You can type here any text you want

Switching to Vacuum Brakes - any tips?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cuda6pak

I've read through the article on gnttype.org on switching to vacuum brakes and what I'd need here

Powermaster To Vacuum Brake Conversion

Anybody that has done the switch have any extra hints/tips for me? I'm probably headed to the junkyard today to pick up the MC, vacuum booster, and brake pedal. Is the brake pedal really needed?

Well I went to the junkyard and found some oldsmobiles that looked like they had the exact same setup. Slightly different sized Master Cylinders with B-W K-L and R-R white tag across the front of them. Would these work?

brake pedal needed?

Yes, it mounts the rod at a different position, (and rod has different size pin)
contact red regal on this board, he has everything for this swap,

you'll be glad you did the swap, no more PM problems !!!!!!!!

cruzn57

Just finished saturday went with Red regal Worth every penny . I could have done the junk yard thing even have an 85 hurstolds that I could have taken it from but still went with him . The help and instruction are worth the money alone. . A new Master cylinder is 78 bucks. 80 more and I got everything I needed no guess work .and he stand behind what he sells .

Cuda,

Regardless of whatever brake system you decide to go with, DON'T put used brake components on your car. It's not worth the effort unless they are at least rebuilt with new seals.

Zeus

Back