You can type here any text you want

T/A block machining

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

magee

Iam the Alpha and Omega
Ok a couple of ? on machining a T/A aluminum block how much diference is it compare to a stage 2 block, just saying can a machinest thats does stage 2 blocks and 109 blocks for over 20 years machine one of the T/A blocks, or is it a whole other ballgame need info on this thanks...:confused::confused:

Ok a couple of ? on machining a T/A aluminum block how much diference is it compare to a stage 2 block, just saying can a machinest thats does stage 2 blocks and 109 blocks for over 20 years machine one of the T/A blocks, or is it a whole other ballgame need info on this thanks...:confused::confused:

There are certain things that need to be done because the block is aluminum. Expansion rates are completly different if done wrong it would be catistrofic $4000 dollars is a lot to play around with, just my opinion.

There are certain things that need to be done because the block is aluminum. Expansion rates are completly different if done wrong it would be catistrofic $4000 dollars is a lot to play around with, just my opinion.

Thanks for the info didn't know that,

if you have questions about your TA block and what you need to do what better person to call then nick micale?

Nick Micale @ Arizona GN would be a good person to speak to.
He works very closely with TA and they have built a lot of motors:

Nick Micale
3334 W, Marconi Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85053
602-866-9908
www.arizonagn.com
arizonagn@q.com

Duttweiler Performance and RPE are also good choices.

Nick built mine and I am VERY please with the results. BTW, you can't find a better man to work with!:biggrin:

I talked to him today nice guy, has he built any bada$$ race engines that i can watch on youtube, or a video, or racecar names, i see the name bob from rpe or dan from dls for fast guys,is nick up there with them in the 7 or 8 sec, engine builds reason why i ask is i never heard his name before but this is my first t/a block,leave it to me when i get a block i buy the hardest one to machine. and thanks for everyones help..

nick was a major player in the production of the TA block. you need to do some research my friend. he has been around buicks a hell of a long time. he/zimmerman where also key players in getting a 109 in the 8's. i can go on and on but nick is fast and he has alot of fast customers.

I talked to him today nice guy, has he built any bada$$ race engines that i can watch on youtube, or a video, or racecar names, i see the name bob from rpe or dan from dls for fast guys,is nick up there with them in the 7 or 8 sec, engine builds reason why i ask is i never heard his name before but this is my first t/a block,leave it to me when i get a block i buy the hardest one to machine. and thanks for everyones help..

Nick was involved from the ground floor with the T/A Block, alot of knowledge about it. Dan from DLS has got a great rep, and some fast motors out there Ted.A motor. Bob From RPE built my 7 sec T/A block motor and also Built Dave Fiscus 7 sec T/A block motor.

nick was a major player in the production of the TA block. you need to do some research my friend. he has been around buicks a hell of a long time. he/zimmerman where also key players in getting a 109 in the 8's. i can go on and on but nick is fast and he has alot of fast customers.

Ok thats the info i was looking for well i'll be shipping it to him next week thanks for all the info,

Back