((SUB's)) Car audio..

NoNos38

"Da, Big Chiefie Rat"
I need some advise on what 8" inch subs are the best on the market today?? I will be running a (PUNCH 200) amp, and driving 4 8" inch subs.. I want something that will beat! When I was in the Car stero scene I always thaught that EarthQuake subs were top of the line.. Do they still make them?? I guess I'm getting old:eek: :
Thank's inadvance,
Matt:cool:

Im still a big JL audio fan, they are top of the line, and quite affordable vs other subs. But if you have the money i would go with one of those audiobahn subs (german import i beleive). They absolutely kill, a friend of mine has one 12" and a 1000 watt amplifyer. You can hear the thing for about 10 blocks away.

O.K. I guess I should say, What subs do you think would work best for me with the Amp I am running? This is the older Punch IX200 that is bad As# for being a older unit.. If I had the amp to run the German shi# I would be:D sounds cool:cool:
Thank's
Matt

Matt, I sent you an e-mail to your questions :) .The Earthquake subs are still "bad to the bone" and are still made, My friend was a dealer for them. I did a sealed cabinet with 4 Earthquake 8s in a '92 RS Camaro and it was very strong. It was very equivilent to the 2 Earthquake 10s (slightly stronger) that I originally put in it. As a personal opinion, I would go with the Earthquake 8s for a little more bump as long as they are in the proper sized enclosure. You can run four 4 ohm subs bridged mono 4 ohm into that amplifier with a parallel and series wiring combo so you dont overload the amp and will be fine.

I found you a dealer in Omaha Nebraska for Earthquake car audio, not sure how close you are to that city:

4TEC Electronics #402-334-9119

I found a guy on E-bay that is selling (AUDIO BAHN) subs really cheep.. I picked up four 8's for under $200.00 (new).. I have been hearing really good things about them. I guess time will tell.
Thank's for the help,

Good luck with the Audiobahns! They are cheaper than the Volcanos at 4TEC Electronics :eek: .

Whats wrong with the Audiobans?? Should I steer away from them? Guide me to the light:D
Thank's

Nothing wrong with audiobahn, i think he was meaning good luck in a freindly way.

I have had good luck with audiobahn as well. I ran the aluminum cone 12 in my sound quality car.

Granted i buy at cost :)

Later guys - Evan

PS.. audiobahn subs require ALOT of breakin before you can beat them. I blew up my sub in 10 minutes the first go-round. I replaced it and gave it a good four days breakin at medium levels and it has lasted like a champ. Not bad for a single 10 that hit 140db in my s-10. Good for the price id say.

was that first one you blew a '99 model of the ALums? If so, breaking in had nothing to do with it, all of the '99 model alum's had a crappy glue on the surround that would seperate after a short period of use. They fixed the problem on the '00+ models.

Nope, havent blown an alum yet. I know they had a bad run for awhile there.

I assure you my sub was blown from power, the coil started to smoke. I was putting about 3x the RMS power though. I knew it would blow, but i wanted a number :)

Thanks - Evan

Originally posted by Datsunboy
Nothing wrong with audiobahn, i think he was meaning good luck in a freindly way.

Yes indeed! :) I was just wishing you good luck on their performance level (sorry if there was a misunderstanding).

Originally posted by Datsunboy
Nope, havent blown an alum yet. I know they had a bad run for awhile there.

I assure you my sub was blown from power, the coil started to smoke. I was putting about 3x the RMS power though. I knew it would blow, but i wanted a number :)

Thanks - Evan

well, did you at least get the number's you were wanting? I would hate to see I speaker die for no reason. :)