You can type here any text you want

TA Block Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Larry, I understand your frustration, and agree it should not have happened that way.:o

At the time your engine was being built at TA, Mike Zimmerman and I were putting together the pro-type off-center block. This is the one still in my car. The block has over 300 runs at this point, with the majority in the 9's.

We have had many "growing pains" with the block, but actually all of them minor with the oil drain back problem being one of them. We have done a few things to solve this problem as I discussed with you on the phone.

TA does have a rep on this site - your's truely!:D I am not only a distributor for TA, but I do lots of consulting, pro-type development and field testing for the V-6 products.

I am very sorry for your issues you have been having with the engine. We have lots of experience building many TA blocks as well as other makes of alum engines. Unless a shop has experience in prepping and machining alum blocks and the proper equipment, it is very difficult to turn out a quality product.

We learned our lessons on the TA block by building and racing our first one, and sorry this info did not get back to TA in time for your build. All of our customers have had great results with our builds.

I have talked with the person [who I know!] now freshening your engine and am sure it will perform as you rightly expect, thanks for your feedback.:)[/QUOTE

I appreciate your response Nick. You are right in that you are a Rep here- I stand corrected. However,for me - I have always set you outside that box --I am sure because I live on the other side of the country. I will say you are very good for the Buick community- and for me, have always been available, upfront and helpful...Thanks. If you were running for President - you would get my vote :biggrin:

Back