You can type here any text you want

test n tune schedule at Tucson SIR?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbotroy

Hey all, does anyone know sir's test n tune schedule? Their website doesn't list it and now that I have the car sorted out thanks to Nick's dyno day last Friday, I wanna play. Also, what safety equipment is required for test n tune? I haven't been on a dragstrip since 1978, I'm sure things have changed. Thanks and looking forward to seeing ya out there!

turbotroy said:
Hey all, does anyone know sir's test n tune schedule? Their website doesn't list it and now that I have the car sorted out thanks to Nick's dyno day last Friday, I wanna play. Also, what safety equipment is required for test n tune? I haven't been on a dragstrip since 1978, I'm sure things have changed. Thanks and looking forward to seeing ya out there!

Troy, on Dec 15 @ 800am (gates open) will be a test and tune

Cool deal, I'll mark the date. Do I need any equipment ie:what helmet or whatall for t n t?

turbotroy said:
Cool deal, I'll mark the date. Do I need any equipment ie:what helmet or whatall for t n t?

Troy,

I am not sure. I would take everything to be safe. I may show up to see ya run!

I don't have any safety equipment, except ds loop, is why I'm asking. I'll call sir tomorrow and ask, as I would hate to get there and not be able to play. Thanks for the reply and hope to meet ya out there! Cheers

turbotroy said:
I don't have any safety equipment, except ds loop, is why I'm asking. I'll call sir tomorrow and ask, as I would hate to get there and not be able to play. Thanks for the reply and hope to meet ya out there! Cheers

How fast do you plan to run? I think you have to have a cage after 11.5 sec. But you will need to have an helmet.

I really don't know what she will run, just got it sorted out with a "safe tune "or so I wouldn't hurt anything, I hope! Will go helmet shopping this week, and hope I need a cage ;-)

turbotroy said:
I really don't know what she will run, just got it sorted out with a "safe tune "or so I wouldn't hurt anything, I hope! Will go helmet shopping this week, and hope I need a cage ;-)

What was your Dino tune at?

At Az dyno chip in chandler. Nick Micale set it up and Nick, Dennis, and Brent were tuning. My chip has me running rich and turbo was breaking up @ 5#'s, so 238hp @5#'s was recorded. By the time we figured out what was up, car was disconnected from dyno but was building 20#'s @ 6100 rpm. Don't know what that will translate to on the strip, but will find out soon.

Running 20#.....ul prob b making more power to run quick enough to need a helmet..
I havent been out there in a few months but ill try to attend.....tech depends on who is teching the car....when i take my gn they usually juat make sure the battery is held down, make sure it wont start in gear and i tell them the turbi is stock....flies right through....pm me and ill send my cell #....more then likely ill be in my yellow big block skylark....cant miss it.

Buickbert.....robert

Looks like I won't be at sir for test n tune sat the 8th, taking the car up to Nick Micale's and getting the tranny sorted out. Maybe next week!;)

Back