo, Exterior Sport, and Grand National packages.

Little known fact: The 87 LeSabre T-Types had GN style black/grey interiors (only the 87s), GN suspension and blackout trim.

Originally posted by GNFURY
I am having an arguement with a guy at work. He is saying that not all t-type regals were turbo cars. I say the ALL t-type cars are infact turbo powered. What do you guys say.

ALL Regal T Types are Turbo V6. (The original post is about Regals.)

Regal T Types were made from 1983-86. It was a continuation of the 1978-82 Regal Sport Coupe package.

T does not equal T Type. T's and T Types were used on most Buick models in the mid-80's.

1987 T package came with any motor available in the Regal.

Yeah, those damn LeSabre's

yeah, when i posted my reply is was for Regals only, those others like the LeSabre, and the Skylark (Yes, thats right), were buicks attempt at selling family cars in a smaller version that might have some pep, but we all know the real deal is only a
GN & T-Type (Turbo T), GNX.

On the side note, i went and looked at the '87 Turbo T, and overall i would give it a 6-7 newer paint since '96 but it was a scheme to cover up the rust in the kick panels and 1/4 skins, no fun, drove ok, susp will need to be replaced, brakes feelin a bit on the mushy side, powere train seemed ok, hard shift in second still broke the right tire loose, but some fluids in the engine bay, interior needed some help, (Headliner, Seat cover) the normal stuff, but the kicker is it has 148,000 miles, and th dude wants $5,500 i was like, nooo, BB is at $4,800, so i said how about
$4,000 he was like $4,500 and we'll talk.

So my dilemma, i have no daily driver, this would be it till winter, but a daily driver that will berfore winter maybe need something fixed. Any suggestions, let someone else buy it, suck it up and pay $4,500 for it. Lemme know peeps.

Page 55 of Kirban's Guide to 1986 and 1987 Buick Turbo Regals has a photo of a non-turbo 1987 Buick Regal with T package. If needed I can scan and post it. It looks EXACTLY like a Turbo-T but no bubble hood and I assume it has a single exhaust (photo shows front only).

Kirban states:
For the model year 1987, you could order the exterior appearance package (T-package [WO2]) and not order the turbo engine. This makes it a bit confusing. The powerplant was not the turbo engine, but instead had a 5 litre V8 engine, the Oldsmobile 307 version.

-and-

The T-package was code "Y56" and consisted of the heavy-duty suspension, the 15"x7" aluminum T-Type rims, fast ratio steering, and the code "NP5" leather-wrapped wheel.

-and-

This package had a GM list price of $508 in 1987. Added to this, you could have ordered the exterior sport package WO2 option which cost another $100. To complete the turbo look-a-like, you would order the bucket seat "AR9" option with the full-length operating console. This added another $195 to the cost.

-and-

The end result was a car that looked almost like a 1987 Regal Turbo-T, minus one key ingredient, the LC2 engine.

The great thing about this powerplant is that it produced 140 HP and 255 ft/lbs of torque! :p

According to the Buick Book, the T package was not necessarily turbo in 87.

T Package: 'T' ornamentation; Gran Touring suspension; fast ratio power steering; gas shock absorbers; 15" aluminium wheels; steel-belted, radial-ply; Eagle GT blackwall tires (P215/65R 15) leather wrapped sport steering wheel.

Turbo Package: 3.8 SFI turbo engine with intercooler; instrument panel cluster with tachometer; turbo boost gauge and trip odometer; turbo hood and ornementation; accoustical insulation package; 3.42 axle ratio.

Exterior Sport Package: Blackout treatment on doors locks and handles, grille, headlamp/tail lamp bezels, antenna and door edge guards; plus body moldings

Regal Grand National: All of the above (except T ornamentation); air conditioning; chrome-plated steel wheels; deck-lid spoiler; reclining front bucket seats.