T72 Turbo

Fred Haumesser

Hello Everyone! It has been 3 years since I last visited this site. My T-R days have passed as I have sold my cars and one was stolen. I now have a 2006 turbocharged GTO that I play with.

The turbo kit for my GTO came with a T72 turbo. I was not sure of it, so I had a well-known vendor look it over. He replaced a few seals but found all else to be in great shape. The mileage on the turbo is less than 400. Here are the specs:

T72 compressor wheel with an A/R of 0.70; 4 inch inlet and 2.5 inch outlet

"P" trim turbine with T04 inlet and 3 inch tangential outlet (V-band). A/R = 0.96

I think this unit is too large for my purposes, so it is up for sale. $800 OBO shipped anywhere in continenatl US. Pics are attached. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0214_1.JPG
    IMG_0214_1.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 1,161
  • IMG_0215_1.JPG
    IMG_0215_1.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 1,160
So you bought the turbo kit used? How many miles were put on the turbo prior to you using it? Is it 400miles total in its lifetime, or 400 miles of your use? Be a little bit more specific ;)

The total miles are less than 400. I did not use it since I was unsure of it. I would not install something unless I was sure of it. An LS2 is a terrible thing to waste.

Would you like to trade for a reconditioned T-70 from John Craig of Limited Turbo-it has a precision .85 exh housing- 4" in/ 2.5" out-has not been used since overhauling from John Craig?

I would be interested in trading for something smaller, such as T66. I think a T70 will still be slightly too big. Thanks.

UPDATE: I received the tubo back. It now looks new and is basically brand new. The person will insected and overhauled it will be happy to answer any questions about it. I will also consider a trade for a T3 or T4 T66 turbo. Thanks.

I am currently on a business trip, so I can not post anything until Friday. I would rather not unseal the turbo unless someone is really interested. I'll send you a PM; thanks.