You can type here any text you want

Tc

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trading t/a

I'm Angry!!!!!
anyone have a used converter lying around they wanna part with somewhere in NJ. I need a used converter(d5) I think mine is out of round very bad vibration coming from it when i rev it . feels like an unbalanced driveshaft but it still happens when the driveshaft isn't turning.

If you really want a used D5, maybe give a place like Cottons or Ron's Custom Auto a call? I know Jack Cotton has a pile of them laying around from all the upgrades he's done...

Just trying to find out if it is the TC, I would like to change it anyway this one either isn't a Lock up or the od is toasted. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Trading t/a....Are you looking to borrow a converter to see if thats actually the problem????If so I have an extra I could let you use...I have an aftemarket 2800L/U sitting here waiting to go in..I didnt have any plans on doing this too soon,,so if you want ILL lend it too you..Oh yeah...Im in middletown,N.J. 114 of the GSP....If you want e-mail me with your Your Tel#..and ILL contact you.....Shawn..;) :p

If you just want to find out if the torque converter is the problem why don't you just take the three bolts out of the converter / flex plate joint , pry the converter back away from the flex plate and run the engine ???? Seems a whole lot easier to me. But then -- what do I know ?

Back