TA49 vs Precision 6262

Ouch, nice dickshot Bison but I'm pretty sure Precision knows what they're doing matching the bigger than stock (PTE) housing on the 6262 for the Buick crowd. :)

Btw, I replaced a very similar SMALLER journal bearing turbo with .63 that I purchased from you with T-6162 Ball Bearing with a .82. Spooled faster and my 60' improved with even less boost off the foot brake.

I’m pretty sure you missed the point again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the point? You said you wouldn't put a a PTE .63 or .82 on a 62mm. You're stick with a Garrett .63

Don't know why it with the technology today you wouldn't upgrade to a ball bearing and a bigger A/R. I did and it spools faster. Like I said, my track times improved.

More power sooner is like having more power.

Anyways, nice thread going on. Jmo[/QUOTE]

What's the point? You said you wouldn't put a a PTE .63 or .82 on a 62mm. You're stick with a Garrett .63

Don't know why it with the technology today you wouldn't upgrade to a ball bearing and a bigger A/R. I did and it spools faster. Like I said, my track times improved.

More power sooner is like having more power.

Anyways, nice thread going on. Jmo
[/QUOTE]

When you make some fast passes report back. We’ve already been been there and done that.

Here is what i'm bout to do , I have got a 10 " PTC LU converter from Dusty . I ordered a billet input shaft and billet from drum from CK transmission and hopefully they will be here this coming week , and I got a deep Hughes aluminum pan from Jegs that's here already . I'm in North MS and I have a friend that's gonna build my trans , putting the good clutches in , wide band and some other good stuff but anyway as soon as its in and have some break in time I'm gonna track it . We have a super nice 1/8 mile track in Holly Springs , MS ( Holly Springs Dragway ) google it , its nice . I'm gonna track it with my TA49 and report back on how I have done THEN I'm gonna go with a different turbo and see then how we do . It will be the same set up just different Turbo . Please understand I'm gonna tune to the new one and I will report the findings . I also forgot to mention I will be mounting a cooler I got from David H . I maybe wrong but I think most folks here are like me , an unopened engine and wanting to get the most out of it . I thank everyone who has took the time to give me their input , Keith

, I replaced a very similar SMALLER journal bearing turbo with .63 that I purchased from you with T-6162 Ball Bearing with a .82. Spooled faster and my 60' improved with even less boost off the foot brake.
What kind of 60ft times are we talking about here?and are we talking about the stock low compression motor with bad heads?

Nothing hits like the t31 with the Garrett .63 especially when the converter is marginal.
I ran every 3 bolt ex housing from .63 to .85 and so did a few of my friends.the .63 garret was by far the king, 1.4 60fts off the footbrake and a 49. the larger ex housing always made the car softer on the 60ft if the car had the suspension and the traction and now how.;)

I ran every 3 bolt ex housing from .63 to .85 and so did a few of my friends.the .63 garret was by far the king, 1.4 60fts off the footbrake and a 49. the larger ex housing always made the car softer on the 60ft if the car had the suspension and the traction and now how.;)

Yes. It will choke flow some of the wheels with tall inducers but usually those people aren’t at the point where it’s going to be causing choke flow. If I wanted to go 130+ I wouldn’t use it but the benefits outweigh the potential drawbacks slower than that by a lot. If there’s an argument that it does cause choke flow which it will eventually and the converter isn’t close to correct it’s like chasing after cents when there’s dollars to be had.

Here is what i'm bout to do , I have got a 10 " PTC LU converter from Dusty . I ordered a billet input shaft and billet from drum from CK transmission and hopefully they will be here this coming week , and I got a deep Hughes aluminum pan from Jegs that's here already . I'm in North MS and I have a friend that's gonna build my trans , putting the good clutches in , wide band and some other good stuff but anyway as soon as its in and have some break in time I'm gonna track it . We have a super nice 1/8 mile track in Holly Springs , MS ( Holly Springs Dragway ) google it , its nice . I'm gonna track it with my TA49 and report back on how I have done THEN I'm gonna go with a different turbo and see then how we do . It will be the same set up just different Turbo . Please understand I'm gonna tune to the new one and I will report the findings . I also forgot to mention I will be mounting a cooler I got from David H . I maybe wrong but I think most folks here are like me , an unopened engine and wanting to get the most out of it . I thank everyone who has took the time to give me their input , Keith
Are you working around the converter?or are you working the converter to the turbo?here,to make a 49 fast I would use x converter,if I was running a 62mm I would use a different converter.

I have the 49 and I'm bout to get the tranny built in the next week or so . I have Dusty's ( PTC ) 10" LU and gonna see what it can do and then maybe go to a different Turbo

I have the 49 and I'm bout to get the tranny built in the next week or so . I have Dusty's ( PTC ) 10" LU and gonna see what it can do and then maybe go to a different Turbo

A local guys car I work on just did a 12.2@110 with only 20.3psi and a 1.9 60’ with a 10” 2800 ptc lockup. He has a 204/214 flat tappet, Alky and dut neck intercooler. I told him I think it’ll go mid 11’s with the boost up and launch right.

I think you should try a different converter to maximize the stock motor and 49.

If there’s an argument that it does cause choke flow which it will eventually
Most guys fear this now,and im not sure why?most don't even come close or run their combos hard enough to understand what choke flow even is.

Most guys fear this now,and im not sure why?most don't even come close or runtheir combos hard enough to understand what choke flow even is.

Most don’t even understand what a pre turbo exhaust leak does to performance.

If he doesnt blow through it;)

His rpm is up there, but maybe going from dex to type F and getting him to put a cooler on it will help tighten it a tad. Flashes to 4700-4800 and dropping gears to 4900. It’s gaining 22mph out the back unlocked with about 10.1afr. It wants to knock over 10.5 with 23* 1-2 and 21* in 3rd.

Look at the intake charge temps might have to add more meth.

Dumping more meth to cover up the iat issue is NOT the solution. Turn the boost down. If that alky pump for one reason or another doesn't spray (no alky in tank,leaks,pump quits..) you are fooked!!! DO NOT TUNE LIKE THAT GUYS. Tune safe!

You want the timing high down low as you are building cylinder pressures , then drop off up top when most load is on the motor. jmo, stock computer ? See what the car likes , 22*/18* 21* up top is too much.

Your air fuel ratio is too rich. Your a/f depends on the amount of boost you are running. 20# boost 11.4/11.5 is tits. 30# 10.5-10.7 ...

Get a new converter Turbo Keith. Check your iat's . Post your delta.

I had the fuel at 10.8-11.0 on one pass and it was knocking at the top of 2nd, on the shift and into 3rd. I have the log, but think it was 6-9*. Turned the meth and added a number to a few cells and it went down with no knock. Timing seems fairly normal compared to a standard turbo tweak chip at that boost, may pull a degree to see. I think I verified the timing with the light to be actual when I installed the sd2. On one run at the very end of 3rd the afr was 10.4 and we saw a blip of 0.5kr. Comparing his slips to the database it’s pretty fast compared to similar combos on only 20.3psi and a 1.9 60’. Has another local guy pulling 1.7 60’ with a 5831 on 27psi and only ran a 12.1@109 with 20mph out the back.