Tax Time is Here

How do you do you taxes?

• Total voters

jpratt

Well it is that time of year again, tax time. For the past few years I have done my taxes with turbo tax or similar tax programs. My sister pays a pro to do hers and swears that the tax pro saves/makes her a ton of money. In the past I paid H&R Block to do my taxes till I was computer literate and started doing my own.

This year I was toying with the idea of using a tax pro and see what happens. How do you do your taxes?

I used to do it on my computer but these days with running my own business it's a bit much for me, so I go to a professional.

The local HR Block does all our payroll and stuff though.

I have a tax pro do mine now. I own 2 homes and use one of them as rental property....most of that stuff is over my head now with taxes, depreciation, blah, blah. I don't want to risk screwing it up and have the IRS knocking on my door. Well worth it IMO.

Back when life was simpler for me I did my own through Turbotax.;)

I'm just happy if I owe less than 5 figures :( And I've already paid over 5 figures in on quarterly estimated taxes :( :(

Maybe I need a new accountant :) one more... imaginative.

Turbo tax all the way. Its simple and walks u thru it step by step. Forget the professional unless you have complicated items such as multible properties, extensive write offs ur not sure about or you own ur own business.

I have a family friend who is a CPA:D

I used to use H&R but had a bad experience with them the first time I had a 1099. The employee there was sooooo clueless. Went to my CPA right after that and he found many errors the H&R guy made. SAVED ME A LOT OF $$$$$$.

I've done my taxes online for the last three years and am pretty satisfied. My taxes are pretty simple though

I've used H&R online for the last couple of years... it's easy to use, I can file electronically, and I usually get my refund in a short amount of time. Plus, if you're ever audited, they will back you up!

Oh... it does support 1099s, too!

I've been using taxslayer.com for the last 7 or 8 years. It had worked well for me but my returns have been fairly easy. Mom used to work for my state's tax agency and always said the H&R block had the highest percentage of audits per return.

David
87gn

I claim as many Dependants as i can get away with and bury it all< i'll never give the gov an intrest free loan on my money.

last year I owed 38 cents and wrote a check and cost me more to mail it. and id be dammed if the irs didnt cash it, then 2 months later i get later saying i forgot to sign some damn form and if i didnt blah blah..so i printed it out and mailed away...signed

Turbotax...guess cause i like the sound of it