T-Tops/Cage/stiffness

turbocivic

YES, I DID A SEARCH.

You guys with the "dreaded T-Top cars", I am in the market for a GN/T-Type and might consider a T-Top car. I want to drive the thing comfortably but would consider a 5 or 6 point cage w/ swing outs. I plan on going to the track with the car so the chassis is important to me.

Do any of you have a t-top car with a 5 or 6 point cage installed? Did this eliminate the twisting that I have read about? Or did you have to go with an 8 point or more? I really do not want an 8 point.

What times are you running with t-tops and a 6 point? (60', 1/4)

Thanks.

I have a T top car that has had at least a 6 point cage in it since 00' No problems with twisting.

I have a T top car that has had at least a 6 point cage in it since 00' No problems with twisting.

BS !!! You know the car is goin to break in half one of these days !! :p We ran T Roof cars for "YEARS" with no problems.. BUT they were only mid 11 street cars.

I've got a welder. I'll put it back together.

It's been painted since 99 and this winter when they cut the frame rails something moved and a piece chipped off around the rear quarter window.

The HR bar solved 99% of my twisting and rattling. Ive got every damn brace, bushing, mount and bar they make for these damn things on my T-top car. Transbrake launches, burnouts, footbrake...no issues. I think besides the HR bar, the next biggest gain was welding in my GNX rear seat brace. Tig welding that in worked just about like a cage. If you put a jack right behind the front tire and pump 2 times, 3 wheels are off the ground.

HR bar for sure. I have a t top car with no cage and a full notch. The car does feel looser than a hard top car, but the HR bar makes the car feel tighter.

YES, I DID A SEARCH.

You guys with the "dreaded T-Top cars", I am in the market for a GN/T-Type and might consider a T-Top car. I want to drive the thing comfortably but would consider a 5 or 6 point cage w/ swing outs. I plan on going to the track with the car so the chassis is important to me.

Do any of you have a t-top car with a 5 or 6 point cage installed? Did this eliminate the twisting that I have read about? Or did you have to go with an 8 point or more? I really do not want an 8 point.

What times are you running with t-tops and a 6 point? (60', 1/4)

Thanks.

I think it also depends how fast you're planning on running and how much power it makes.

I have a 7.5 cert cage. All crome molly.
Front cap, hood, bumpers, doors, trunk lid all fiberglass.
I had a one t-top fly off during an 8.50 pass.

I solved this by sealing them with black window urathane.
I know others who have used silicone.

Not a good solution for a nice street car, but for an all our drag car. It's a safety issue.

look your T beam in the middle , long time ago in the 90 all the spotweld broke. After welding it everthing since then.