You can type here any text you want

TA Block Stud & Heads questions?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wilkinshc

Some Throttle More Bottle
Looking thru TA catalog I see that they have head studs for $159 (14 bolt for Iron blk, Stg 1, and Stg 2 Blocks) part # TA v1133b or for $199 (14 bolt for TA Blk) part # TA V1134a. Is this a typo or is there a reason the Ta block needs different studs then a stage 2 blk? Maybe your paying for the TA Block name?

Guess I will slip in one more question, What are the difference in the SE and SI heads? :confused: I have talked with Nick Micale and he says no difference same exact casting, except the intake port on the SE is cnc larger then SI but they both have the same potential and same exact casting. Anyone else heard this? Not that I doubt Nick but I would like to get my information from more the one source.

Thanks
Chuck

Chuck,

My understanding from talking to Mike about the differences in their stud kits is that the hole depths on the TA block are not the same as the Stage II block. I was checking out the stud lengths for Len Freman's Stage II engine with TA heads earlier today and I can tell you those studs aren't all the correct lengths for the application. Suffice it to say I had to cut 1/4 inch (yes thats .250") off each of the long studs and now they appear to be the correct length. High performance stuff you gotta love it. ;)

Neal

P.S. The difference in the SI and SE heads are the valve sizes and the porting. The head casting is the same.

wilkinshc said:
Looking thru TA catalog I see that they have head studs for $159 (14 bolt for Iron blk, Stg 1, and Stg 2 Blocks) part # TA v1133b or for $199 (14 bolt for TA Blk) part # TA V1134a. Is this a typo or is there a reason the Ta block needs different studs then a stage 2 blk? Maybe your paying for the TA Block name?

Guess I will slip in one more question, What are the difference in the SE and SI heads? :confused: I have talked with Nick Micale and he says no difference same exact casting, except the intake port on the SE is cnc larger then SI but they both have the same potential and same exact casting. Anyone else heard this? Not that I doubt Nick but I would like to get my information from more the one source.

Thanks
Chuck

Where has len's stage engine been? Is this a new build? Guess it pays to build tranny's... :D Hopefully he'll have it in for vegas, that would be awesome.

Stu,

Len's Stage II engine has been in pieces either in my garage or at the machine shop for about a year now. I think we finally have all the parts on hand. The shortblock is coming together slowly but I think Vegas should be possible. Cross your fingers. :)

Neal

Big Stu said:
Where has len's stage engine been? Is this a new build? Guess it pays to build tranny's... :D Hopefully he'll have it in for vegas, that would be awesome.

I know you do. :D Got any .040 pistons laying around? I need a cross-bolted block too. :eek:

Big Stu said:
I know you do. :D Got any .040 pistons laying around? I need a cross-bolted block too. :eek:

I have all of the above but you are not getting anymore stage 2 stuff from me unless you buy it all!!! :D

John Wilde said:
I have all of the above but you are not getting anymore stage 2 stuff from me unless you buy it all!!! :D

Aw man, I actually have to spend money on this stuff?! :D How is the car, you getting anything accomplished lately? :)

wilkinshc said:
.........What are the difference in the SE and SI heads? :confused: I have talked with Nick Micale and he says no difference same exact casting, except the intake port on the SE is cnc larger then SI but they both have the same potential and same exact casting. Anyone else heard this? Not that I doubt Nick but I would like to get my information from more the one source.

Thanks Chuck

Chuck, bring your heads back to Phoenix and will let you use the calipers and mike to check dimensions between the SI and SE heads. Maybe you can find a difference that we could not? :confused:

Nick Micale said:
Chuck, bring your heads back to Phoenix and will let you use the calipers and mike to check dimensions between the SI and SE heads. Maybe you can find a difference that we could not? :confused:

Nick, I agree they do look the same but I was just asking for a second opinion, I am spending alot of money (which is a limited resource) on this engine, so do not want to make any mistakes.

Guess my question should have been while the name difference.

On my list of parts, I notice it still need to add oil pickup tube, dipstick, and valve covers but the front cover work was listed on the front machine work list.

Thanks,
Chuck

Back