You can type here any text you want

T-type broke down on way back from BG

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Buickturbo85

Loves The Buicks
Mods, please move this thread if in the wrong forum.

Just wanted to say a public "thanks" to the 2 guys that stopped to help when my T-Type broke down just south of Louisville today. Not sure who they were or if they were members of this board, but they were from Michigan and in a black SUV and white van I believe. They were also heading back from the Nats and stopped to see if I needed help. Just goes to show the type of people that have these cars. :smile:

The bolts holding the FP regulator worked loose, and the regulator popped off the fuel rail spraying gas everywhere. I'm feeling pretty lucky that the car didn't burn to the ground. Tightened the regulator up and went on my way home.

dammmmmmmmmmmmmmm that could have been baddddddddddddddd the buick gods were looking over you say a prayer

Glad to see a buick guy near me. I live in Batavia and have been in this stuff of quite awhile. Maybe I could check out your car sometime.

Dave Fiscus
8.31@167.82

WOW........nice offer Dave

Thats great to see...the record setting guru of the land offering to check out a members ride. I love to hear these things. Well done Dave. Thats why you are so well liked in the community.

Congrats on your record at BG, I wish I would have made it this year but the new engine wasn't done.

Bryan

Thanks for the kind words Bryan. I really love these cars and like to help anyone that I can. BG was really good this year and so was the Norwalk event! Hope that your engine is done soon, I'm sure you'll like it. RPE did mine and I don't have any complaints.

Dave Fiscus

Dave, I watched you run last year at The Midwest Challenge,WOW!!!!!
I was hanging with Jack Cotton. It was the first time that I got to run my car at a track... I spent 8 hours towing the car and blew a head gasket on the first run... Still managed to run a 12.58, I was very disappointed but had a great time. I hope to have the car ready for the Midwest Challenge this year and hope to see you run again. You are a class act. If you are there I will introduce myself. Hope to see you there. Take care.

Bryan

Glad to see a buick guy near me. I live in Batavia and have been in this stuff of quite awhile. Maybe I could check out your car sometime.

Dave Fiscus
8.31@167.82

Sounds good Dave. I know who you are; I've been to every Nats meet since 99, so I've seen you a few times :biggrin: First time I really noticed your car was at a TNT at Edgewater MANY moons ago. We were blown away at how fast it was running back then.

I could actually use a hand troubleshooting a new problem with the T-type if you want to swing out sometime. I'll PM you my cell number or you can do the same. Not that it's anything spectacular, but I run a powder coating business out here and have a couple other turbo rides if you're interested. I'll give you the grand tour ;)

Corbin

Sounds good to me. Maybe we can all get together and figuire your problem out.

Dave Fiscus

Back