You can type here any text you want

TA stock replacement vs racing headers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TTipe

Snake Skinner
Considering replacing my TA stock replacement with TA racing headers. I'm looking for data / examples to indicate what the performance limits of the stock replacement headers are. I'm also aware that the engine, turbo & converter plays into this heavily. I'm going to an external gate with whatever headers I end up with. Feedback is appreciated.

The stock replacement will get you there
Spend money elsewhere...

By the looks of that sig, you should be there already. I don't think 1200.00 headers are gonna do it,but as always its your money.

Considering replacing my TA stock replacement with TA racing headers. I'm looking for data / examples to indicate what the performance limits of the stock replacement headers are. I'm also aware that the engine, turbo & converter plays into this heavily. I'm going to an external gate with whatever headers I end up with. Feedback is appreciated.
I run the ta race headers.havent been off since I put them on;)first thing I noticed was a change in motor tone and slightly better spool up.mt thought was I would rather pull the trigger and get what I want.i have a built motor with compression and an very happy with the headers but also know stock headers can run 9s but I got sick of pulling them off.

If you like spending a lot if cash to not go any faster then you should definitely get them if not try getting your car tuned by someone that knows these cars as that would get you going fast then those headers just my opinion

Just like a stock ported intake vs a champion race Intake.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm just looking for numbers / facts. Experience is a good teacher . I have not driven either my combo or my combo with race headers. I'll keep what I have & see how it goes.

TTipe,

I agree with Gene, with your signature you should already be close, at a casual glance I would agree perhaps have someone tune your XFI. I hate to say this because my friend ran in the 10's way back when with a T63 turbo, but perhaps you could go faster with a more modern turbo if you have this one maxed out?

Chuck

I ran 9.86@137 with a te63e turbo, stock headers, stock home ported intake, stock throttle body, stock home ported heads, amd a 210/215 roller cam. Your headers are not holding you back any.

Back