Tci constant pressure valve body

nitromaniac

Is anyone using the tci constant pressure valve body and what do you think of them. I am having some screwy problems with my 2004r after having a shift kit put in. My local trans guy who is very good installed a trans go kit and now it won't down shift into 1st unless you pop it into neutral or pull it into man lo. Also if you drive it in 3rd it won't upshift into 3rd untill 55 and if you slow down to 45 it will boot back into 2nd. I don't know what to do with it kinda at a loss. I am a auto tech of 23 years but I am no tranny guy at least not with 2004r.:confused:

did yoy put the kit in with the constant pressure valvebody.im under the assumption the constant pressure valvebody has a shiftkit built into it i know the T700 version does that ive been looking at

tci/constant pressure v/body

hi,guy's.

new to forum,but have done plenty of 700r4 Tran's.
we fitted a tci constant pressure v/body in a 350sbc /700r4.
about 410 hp.
a year ago have not had any issues with the v/body or trans ,i had alook at the v/body to compare with a std shift kitted type and from what i noticed
the tv spring was allot stiffer and longer than the std one.
which i would say was the biggest improvement in the tci v/body .the advertised tv reading was what was advertised,in the fitting instructions
apart from that it works and we had no issues.
cheers fatts.

Transgo does not have a good reputation around here. They make ok kits for fixing daily drivers but they are not up to par on the 200-4r. Ask your trans man if he put in the regular shift correction kit or if he used the HD2 performance shift kit. Then ask him if he kept the springs or any other parts removed and ask if he can back it back out for you and install a different brand of shift kit, such as an art carr kit or one by the vendors here (ck performance, pts, etc.) If he tossed the stock stuff it is not the end of the world. Most kits hit the same areas, just with different calibrations. I have the instructions for both transgo kits and I can look up what was likely done to it. Also ask if he pulled the servo and modded it or if it is stock. If you are lucky your trans man will help you out, since he is probably the one who recommended the transgo stuff. I have no experience with the tci valve body, but I do know that they are expensive, and a different brand of shift kit will probably make you happy.

hope this helps.

bob

Ok so I forgot to ask the most basic question. What is this trans in? Is this a factory performance calibration, as in a turbo buick, monte SS, hurst olds/442, tta, or GP 2+2? Or is it a regular passenger car trans retrofitted into something else? If all else fails give us the code off of the tag on the side of the trans back by the tailshaft. If the paint is worn off give us the stamped code on the tag. Should read something like BR F, KC F, O G, etc. If this is a low performance calibration it may be a tough hill to climb depending on what calibration it is. If that is the case then maybe the TCI body is worth a shot. Also if this is a retrofit then we need to know the details about the TV cable, such as what it is hooked to on the engine and if the carb linkage geometry is correct.

You got one good thing going for you though. You came to the right place for 200-4R advice. :smile: We will get you straightened out and hooked up with what you need.

Where are you located? there may be a better trans guy for hte 200 4r in your area.
The trango kit is no good for the GN trans and wil never work correctly.

The trans is in a monte ss 383 small block 430 hp dynoed 430 torq the tv cable is hooked to a tci geometry corrector on a holley and tci bracket. I really want to upgrade to a better tranny but it is just not in the buget this year. it also has a 2400-2600 stall. thanks for the input

Sorry the kit is a 2004r hd I don't think he upgraded the servo but I know he put a 13 vane pump in it ???

Lots of TransGo haters here...

I can say with certainty that the TransGo HD-2 kit will put a 200-4R in the 10's without issue hydraulically.
The accumulator calibration, the 3rd accumulator circuit mods, the PR mods, and the TV mods are all workable.

I don't use the HD-2 kit because I can do the mods without it, but many of mods used on EVERY 200-4R VB kit on the market accomplish the same effect.

I've used or studied them all and have a good enough understanding of the hydraulics to determine the differences.

I wouldn't use their 2-3 shift valve spring on a GN VB because the timing is there, but in some of the low-perf VB's it will allow the governor mods to get the 1-2 AND 2-3 shifts on line at 5500+.

I have a feeling that many of the TransGo "haters" haven't ever used it.

I have a feeling that many of the TransGo "haters" haven't ever used it.
I have and did not like the results at all on a BRF, but this was following their directions. If your modifying the kit to your likings that is a bit different.
Ill admit i have not tried it on any other style 200 4Rs because what i found works great.
I do like their kit on the 4l60E though and find it works great.

First off I would like to thank you guys for the input. Tomorrow I am going to drop the car off at the trans shop, I had a long talk today about my issues with him and told him about the info I had gathered from you guys. I am going to get him on the web tomarrow and show him this forum and see if he can't work through this. He is very good, I have been using him for 15+ years and like he said I have done hundreds of these 200 4rs but not many in the last 10 years. If you have any more input before I drop it off I would really appreciate the help.
Thanks again Mike