TAI - Reynolds Results please?

that's exactly what i am going to do but i will have a built short block started soon..it's going to give me a nine:).....Bob

You already had a nine.. just didnt have the conditions. I'd drop a stock piston back in it and get it done :D

Good luck either way..

You already had a nine.. just didnt have the conditions. I'd drop a stock piston back in it and get it done :D

Good luck either way..

thanks Julio..John and me are going to do some talking but we want to get some more interest in this class..i will be at BG to run this class..thanks for the tester you gave me and thanks for all you do for TAI.......Bob

Sorry to hear about the broken motors....Hopefully everyone will make it to BG next year. After seeing some of the times posted in this thread :eek:, I have my work cut out to just try and put up a bit of fight at BG next year!

thanks Julio..John and me are going to do some talking but we want to get some more interest in this class..i will be at BG to run this class..thanks for the tester you gave me and thanks for all you do for TAI.......Bob

I would like to be in the mix with you guys......but my spun bearing 3 years ago has morphed into a 3 1/2 year project. I have bought so many new or used upgrades it isn't funny..... drawing my project out...... I'll be there at some point......I might not be the fastest..... but I should at least be in the mix.....

Bob
What's your thought about the cause of the piston damage? You had the double pump in at Reynolds didn't you. Think the damage started earlier? Seems like there are several cars hurting cylinders 1 or 3. Looks like the Cometics work well.
Congrats on the incredible et's by both Bob and John. The bar has been set high. Hope to see everyone in BG.
Randy

Randy, why don't you tell everyone the MPH you ran in BG a few weeks ago and scare everyone off;);)

See ya, Kip

Bob
What's your thought about the cause of the piston damage? You had the double pump in at Reynolds didn't you. Think the damage started earlier? Seems like there are several cars hurting cylinders 1 or 3. Looks like the Cometics work well.
Congrats on the incredible et's by both Bob and John. The bar has been set high. Hope to see everyone in BG.
Randy

Randy, i made a pass at my local dragstrip on DR's and really wasn't expecting to go as fast as i did(10.16) the car leaned out on that run with the single fuel pump..i think that's when i hurt it..it could have been hurt before that because #3 plug didn't ever look right to me..wasn't burning the fuel off clean like the other cylinders..and yes the Comectics are the $hit..they look great.....What mph did you go in BG?:).hth..Bob

Well guy's can't post any picks ,but I hurt #1 rod and peppered the piston. DEFINATLY A FEUL PROBLEM!!!!

I too should of had my second pump coming on but wasn't getting any detitination with just one ,and many people do only run a single and don't have any problems.

Quess there is a lesson to learn, everything else was OK, time to save some money and buy some new parts.

THAT'S RACING!!!!

JD

Randy

thanks for the complements..we want competition in this class so if there are some fast or slower alky cars out there please be in BG and enter the TAI class.the more cars we have the better the racing and you never know a 10sec car might take out a 9sec car:).one thing about this class the regular joe can run his or her car and it doesn't cost a fortune..i am running old school stuff..who runs a 70 p-trim anymore? ..Randy it had a DPer at Reynolds but i think the damage had already been done.......Bob

Well guy's can't post any picks ,but I hurt #1 rod and peppered the piston. DEFINATLY A FEUL PROBLEM!!!!

I too should of had my second pump coming on but wasn't getting any detitination with just one ,and many people do only run a single and don't have any problems.

Quess there is a lesson to learn, everything else was OK, time to save some money and buy some new parts.

THAT'S RACING!!!!

JD

sorry to her that JD..you have plenty of time to get it ready for BG..i will never try to run one pump again..if it doesn't need the extra fuel it will send it back to the tank:)..i think most people are spraying more alcohol than i am so that might be why the single pump is ok..who knows?.....good luck..Bob

Randy, why don't you tell everyone the MPH you ran in BG a few weeks ago and scare everyone off;);)

See ya, Kip

...I don't think anyone is going to scare off Bob..... I think we should concentrate on getting more people to bring there cars out as three or four cars does not make a class. Hopefully we can get the same turnout in BG as we did in '08, and if someone does go 140+ before then, try to keep it to yourself in the name of a big turnout :biggrin:

I know I'll have to step it up as I am sure Bob with his 12 mos. racing season will be working hard this winter.....

Any TAI guys going to try the radial class in March??

...I don't think anyone is going to scare off Bob..... I think we should concentrate on getting more people to bring there cars out as three or four cars does not make a class. Hopefully we can get the same turnout in BG as we did in '08, and if someone does go 140+ before then, try to keep it to yourself in the name of a big turnout :biggrin:

I know I'll have to step it up as I am sure Bob with his 12 mos. racing season will be working hard this winter.....

Kip is just stirring the pot a little. My timeslip showed 500 plus. I forget the exact number. In reality my car is well short of 140, but I'll be in BG.
Now JD has hurt number 1 also. It must be a fuel supply problem. It just surprises me how many alky cars are hurting cylinders 1 or 3.

Number 1 is on the end of the fuel rail.. 3 is second to it. :eek:

I think the class is fine.. Reynolds has always been a low turnout event, maybe under the new management, next year will no doubt be greater. It was good to see TSM and TSO get a payout. Just a few years ago it was nilch. TAI will get there.

Even if somebody posts they ran 150 on pump gas doesnt mean they will 1) show, 2) race, 3) make it round after round.. as you all know how finicky these motors can be. If anyone can run 150 on a 109 with pump gas.. post it up as it moves others to try harder. There's no ace in the hole..

Bob has gone very very fast on stock junk.. i'm glad to see him do it. Those factory parts where never designed to go that fast. :eek:

I think it may be coincedence that JD and Bob hurt the same one's. I have a single XP and my inj. dc is in the low 50's. Mind you that's with my "summer" tune. 20#'s and low timing. 10.60's @ 130 last August.

The issue that kept me out of TAI in BG was my timing was far too retarded. Like 12* or so, kept the cylinder temps too hot thus burning plugs. It's all good now. Got a TnT on the 5th of next month. Going "pour the coals" to it! I'll find out how fast I can go on a single pump.

I think it may be coincedence that JD and Bob hurt the same one's. I have a single XP and my inj. dc is in the low 50's. Mind you that's with my "summer" tune. 20#'s and low timing. 10.60's @ 130 last August.

The issue that kept me out of TAI in BG was my timing was far too retarded. Like 12* or so, kept the cylinder temps too hot thus burning plugs. It's all good now. Got a TnT on the 5th of next month. Going "pour the coals" to it! I'll find out how fast I can go on a single pump.

They aren't the only 2.

Turbo6

what size injectors are you running? the problem i had was the fuel pressure..i was getting like 55psi at wot and i needed 70psi for 30lbs of boost. ...Bob

83's and two nozzles.

Believe me, I'd love to have a DP, I even bought one. USPS lost it! Never got it. I keep telling myself it'll show up one day.

Low fp even with the double pumper you put in?

damon , as colin said JD and bob isnt the only ones , my stock bottom end split #3 piston a few weeks a go , was on dual 340s at about 50% duty (83s) only 24psi dual nozzle (m10+ m15)

no signs of detonation or melting on any of the pistons

83's and two nozzles.

Believe me, I'd love to have a DP, I even bought one. USPS lost it! Never got it. I keep telling myself it'll show up one day.

Low fp even with the double pumper you put in?

no the fp is great now..i got it coming on at 5psi:) do like me i made my own..if you need some tips for making your own shoot me a pm..the hardest thing about it was tracking everything i needed down....Bob

John, it's going to take me 12 mos to catch up with you:D...i hope you don't step it up.. if you do i am going to stamp 109 in my 6.0l block;) so i can try to keep up..the crap talking has already started:p..........Bob