Ted's XFI Experience

Hey Ted,

I have a question for you. What does it matter if it was a bad flash or defective ECU? Who is at blame here? FAST admitted it was their productive that was defective. Why not try and get legal restitution based on that? Just curious.

Hey Ted,

I have a question for you. What does it matter if it was a bad flash or defective ECU? Who is at blame here? FAST admitted it was their productive that was defective. Why not try and get legal restitution based on that? Just curious.

Because you don't chase bad money with good money. I don't have a cheap attorney or a friend in the business.

I'm finding the fact that Cals laptop wasn't used and he didn't send Otto the FLASH loaded in my car more interesting. Why I just find this out a year later. :confused:

you really have to remove the oil cooler to fit the shorty in there? I thought the shorty was the same length or less than a PF-24, which I thought fit ok with the Biggie adapter. But haven't tried it, so I dunno.

I didn't know the System1 filter element could get too clogged up to be cleaned and reused.

John

Here's a couple of pics of a System 1 that screws right onto the block (with oil cooler adapter removed.) It's approximately 4" high by 4" wide.

Attachments

• Filter 1.jpg
    Filter 1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 84
  • filter 2.jpg
    filter 2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 83
I saw this display in napa about 4 years ago about there napa(wix) filters.it has a wix and fram filter cut open so u can see the guts!Me being a fram lover I didn't believe what i saw so i went home and cut both brands that were sitting on my shelf.Anyone cut open a FRAM lately?the filter media in there regular line of filters is held together with cardboard and glue:eek: the same filter in a regular wix has twice as much filter media and has metal end caps.what happens to cardboard when it sits in oil???i know this was a race filter but if they cut corners in there regular filters i'm sure they didn't put the extra money into the racing line!I wouldn't put that garbage on my worst enemy's car,well maybe;) just my $.02