t67 sickness! x2 t67's and a skyline? Welcome 2the XxDarkSidexX

Umm that was cool, but a 505HP Z06 will go 198MPH.
This thing must have bad gearing.

so how about it good video or not? 200+mph in a car with passenger and camera man snapping a flash in ur face, 2 lane road in tunnel, camera cars on 1 lane and you flying @ 200+mph in the other lane, and on and on i think there is a lot of acrazy shi t going on in this video i could go on.

mad repsect for well built skylines

XxDarkSidexX said:
so how about it good video or not? 200+mph in a car with passenger and camera man snapping a flash in ur face, 2 lane road in tunnel, camera cars on 1 lane and you flying @ 200+mph in the other lane, and on and on i think there is a lot of acrazy shi t going on in this video i could go on.

This was a cool video, thanks for posting it!

I have seen a video of Calloway Vette do this.
My friend was the camera person and I know the driver.

XxDarkSidexX said:

Certainly a good video and as you mentioned crazy stuff indeed going on in it especially at those speeds.... Kinda reminds me of some videos I've seen of different top end vehicles on the Autobahn(sp?) testing.. Also, I seem to remember seeing an In-car video of a Heffner supercharged Viper (think it was in Chi-town) taking off from a toll booth and running over 200 MPH before shutting it down :cool:

thats really not that impressive, like said, a z06 will do damn near 200, throw a blower on it and it would be easy. ive been 189 in my 04 GTO at night on a 2 lane road, it wasnt a big deal. being in a tunnel and not having to worry about stuff jumping in front of you is about the safest place to do that IMO
Gary

here's my boyz GTR back home in MD.. This is his street one (500hp at all 4wheels) and he also has a GTS as a race toy..

RichSkyline.jpg

you think it takes $$$ to make a Buick fast, try to keep a budget with on of those :D ....

ITSNOTAGN said:
thats really not that impressive, like said, a z06 will do damn near 200, throw a blower on it and it would be easy. ive been 189 in my 04 GTO at night on a 2 lane road, it wasnt a big deal. being in a tunnel and not having to worry about stuff jumping in front of you is about the safest place to do that IMO
Gary

Talk to me about your GTO brother!

nordy racer said:
here's my boyz GTR back home in MD.. This is his street one (500hp at all 4wheels) and he also has a GTS as a race toy..

RichSkyline.jpg

you think it takes $$$ to make a Buick fast, try to keep a budget with on of those :D ....

You boyz stuff looks nice.
That is amazing that he has two of those cars.

nothing special, 6 speed, 4" cold air and headers/exhaust, cam. 189 was about 7200 rpm in 5th gear, everyone said "you cant rev an ls1 over 6500 itll blow up!!", well i my rev limiter was at 7220 and i bounced off it a couple times, it just takes stones to go that fast i guess? :D

ITSNOTAGN said:
nothing special, 6 speed, 4" cold air and headers/exhaust, cam. 189 was about 7200 rpm in 5th gear, everyone said "you cant rev an ls1 over 6500 itll blow up!!", well i my rev limiter was at 7220 and i bounced off it a couple times, it just takes stones to go that fast i guess? :D

That is sick, I wonder what it would do in 6th with a 150 shot???
What cam do you have in it?

224/283 on a 112, .560 lift before i got the tune down pat it would move side to side about 6" at idle, really mean. ive hit a 150 in third fourth and fifth, second bout spun it around. it pulled up to 170 really really fast, about the same as a stocker going 70-110 (sweet spot, top of third) and pulled 4-5 lengths on a c5 z06 with headers/exhaust, patriot heads and a tune. local dyno guy said it should have been between 490-530whp based on my N/A run. anyway it beat the hell out of a car that runs a 11.7-12.0 at around 115 by over 2 cars on the highway. on a painted 1/4 on the road by my house, no prep with 245/45/17 regular street tires i was breaking 125 on the radar gun, and around a 12.2. a 100 shot did 11.85 @121 at the track though. never got to run it at the track with 100+ as the drivetrain wouldnt have handled it anyway, stock clutch isnt the strongest!
Gary

heh didn't think so. That asian guy was doing that in a tunnel, with a huge flash camera take a million pictures, 2 lane road WITH the left lane blocked by other camera crews, really only staying in 1 lane. O yea, he's not just and asian guy, he's the owner of that speed shop TOP SECRET. One of the top 3 biggest tunning shops in Japan. Multi million dollar company, and the OWNER is the one driving. NOt a mechanic, or a tech, or a sales man....the owner!

I know other cars have a max. mph somewhere around the same, but giving the situtations described above, plus many many more not mentioned, i highly dought those cars can hit 200mph in the same time as that skyline. a 200mph car that is JUST as fast in a straight line as it is in the twisties. This car has run many road courses in japan, and was just "playing" around with a high speed run.

this is sickness at its best in japan!

oh im not knocking it by any means, and that guys damn cool at that. just a note that it isnt a tremendous feat anymore. sure that car could probably go about 220 if he pushed it. but look at the vids on streetfire of some big a$$ turbo cars racing right down the interstate. ive seen supras top out in 5th at 8500rpm, thats getting into the 180s im sure. wish i woulda got a vid of it, but i was alone and trying to do that would be very foolish. i was alone because if something were to happen i wouldnt want to be responsible for them as well.
OH i do have a vid of me hitting about 150 or so without nitrous on a 2 lane in front of my house ;) ill post it sometime.
Gary