TA49 vs Precision 6262

Mr Spool , never had a alky pump fail?
Nope been using the shurflow modded pump since the alkycontrol was introduced.see I do this thing called preventative matience and look at the fuel gauge.i have lost more fuel pumps but I don't go telling people not to use certain pumps.i understand things fail in the real world.still waiting on that 60ft response.

Nope been using the shurflow modded pump since the alkycontrol was introduced.see I do this thing called preventative matience and look at the fuel gauge.i have lost more fuel pumps but I don't go telling people not to use certain pumps.i understand things fail in the real world.still waiting on that 60ft response.

I’ve killed two fuel pumps on my double pumper setup running 1/8 of a tank all the time. I know it’s bad for it, but didn’t think they would die as fast as they do. Running an 1/8 tank for about 6 months will ruin the primary pump. I keep it 1/2 to full now and haven’t had any issue since bowling green 2017. Had an Alky pump leak, but if you replace it every 2yrs as instructed it never seems to be an issue.

Real world BB less boost off the foot brake car 60' better than journal. That's it. My experience

2 years maintenance for sure on pump. One of mine lasted 6 years without any maintenance. Taking the pump out of the car during storage is a great idea.

There's no doubt Dusty has the narrow RPM range figured out for the turbo Buicks. Stay clear of the Ptc 3200 10" though. Do it right and get the 9.5"

I’ve killed two fuel pumps on my double pumper setup running 1/8 of a tank all the time. I know it’s bad for it, but didn’t think they would die as fast as they do. Running an 1/8 tank for about 6 months will ruin the primary pump. I keep it 1/2 to full now and haven’t had any issue since bowling green 2017. Had an Alky pump leak, but if you replace it every 2yrs as instructed it never seems to be an issue.
I'm a little OCD when it comes to topping off my tank , it never gets below 1/2 and my Alky pumped leaked twice after installing it and Julio took car of both pumps

Hey Keith did you go with the 2800 or 3200 stall from Ptc?
I went with the 10 " LU , 2800 stall , it was 500$ and we talked bout the 9.5 but it was a NLU and closer to a grand . Dusty said I would be fine with the 10 " even if I went to a 6262 , David H disagreed but that is for a whole other thread .

Agreed also on the faster stuff the g forces bite hard if you run your fuel tanks dry.

But as Paul mentions the nonlock PTC tightens up top even on stock combos... 23mph pickup on stock turbo/heads/cam. Will be interesting to see how a 49 would work on same combo.
Yes i remember your thread,that was super interesting to me.my initial thought was because of the weight of the car but I have seen other threads with guys having good results as well.

:Dthat's how you go fast.you put 18 degrees on a stock low compression motor and a 49 at 3800lbs and tell me how fast you go.

Boost doesn't hurt motors , timing does. I always tune safe. Jmo, with any fuel , would go above 20* up top and wouldn't let it fluctuate more than 2*

49 turbo .63 on a stock car , in that application would use very very high quality race fuel , lower the timing 19/18 and run as the boost as I could...and locking the converter. IATS, Cylinder pressures are going be sky fkn high....not on my car...

Just my thoughts like posted, wouldn't put a 59mm on a 231 ci inch and be serious about going fast. I wouldnt push it, we used cuz that's what we had in the 80's/90's. There are more efficient wheels now a days that work way better in high pressure applications.

Jmo, dont mean to disrespect anyone. Thanks

There are more efficient wheels now a days that work way better in high pressure applications.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Jmo, dont mean to disrespect anyone.
Nope it's all good i enjoy the dialogue and hope i didnt offend.i agree about newer wheels, the problem with putting an awesome turbo on a stock car is your still limited with the stock motor and it's only capable so much.i don't push stock motors past mid to high 11s @3700lbs anymore and in that power range a 49 is perfect on the stocker at full weight.my old combo used to run 11.58@116 at 21psi and 1.58 60fts leaving at 1psi it really needed the whip to run 10s.put a built motor moved the combo around a little and it ran 10s at 18psi with 18degrees of timing on its 1st pass.heads and cam is a big deal.

49 turbo .63 on a stock car , in that application would use very very high quality race fuel , lower the timing 19/18 and run as the boost as I could.
In my experience 18 degrees and all the boost on c16 wouldn't lite the fuel regardless of which chip was in it.the 60ft/330 was soft just running 30 psi and lower timing.changing the tune at the track to higher timing 26to 32 and lowering the boost even down to 21 made better hits through the 330.fast forward to tt chips you could run higher timing in the 1/2 gear scale it back on the 3rd gear and now you can dial it in better.