Television Guru's step in for me QUICK!

JOHNDEEREGN

Staff member
Thanks in advance-

Please read the specs and tell me if this is a good deal. I need to act today-
I do not need perfection just a nice clean picture at a decent price.

Ty

Sharp 52" Diag Widescreen Full High-Definition 1080p LCD TV - QVC.com

A gift the whole family can enjoy. Make the jump to high-def or upgrade your current set with the lowest priced 52" diagonal full-HD LCD TV we've ever offered--complete with a total of two years parts and labor protection on your investment.

Bring the big screen home. The 52" diagonal Advanced Super View Black TFT LCD display transforms your living room into a true home theater with 1080p, 1920x1080 resolution. With the integrated HD tuner, you'll be able to receive both standard digital and over-the-air high-definition broadcasts without any external box.

Picture perfect. A 10,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio and 450cd/m2 brightness deliver eye-popping images in any light--so brilliant and defined you'll swear you can smell the grass on the field during the football game or feel the heat of the fire in the newest action movie. Optical picture control also works to detect the surrounding conditions and adjusts the brightness accordingly.

Easy integration. While the screen size may be massive, the Slim-line design maintains a low profile on your wall or on the included table stand. Six HD-capable connections--four HDMI inputs and two component video inputs--ensure your DVD player, speakers, and gaming system deliver premium picture, audio, and response.

Protection and peace of mind. Sharp backs your new television for two years after your purchase with an extended Limited Manufacturer's Warranty. To activate the second year of coverage, just follow the included instructions to register your television over the phone or online, and you'll receive a warranty certificate in the mail. From Sharp.

With a TV that has a built-in high-definition tuner, HDTV may be received from broadcasting companies that transmit high-definition signals, or may require a subscription to a digital cable or satellite service to receive HDTV programming, where available. Contact your local cable or satellite provider for details and costs if you are interested in high-definition TV from your service provider.
Includes TV, table stand, and remote control with batteries
52" diagonal Advanced Super View Black TFT LCD display
Integrated HD tuner
Full HD 1080p 1920x1080 resolution
10,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
2000:1 native contrast ratio
450 cd/m2 brightness
6ms response time
16:9 aspect ratio
176-degree horizontal/vertical viewing angles
60,000-hour lamp life
Optical picture control
Built-in ATSC/QAM/NTSC tuners
Two 10W speakers
Four HDMI inputs
Two YPbPr component inputs
Two RCA composite video inputs
S-video 4-pin DIN input
PC input
Three L/R audio inputs
Digital optical audio output
Approximate measurements: With stand 49-5/16" x 33-3/4" x 13-1/2", weighs 62.8 lbs; Without stand 49-5/16" x 31-3/4" x 3-3/4", weighs 55.1 lbs
UL listed; 1-year parts and labor Limited Manufacturer's Warranty, 2-year parts and labor Limited Manufacturer's Warranty after registration of television
Made in Mexico

I would not be this type of TV online. Reason being, if the TV arrives with a pixel issue, where are you going to take it to get it fixed? Will they send someone out to fix it or replace it?

Dannyo

My .02

1080p resolution is the standard these days for HDTV.
I like my rear projection LCD. The resolution is great.
Beware that if you have a standard cable signal, then all you are doing is putting a crappy signal into a really good TV.
Once you get the really good screen, then you will want the surround sound to go with it...
Test a similar TV in the same conditions as the room you will have yours in. That way you can see how the screen looks in the lighting conditions. Also look for how the screen reflects background lights. Some screens reflect more than others.

I would compare the price with crutchfield. Crutchfield: LCD TV, Car Audio, Home Theater, Speakers, Plasma TV Their prices are competitive, and their service and support is legendary.

1080p resolution is the standard these days for HDTV.

Does your high def cable broadcast in standard 1080i or 1080p? I dont think anywhere its standard 1080p.

I cant agree more with everything you said, you hit the nail on the head with how the screen reflects to other lights in the room ( satin finish or gloss) These are certain things nobody would think of till someone turns on the light when its dark out. Now your staring at a light bulb reflecting off your tv.

I do believe the 10,000:1 is how quickly the image is uploaded to the tv, so if your a gamer, you will really notice the delay in the not so sharp viewing on your new tv.

I did alot of reasearch on 46 and 32 bravia sony tvs, walmart, and went to epinion.com to see what everyone wanted to say about each tv. THEY ALL SUCK. Save your money till the old one blows a tube and take a vacation:mad:

Having a big screen is nice, but these new ones are made like underewear.

My 65" ****usbishi is 8+ years old, its no high def, but wont break in a year or two.

BW

Thanks Guys! They gave me a 100% Gurantee on everything (even shipping and handling) in an email so I took the plunge......

We will see what happens... I have wasted a LOT more on a LOT less on the cars LOL:p

Does your high def cable broadcast in standard 1080i or 1080p? I dont think anywhere its standard 1080p.

I cant agree more with everything you said, you hit the nail on the head with how the screen reflects to other lights in the room ( satin finish or gloss) These are certain things nobody would think of till someone turns on the light when its dark out. Now your staring at a light bulb reflecting off your tv.

I do believe the 10,000:1 is how quickly the image is uploaded to the tv, so if your a gamer, you will really notice the delay in the not so sharp viewing on your new tv.

I did alot of reasearch on 46 and 32 bravia sony tvs, walmart, and went to epinion.com to see what everyone wanted to say about each tv. THEY ALL SUCK. Save your money till the old one blows a tube and take a vacation:mad:

Having a big screen is nice, but these new ones are made like underewear.

My 65" ****usbishi is 8+ years old, its no high def, but wont break in a year or two.

BW

You are thinking of the refresh rate. This TV is 60hz. Higher end LCD's are 120hz.
With a 60hz TV, sports or any other program with fast motion, the picture may get blurry sometimes. 120hz TV's are making what used to be LCD's weak spot a little better. LAst year when the 120 hz TV's started coming out, the technology wasn't the greatest. It's seems like most brands have greatly improved on it. I like the LG's and Samsungs right now.