You can type here any text you want

t/a block how much lighter then?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

six slinger

how much lighter is a t/a block compared to a stock block,and a staged block. thanks guys

Weight of the TA alum block is about the same as a stock 109 block.:smile:

I just weighed one and it was 104.5 lbs with the mains and fasteners bolted up and un-touched sleeves. If it were bored to 4.020-4.060 it would be considerably lighter. 109's are 115-120 lbs the same way with a 3.8 bore. An S2 is around 140 lbs depending on bore size and main configuration.

If

I just weighed one and it was 104.5 lbs with the mains and fasteners bolted up and un-touched sleeves. If it were bored to 4.020-4.060 it would be considerably lighter. 109's are 115-120 lbs the same way with a 3.8 bore. An S2 is around 140 lbs depending on bore size and main configuration.

How far can they be bored? I have heard through the grapevine that you can't even go to 4.00 in.

Don Wang should chime in here - he resleeved his last year and knows exactly how thick the ta sleeves are. Might do some searches for his postings to see if he has already shared the info.

And so I shall. If you like changing sleeves in an aluminum block at rebuild time, then go to 4.00". Personally, I found changing the sleeves to be the one of the most nerve racking experiences I've ever had to go through with a machine. I wouldn't recommend it on the first build up of a fresh block. Leave yourself some meat for the next freshen up.

Back