You can type here any text you want

Sudden loss of brake pedal pressure

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I'm using the old block but decided to go with stronger parts and the extra cubes.

I wanted to use a local guy to do my machine work and assemble the short block. I knew going in that it would take longer because he only does machine work on the weekends. He builds sprint car engines so their stuff has to come first but he's very good and has the best equipment around. His Dad has a machine shop so Matt (the guy doing the machine work) was machining parts and rebuilding carbs when most kids his age were racing BMX bikes and building forts in the woods. Matt was more than happy to listen to Dave Husek on some of the ins and outs of the TB so I'm more than happy to wait a little longer to get a good motor.

I do however go back in my shop and drink a few beers and sit in it once in a while. When I start to make engine noises and make squeeling tire sounds I know it's time to put the beer down and go home.;)

I'm using the old block but decided to go with stronger parts and the extra cubes.

I wanted to use a local guy to do my machine work and assemble the short block. I knew going in that it would take longer because he only does machine work on the weekends. He builds sprint car engines so their stuff has to come first but he's very good and has the best equipment around. His Dad has a machine shop so Matt (the guy doing the machine work) was machining parts and rebuilding carbs when most kids his age were racing BMX bikes and building forts in the woods. Matt was more than happy to listen to Dave Husek on some of the ins and outs of the TB so I'm more than happy to wait a little longer to get a good motor.

I do however go back in my shop and drink a few beers and sit in it once in a while. When I start to make engine noises and make squeeling tire sounds I know it's time to put the beer down and go home.;)

Bahahaha! Yea dave helped us out when the trans started making funny noises a few weeks ago, great guy! Good luck on that engine build, I wouldn't have that much patience thats for sure! I get nervous when she's down for a couple days.

I was talking to Dave last night and my trans is the only thing I haven't broken since I got the car. Guess what's next?

I was talking to Dave last night and my trans is the only thing I haven't broken since I got the car. Guess what's next?
If D Husek built it, I doubt that.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Dave didn't build it, it came with the car but everything else that was rebuilt in this car 4000 miles ago broke on me so why not.

Actually this trans has all the good stuff in it but I had a convertor failure last year so some material went through it. I pulled the tranny and drove it to Iowa City Iowa on appointment to have it gone through at Fountain transmission. Has been the best tranny shop in our area for years. I called the owner to let him know I'd be there in an hour and when I got there they told me I had to wait until all the guys were done eating lunch before they would help me unload it. I counted 4 guys sitting around, no one eating and a 5th guy washing his motorcycle.

Needless to say I left with my tranny. Had a buddy of mine pull the pump and look it over and we put it back in the car. Worked fine all last summer but when it's time I'll use Dave's parts to rebuild it.

Lucky for me I ran in to an old friend a couple weeks ago. I haven't seen him for over 10 years. I used to race with him back in the day an he builds tranny's for a living. I asked him if he messed with 200R4's and he said he's built a few for the street rod guys. I said how about for 700 HP and he said no problem. I'd love to have Dave do my tranny but he's too far away so I'll get his parts and have my buddy go through it when the time comes.

Back