You can type here any text you want

sy/ty to vortec engine interchange?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

newtownhood

Car Audio and Electronics guy.
So I'm new to the Sy/Ty thing and I recently found a typhoon that is real nice but has some engine noise..I'm looking for a stock driver as I'll be racing my GN or my MK1 GTI (yes, I have a vw) anyways...I'm wondering if I can just swap an engine out of a newer vortec blazer or something on the cheap? Obviously all the stuff on TR engines are specific and don't interchange with n/a applications, but I'm under the impression that GM didn't really do anything special to the sy/ty motors. Please correct me if I'm wrong and don't jump down my throat too bad. :)

where in pa are you from iam from western pa i have a gn and just sold my mk3 gti. a couple of the guys we run with out here have sy and tys.

So I'm new to the Sy/Ty thing and I recently found a typhoon that is real nice but has some engine noise..I'm looking for a stock driver as I'll be racing my GN or my MK1 GTI (yes, I have a vw) anyways...I'm wondering if I can just swap an engine out of a newer vortec blazer or something on the cheap? Obviously all the stuff on TR engines are specific and don't interchange with n/a applications, but I'm under the impression that GM didn't really do anything special to the sy/ty motors. Please correct me if I'm wrong and don't jump down my throat too bad. :)

no internals would last about 10min completly different set up

I'm in Bucks County. Debating on buying a sy/ty or building garage now...although having a black 83 GTI, 86 GN, and a Syclone sounds like a funny driveway gathering...

It's too bad I can't find a quick engine to drop in rather than another project "build". I always overdue things...

Do some searching on the internet I know there is a guy with a LS2 w/turbo in a typhoon.

Back