Sweet Mother of God....check it out

Re: Re: Sweet Mother of God....check it out

Originally posted by TurboTer
OK, I'm dead tired and only read 4 or 5 post in that loooooong thread and didn't find anything too weird. Please explain. :)

Try again. The first link I had was wrong, sorry.;)

Thats no hillbilly with a Utah license plate on it.

Besides if it was, the wheels would have been part of a moonshine machine.:D

what just screams mullet.

i give them props. they were thinking. i would have never have thought about doing somehing like that ever.

thats classy to say the least.

yeah, they could probalby sell plans on the I-net for $29.95 and make a killing.

OOHHH I NEED ONE OF THOSE!!!!
THAT THING IS SSSOOOOO COOL
I WILL BE THE LIFE OF THE PARTY WITH ONE OF THOSE!!!
What dose that thing do again?

DIY Dyno, that works, and most the relies are razing it??.

Personally I commend him, beats the attitude of just following the herd all the time.

I guess it's way easier to run something down rather then see the resourcefulness in it. Who knows, the guy might learn alot with this attempt, and build a much fancier one next time. Not to mention the Clayton dynos of years of old didn't look much better. Might not even work too well (but, it does work), but at least the guys learning something.

It'll interesting to see who gets the last laugh. :)

Originally posted by bruce
DIY Dyno, that works, and most the relies are razing it??.

Personally I commend him, beats the attitude of just following the herd all the time.

I guess it's way easier to run something down rather then see the resourcefulness in it. Who knows, the guy might learn alot with this attempt, and build a much fancier one next time. Not to mention the Clayton dynos of years of old didn't look much better. Might not even work too well (but, it does work), but at least the guys learning something.

It'll interesting to see who gets the last laugh. :)

IF it's a working Dyno, then I'd congratulate him for his efforts. However, from a safety standpoint, that thing makes me cringe everytime I look at it. I'm all for the "Do It Yourself" attitude but not at the cost of safety.

Originally posted by SinistrV6
IF it's a working Dyno, then I'd congratulate him for his efforts. However, from a safety standpoint, that thing makes me cringe everytime I look at it. I'm all for the "Do It Yourself" attitude but not at the cost of safety.

It is.

Safety defined as what?, no risks?. It's in a field, guess he might kill a few mice if it got loose. With not having the text to go with it, your only getting part of the information, don't forget.

Safety, ya, look at how many guys do any serious upgrades to the brakes on TRs as a rule. The brakes were never designed for high performance, yet look at how many seriously fast GN are using brakes designed for going to the local 711.

All good points, bruce. Safety is just drilled into my brain on such a daily basis that it's the first aspect I notice of almost everything that I look at. Occupational "hazard" I guess.

I didn't realize there was text to go with the pics. Tried to shorten the address but couldn't find that file on that Real Estate website.

That thing looks awfully precarious. A few inches off and you end up falling off the back. :eek:

There needs to be another platform directly behind the dyno wheel in case you back up too far.

So does anyone have any text info to see just how they got it to work??? I'd like to read it. Does it use that S thing to measure pull or is there something hooked to the yoke of the rear, or both???? Definately thinking outside the box but I wouldn't put my car on it.

bob