You can type here any text you want

Target AFR SD2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
I have been playing with my SD2 for a couple days on the street and have been tuning without the AFR correction.
Can someone run me through the procedure to do this correctly?
Is there an option for open/closed loop?
Shouldnt I adjust FP to the amount of boost im gonna be running?
any help is appreciated

post your settings or the cal file. what are the top 4 blm parameters set to?

Bob

Ummm, OK, first question, what are cells 2,3&4 set too?

I now switched the numbers to 128-105-105-105

edit:
I think I am figuring it out know.
I should change cell:
2 to 13.5
3 to 16.0
4 to 10.5

How does my base FP correlate with this target AFR at wot?

Last edited:
Actually, you want to change 2, 3, and 4 to

097, 097, 097

That way you will have closed loop wideband control in all three load ranges, and it will track the Target Air Fuel table in the tune page.

Ok. I changed it to 097-097-097
Do I now have full control over the 3 parameters of idle,cruise,and WOT?
How do I set each one?

The system will now attempt to track the AFR table that is in the tune page. And as you drive and log, you will be able to tune to get the AfC (air fuel correction) to track as close to zero correction as possible. Don't try and shoot for a perfect zero correction all the time. Different things will effect it, but if you can keep it under 5% you'll be doing very good.

You can use cell 1 to correct the idle value correction
You can use cell 5 to correct for Low MAP correction (MAP values 40 and lower)18"vac and lower)
You can use cell 6 to correct for Mid MAP correction (MAP values arouind 100)0psi
You can use cell 7 to correct for Mid/High MAP correction (MAP values around 160)8psi
You can use cell 8 to correct for High MAP correction (MAP values 220 and higher)17psi and higher

You can find all this info on page 11 of the user manual.

Whenever I'm out and driving around I'll record a log, and when I get back home and review that log, I watch my AfC value for various loads/rpm, etc, and can set the values in cell 5 through 8 accordingly.

Later when you really get good at tuning you will be able to go into the VE table and tune individual cells or groups of cells for even fine tuning within each of these regions.

When you're used to using it you'll be amazed at the tuning power at your fingertips.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot dave.
I just took the car for a couple pulls. I started out to see where 3rd was at boost wise. I am at 19psi AFR target was 10.5 and the AFC was -8.

I tried first gear and had boost spike to 23psi and stayed there until I let out in 2nd. Can I adjust the 1/2 boost solenoid down to accomplish a lower boost level? Im at 84.7 in 1/2 and 80 in 3rd.

Assuming you're using the stock type solenoid to control the wastegate, then yes. Try knocking your 1/2 level down to 80, and see how far down that takes it.

we need more info on the boost solenoid and wastegate stuff,

Bob

Stock solenoid and HD WG. I barley have the puck shut.
I put the number to 75 and boost came up to 18.5psi.
I think shes all smoothed out boost wise. If I raise boost pressure with the WG rod now, then the boost will raise proportionally in 1,2,3 right?

OK, but why would you want to mess with the rod? You have boost control in the powerlogger, just get the values set where you're comfortable.

I have three different values in mine, one value for the 1/2 gears, a bit lower value for 3rd gear because I pull my boost back slightly in 3rd to suppress knock, and of course a lower value in 4th(which I never run WOT anyway)

My values of 58.5 yields 20# in my 1/2, and 47.5 yields about 18# in 3rd. But keep in mind every car is different which explains why you get 18.5# with a value of 75, while I get 20# with a value of only 58.5

It's all a matter of tweaking.

I see what your saying.... I think I will try it since my numbers look clean. So 80 and 85 to creep back up to 23psi.

Question: When you use the stock solenoid with SD to control boost do you still use the plastic "Y" like the stock set up??

Back