You can type here any text you want

Talk about traction loss...even with M&H tires!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
Here are pictures of the skid marks left by my GN after a 5 pounds of boost take-off. This was done yesterday with some M&H drag radials. They just couldn't handle all this power. We measured the skid marks all the way to at 170 ft. mark! :D I just can imagine how much more it would've spun with regular Good Years!!:eek: Shown in the second and third picture are the marks at 50 ft. and 150 ft. The only thing I can think of that led to that much tire spin was too much air in the tires (28psi). Another reason might have been too much power!!:biggrin: :biggrin:

Claude. ;)

Cool pic, but skid marks come from brakes, those are BURNOUT marks.. quite nice ones too.

I hope the M&H's are not as bad for traction as they appear here. My MT's hook nice on the street at 28 lbs. I've been thinking of buying the M&H DR's for the GTA's for the 28" tall option:confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

Did you heat them before the launch? cold drag radials don't hook either!

That's a pretty rough surface, not as much to grab on to for traction. Looks great though.

I hope the M&H's are not as bad for traction as they appear here. My MT's hook nice on the street at 28 lbs. I've been thinking of buying the M&H DR's for the GTA's for the 28" tall option:confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:
Like I said in my previous post, there was no burnout, and the asphalt on that particular road was rough, less than ideal traction wise, as it's often used by construction trucks carrying sand and gravel...:rolleyes: It's quite possible that M&H's, M/T's, Hoosiers, BFG's, Nitto's would've done the same, given the poor traction conditions...

BUT IT WAS FUN ANYWAYS!...:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Claude. :biggrin:

Yeah! A great burn out is always fun. I wish I couls have seen it in person!:cool:

hoosier drag radial / 5lb launch off the trans brake/ no burn out/ dead hook like crazy.

that is a wicked set of tire puddin though !!!

Sounds like you have let the secret out !!!

Great "Eastern Canadian" air makes the GN produce excess HP vs. regular air.

Can you send some out west...my 5lb lauch's with BFG's only get about 50ft of "skid marks"

Look at..

what they call a road. More wrinkles/cracks in that surface, than on Phyllis Diller's kisser!:eek:
What would 1 expect?? Put too much air in a 14/32 slick, and take it to a road like that, and expect a wheels up leave???:rolleyes:

That's a pretty rough surface, not as much to grab on to for traction. Looks great though.

I was thinking the same thing. I never have heard of any car with slicks actually getting any traction on asphalt.

Don't think I would have wasted any precious rubber doing a burnout on that road! Enough loose gravel on it, how do your 1/4 panels look??:eek:

Don't think I would have wasted any precious rubber doing a burnout on that road! Enough loose gravel on it, how do your 1/4 panels look??:eek:

Mark, it was definitely not a burnout (like it's done at the track prior to making a run...)...I just floored it from a standing start with 5 pounds of boost like I. said in my initial postI did this with my son and one of his friends in the car...who were all smiles and obviously enjoyed it! :biggrin:
As for my quarter panels, they have only very very slight abrasion but the paint is 21 years old...

Claude :wink:

hoosier drag radial / 5lb launch off the trans brake/ no burn out/ dead hook like crazy.

that is a wicked set of tire puddin though !!!

I AGREE I HAVEN'T EVEN HEATED MINE YEAT ONCE THE CAR IS JUST FLAT OUT GONE .

Back