You can type here any text you want

Tell me about 6x9s

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Waco84GN

Member Boost-aholics anon
Are there any 6x9 speakers, preferably 3 way, that will fit the rear deck w/o having to modify the torsion bars? I know I need the adaptor plates and all but I dont want to go through rigging up the shocks like Wizard did although he did a great job. There has got to be a speaker that will provide good sound w/o having to hack the car all to pieces.

Im pretty sure that not everyone who has done a upgraded stereo for these regals has the NASA quality control certified trunk shocks that Wizard has so give me some names of brands that fit decent and sound decent.

Jerry Berger

Jerry,

I'll start things for you.... I have a set of Polk dx9 which are three way 6X9 speaks which sound very good. I bought mine at Circuit City- Crutchfield has a really good selection too. They fit snugly under the torsion bars with no modification. I think these (Polk dx9) were recently discontinued so not sure if the replacement ones fit? The adapter retainers however are a joke and I used some wire to make mine fit more securely. Hope this helps- I'm sure many more 6X9s will fit without removal of torsion bars. Maybe others will chime in.

i am also using polk 6X9 with the 4x10 to 6x9 adapter it fits under the bar with no problem

I used a pair of cerwin vega stealth series 6x9's for a temporary fix before i put my system in. My friends and I couldn't believe the bass that came out of them. They hit like a small sub. Seriously... But, I am afraid hitting like a small sub isn't quite like the banging-ness of my kappa perfect 12 with 400 watts rms :D
Take it easy,
Taylor

Back