TA Headers --which version??? Stock SS Replacement or the SS Race Version

jmendlik

New combo is below and would like to purchase a new set of TA Heders for my new 250CU Stroker motor I have built.
my question-SS Stock replacements ($750) or the mild steel performance version ($750) or SS performance version ($1025)

I'm running the PTE 46MM Wastegate on my stock Iron headers and will need to move thsi over to the new header I purchase.

WHat do you guy's think?? Will I lose performance by staying with the stock SS replacements ove rthe performance version?

Here is my new 250CU stroker set up now:

3.820 Stage1 Block, BMS crank, crower rods, Diamond pistons, JW plate, BJH Balancer
Comp cams 218/224 billet roller (.545 intake/.553 Exhaust) .330 Lobe lift intake--.335 Exh
Comp cams 885 Roller lifters
T&D roller rocker setup 1.55 ratio
Full race port on Tom's GN-1s
leaning towards GN1- Intake vs stock ported
PTE 6466 DBBB CEA Turbo
Jimmys stage 3 full billiet trans
Dusty PTE NL Converter
E85 with TT 6.1 W/B Chip

Street car with limited track time

open to suggestions...

Get the aftermarket SS, not the stock replacements....
Also from your other thread...get a ported stock intake. The full race intake doesn't really benefit you unless your running 8's. Since your running the 6466...your not looking for that ET.

New combo is below and would like to purchase a new set of TA Heders for my new 250CU Stroker motor I have built.
my question-SS Stock replacements ($750) or the mild steel performance version ($750) or SS performance version ($1025)

I'm running the PTE 46MM Wastegate on my stock Iron headers and will need to move thsi over to the new header I purchase.

WHat do you guy's think?? Will I lose performance by staying with the stock SS replacements ove rthe performance version?
I have full port GN1's and the TA stock replacement header. They match up perfect. There is no reversion. Looks like you could have 700 + hp so its looking like the time to go bigger. With the stroke and cam I think your hand is forced.

Here is my new 250CU stroker set up now:

3.820 Stage1 Block, BMS crank, crower rods, Diamond pistons, JW plate, BJH Balancer
Comp cams 218/224 billet roller (.545 intake/.553 Exhaust) .330 Lobe lift intake--.335 Exh
Comp cams 885 Roller lifters
T&D roller rocker setup 1.55 ratio
Full race port on Tom's GN-1s
leaning towards GN1- Intake vs stock ported
PTE 6466 DBBB CEA Turbo
Jimmys stage 3 full billiet trans
Dusty PTE NL Converter
E85 with TT 6.1 W/B Chip

Street car with limited track time

open to suggestions...

I have stock replacement TA's and full port GN1's. The headers fit great with no reversion. Your combo suggests over 700 hp and with the stroke and cam go big or go home.

I have stock replacement TA's and full port GN1's. The headers fit great with no reversion. Your combo suggests over 700 hp and with the stroke and cam go big or go home.

Do you run the gaskets that come with the TA headers on the aluminum heads?

If your stock headers are in good shape, stick with what you have or if you have to have headers, just get the full race SS ones. Keep in mind, I don't think the flanges are SS though, so you'll want to coat them.

If your stock headers are in good shape, stick with what you have or if you have to have headers, just get the full race SS ones. Keep in mind, I don't think the flanges are SS though, so you'll want to coat them.
When running GN1's and the TA replacement headers you must create your own plug socket clearances for #'s 2 & 4