suggestions needed on Rules for the Buick South Nationals.

blackshoebox

Staff member
Ok guys, there has been some good feedback about what you guys want the Florida Buick Event to have as far as classes and rules in this thread:

http://turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99463

Based on what has been said in this thread, I want to expand and poll, you guys, the racers, for what rules and classes you want to participate in at this event. :)

So far the classes and rules are as follows:

1. Outlaw 109-(Rules) 109 block, 1984-1987 Buick GN/Regal/T-TYPE G-Body, and a minimum weight of 3400 lbs with driver. NO tube chassis cars allowed!
2. Staged Class-(Rules) Staged Block(obviously), no tire size limit, 9.50 to 8.50 ET index.
3. Street Car Class-(Rules) 93 pump fuel(no race gas), DOT approved tires, full interior,(like it came from the factory), AC must still be in car, alky/water/propane injection permitted. Minumum weight with driver is 3500 lbs. NO trailor queens.

Those are the three classes we(Jesse and I) have discussed and will definantly be happening this year. The rules for the 109 OUTLAW class are locked in. The rules for the Stage and Street Car class, is where we need you guys to give us feed back. Jesse and I also want to have a class for the guys with slicks and race gas that are not going to fit into any of the classes listed above, but still want to race. So you racers out there, that don't fit into any of the classes, please tell us how you would like to race, and what rules you would like to see for your class.

I want your idea's, opinions, suggestions, so we can make this race fun for everyone.:cool:

Thanks for reading and post away!!

-Alex

First I would like to thank blackshoebox (Alex) for his time in helping me with the bradenton race and moderating the Florida section.

The stage class bracket race rules are as followed:
1) Car must run at least 9.50 and no more then 8.50 thats it :)

As for the real street car heads up race , the base line is.

No slicks , No drag radials, No race gas , No glass ( ? ) , No turbo bigger than 44 (?) , stock ecm

These base lines are not in stone , neither is this class ... YOU the racers are the ones who will make this class and the rules.

Jesse
:cool:

Thanks for the correction brick...:eek: :)

No problem Jesse just busting your balls:D ;)

Personally I think one of the best and easiest solutions for those that don't fit in any of these classes is to have a Bracket style class with NO qualifying ET (basically Dial-Ins) and/or several bracket classes based on ET (10 sec, 11 sec, 12 sec, and 13 sec classes)....

I think the street car class should allow drag radials (BFG, Nitto, and those nice looking new M/Ts) because after all they are DOT approved! Also, our we going to allow the Buick V8 boys to play at this event?? Will the TTAs be allowed to run in the street car class?? I don't think they should be allowed cause they are more aerodynamic, have better flowing heads from the factory, and I just don't like Mr. Alky (Razor aka Julio):p

Update:

TSM point series has been added to the program.

If you would like to participate in the TSM point series please contact Lonnie Diers or Scott Simpson.

Thanks
Jesse

Originally posted by Jesse
Update:

TSM point series has been added to the program.

If you would like to participate in the TSM point series please contact Lonnie Diers or Scott Simpson.

Thanks
Jesse

That's great news for the event!!!

No bigger than 44 turbo? That doesnt make any sense. It should be any turbo that the owner can run safely on pump gas, or unsafely if he chooses.

Scott

Originally posted by 86brick
No problem Jesse just busting your balls:D ;)

Will the TTAs be allowed to run in the street car class?? I don't think they should be allowed cause they are more aerodynamic, have better flowing heads from the factory, and I just don't like Mr. Alky (Razor aka Julio):p

Ohh this is personal now.. bring that bling bling 12.50 car down and get sum :p .. Damm.. afraid of a car with a stock motor.. geesh... I even have the bone stock IC w/screen on the car, 58 MM TB, stock intake, spare tire, stock cam.. and weighs 3700 lbs with me in it. Just a little 51 turbo.. all the commotion over a factory setup..

Would be slick to see a stock full weight TTA hit 10.9's @ 127.. would that make me the fastest :D

Be glad I havent had time to really build something.

Hey Jesse.. How bout I put up a $100 to quickest ET on 93 octane. maybe I wont have to payout??? hehehe..

As far as turbo size on the street car..dont care. Come with a PT101 if it can run the weight, 109 block, and 93 pump...

What ya guys think

As far as the Xylene, after the tank has 10 gallons of 93 octane fuel..sure add all the Xylene you want.

The idea is to race the car how it would be typically run when driving to a cruise nite, or other distance venue. As long as you can start it up, and it dont stink from the race gas.. I dont see a problem. No lab needed but the nose.

Hows that???

Cool, sounds good to me. Not that i will be much competition. I just wanna bring the most i can.

Scott

:confused: I think this should be open to ALL buicks. I believe this is called the Buick Southern Nationals isn't it. A bracket class is a good idea to have for the rest of us. I have owned 2 GN's and 2 GS's and would like to race the GS I have now. If you could have 50 or more v8 cars there that pay YOU to race isn't that worth it?
I know Fernando Alvare can get alot of guys and possibly some vendors to come and share in the fun. It is not hard to include a bracket class and would be well worth it. I hope you have something for the rest of us. Thanks for asking for opinions.

Thomas Dufour

Originally posted by 1nadrag
:confused: I think this should be open to ALL buicks. I believe this is called the Buick Southern Nationals isn't it. A bracket class is a good idea to have for the rest of us. I have owned 2 GN's and 2 GS's and would like to race the GS I have now. If you could have 50 or more v8 cars there that pay YOU to race isn't that worth it?
I know Fernando Alvare can get alot of guys and possibly some vendors to come and share in the fun. It is not hard to include a bracket class and would be well worth it. I hope you have something for the rest of us. Thanks for asking for opinions.

Thomas Dufour

Thomas if you would (or appoint a GS guy) to put a bracket class for the v8 Buicks GS together I will find away to put them on the program.
Please keep me informed on this (via email or phone)

FWIW I did speak with Fernando , could you please tell him to call me.

Thanks
Jesse

Originally posted by Razor
Ohh this is personal now.. bring that bling bling 12.50 car down and get sum :p .. Damm.. afraid of a car with a stock motor.. geesh... I even have the bone stock IC w/screen on the car, 58 MM TB, stock intake, spare tire, stock cam.. and weighs 3700 lbs with me in it. Just a little 51 turbo.. all the commotion over a factory setup..

Would be slick to see a stock full weight TTA hit 10.9's @ 127.. would that make me the fastest :D

Be glad I havent had time to really build something.

Hehe just messing around with ya Julio..... I won't be racing in the pump gas (street car) class anyhow (I'll have that $7.75 a gallon blue gas in my tank and most likely my car will be on 275/50/15 BFG DRs or some M/T ET Streets):D :cool:

INFO

Where can I find all the info for this race? Is there a flier somewhere that I can check actual times, cost, all that stuff. Please let me know where to look.. Thanks Dave

I am glad to see the TSM class is back!

Someone brought up a good point about race fuel vs. alchy.

DOT Drag Radials should be OK. That is what I have on my daily driver. Nitto 555R's.

109, 93 octane, A/C and DOT DR's sound good to me. I don't think there should be a restriction on things like liquid intercoolers or fiberglass hoods. Or even turbo size or aluminum heads. Well, maybe turbo size...:D

I'll be happy just to crack 11.99...

My thoughts............ S2 class should be 9.50 or faster, no cut-off, shouldn't matter how fast a car is since it's bracket racing. You wouldn't want to discourage the faster cars from coming.

The 109 class should not be discouraged from running any tire , turbo, or fuel, it to is a brackett class, you will be discouraging a large group of cars from racing. You may utilize more than one class, based on et's and car count.

just my .02,

Originally posted by jsta6
I am glad to see the TSM class is back!

Someone brought up a good point about race fuel vs. alchy.

DOT Drag Radials should be OK. That is what I have on my daily driver. Nitto 555R's.

109, 93 octane, A/C and DOT DR's sound good to me. I don't think there should be a restriction on things like liquid intercoolers or fiberglass hoods. Or even turbo size or aluminum heads. Well, maybe turbo size...:D

I'll be happy just to crack 11.99...

No problem with a glass hood..as long as it meets weight. I dont want to compete heads up against a car that weighs 2800 lbs. Liquid IC, no IC, NOS, parachutes, wings, skinnies, fats, spoilers, black, white, blue.. no matter. 109 block, 3500 lbs, 93 octane. Bring on that Ninja Death PT88 turbo.. if it runs on 93 octane.. we're cool. I even dont care bout slicks.

Never seen a street car class for our cars.. I would bet a dozen doughnuts that 90 perent of the entries are 11-13 second cars. If not 100%.

86 Brick.. I know..just having some fun. See ya there.. I may even run ya..ya know spot ya a bulb or ??? :D .. hehehe

Cheers..

Is that minimum weight 3500 lbs. without driver? Or with one?

Should be a legal tread DR class no bald BFG's. :D

DOT tires are great and I just bought a set of cheaters but would never drive daily with them.

Just my .02 if my car can make the 1200 miles. :p

Dont care on tires..lets see who wants to race.. sticky DOT's, bald Dr's, slicks.. My car has gone 1.62 on Nitto's.. so I dont care.. Most will put the tires in the trunk, swap them at the track, and play.

93 octane baby :D, put your stickies in the trunk..show us what a real drive to the track car can do... ;)