Thanks Craig Smith

Craig

Please call me! i have left you 2-3 messages for you to call me and i have not recieve a return phone call..

Some updates for those of you reading...

First off, Patrick, the second round of work on your ECU will be completed this evening. Like you, there are a few people that have ECUs with me and have been waiting for a very long time to get them back. I've been able to handle most of these this weekend. Yours is going back together right now.

Something I noticed before I pulled yours back apart is why I was unable to get your ESC retard function working correctly. I am sure Scott Klepinger will appreciate this as well. I was correct in that the N2O enable input on pin L2 is the input to use on SEFI Buick ECUs with revision E code. However, to activate that input, what I am seeing on the simulator here is that I am applying 12 volts rather than ground to that input to get it to work. The TPS level also has to be higher than the "Max TPS for Idle" setting in C-Com. However, I was watching it work. Since the ESC module output goes to ground when it activates, the signal would have to be inverted to get it to do what I am seeing. It doesn't make sense to me that this code revision would be such that these modifications would or should be necessary, but that's what I found to be the case.

As a special note to Patrick, I am truly sorry for the issues you have experienced with this whole process, and more specifically with the turnaround time in getting these issues resolved. As previously discussed, converting your system back to its original state will be done for you at no charge and I expect that the unit will ship out tomorrow or Tuesday.

For other classic FAST owners, after these ECUs I have here are completed, I will no longer be able to offer repair or SEFI upgrade services for these systems. Not only is my parts inventory rather thin, my spare time is completely consumed by other professional obligations. I appreciate the opportunities I've had to assist several of you. However, as I move forward, I just can't even let the opportunity for a situation like the one I've let develop with Patrick happen again. I'm sure if you asked him, he'd tell you this has been awful. Sadly, I would have to agree with him, and I feel awful that I have not been able to take care of this for him as it deserved to be taken care of. When the best I can do is this bad, it's definitely time for me to move on.

If you have any other questions for me, email works best. My email address is in my user profile.

Thanks,

Craig

Some updates for those of you reading...

First off, Patrick, the second round of work on your ECU will be completed this evening. Like you, there are a few people that have ECUs with me and have been waiting for a very long time to get them back. I've been able to handle most of these this weekend. Yours is going back together right now.

Something I noticed before I pulled yours back apart is why I was unable to get your ESC retard function working correctly. I am sure Scott Klepinger will appreciate this as well. I was correct in that the N2O enable input on pin L2 is the input to use on SEFI Buick ECUs with revision E code. However, to activate that input, what I am seeing on the simulator here is that I am applying 12 volts rather than ground to that input to get it to work. The TPS level also has to be higher than the "Max TPS for Idle" setting in C-Com. However, I was watching it work. Since the ESC module output goes to ground when it activates, the signal would have to be inverted to get it to do what I am seeing. It doesn't make sense to me that this code revision would be such that these modifications would or should be necessary, but that's what I found to be the case.

As a special note to Patrick, I am truly sorry for the issues you have experienced with this whole process, and more specifically with the turnaround time in getting these issues resolved. As previously discussed, converting your system back to its original state will be done for you at no charge and I expect that the unit will ship out tomorrow or Tuesday.

For other classic FAST owners, after these ECUs I have here are completed, I will no longer be able to offer repair or SEFI upgrade services for these systems. Not only is my parts inventory rather thin, my spare time is completely consumed by other professional obligations. I appreciate the opportunities I've had to assist several of you. However, as I move forward, I just can't even let the opportunity for a situation like the one I've let develop with Patrick happen again. I'm sure if you asked him, he'd tell you this has been awful. Sadly, I would have to agree with him, and I feel awful that I have not been able to take care of this for him as it deserved to be taken care of. When the best I can do is this bad, it's definitely time for me to move on.

If you have any other questions for me, email works best. My email address is in my user profile.

Thanks,

Craig

It seems to me that your making me out to the bad guy here since i have been tring to get in touch you over repairing and returning my ECU. This has been going on since the early part of july. I do understand that you have a life outside of work and repairing a fast systems. but if someone calls and leaves a message please call them back and let them know whats going on. I consider no news bad news.

since i never got a working ecm after the conversion was done. I have noted in this thread all the problems that occured with my fast box. The car never ran right. The thing would spit back and do all sorts of tricks. After investgating it i never could get the ECM to show me a cam sensor sync. The is the problem with it. I did check all my wiring as you requested for me to do. i even cut up my harness to repin out the knock retard and the n20 pinand it still was the same still had no cam sync. So i really appreciate you not charging me for putting the box back to it's orignal state that it was in when i sent it to you. did you ever get it to see a cam sync before you took it apart? this was the chief problem i had with the SEFI conversion. (for those that are reading i even installed a stock ecm in the car and it ran ok and has a great cam sensor signal so i know it was not in the car's wiring or in the Fast/speedpro harness as i got a pin out from casper electronics and verfied that the cam sensor signal wire was connected in the correct place ont he header connector as noted in above posts).

So i really appreciate you not charging me to convert it back to the working state that it was in when you got it in the first place......

Also about the knock retard info i was not aware of the knock retard issues untill i talked with scott on the phone about my ecm acting up and he told me that ever since you changed the his from a B2B to a sefi unit that the knock retard function no longer worked.

But if i call and leave a message asking for a call back it would be very polite for you to call me back or when i reply here in this thread asking you to call me and you have not. This issues has been going one for quite sometime and i do agree that if you can't seem to resolve your issues no better than that you do need to quit rendering your services that people pay for.

if you have any questions about anything regarding this post you have my phone # as i called and left two messages for you today(sunday and also on sat) that you didn't respond to.

This is regarding FAST box # 3504

Thanks

Pat Broughton

The way I read it Craig took all the blame and apologized.
It didnt appear he laid any of it on you:confused:

Ok... So I'll need to get a relay to convert the natural signal from the Knock sensor (ground) and have the relay convert it to a +12v to input wire (L2)
Is that correct?
I did get your message but knew you'd been super buizy so I figured when you had time you could post here. (thanks for the info!)

Totally understand personal obligations to work and family. I'm in that position ALOT trying to prioritize between those two and "Projects" at the shop. I'd like to be able to spend all my time on projects that are fun but normally they don't pay the bills and daily work does. Spending time with my two boys is important as well since right now I'm "cool" and before long when they become teens I'll be dumb and a jerk Lol.
Thank you for the information!

Pat ... very nice talking to you on the phone... I wanted to head out that way to the event but with all the crazyness going on with people loosing their jobs and other stuff I better act like a squirl and put all my nuts in the tree for the winter and hunker down. I think it's going to be a cold one for awhile... Hope for the best!!!!
I'll get out that way next year and meet up with you guys.. Sure sounds like a great time!
~Scott

Your ECU will ship out tomorrow.

Sorry that I frequently can't take calls at home. In order to do so, I have to stop what I am doing and go outside to take the call. For many reasons, that isn't always something I can do.

I don't consider you to be the bad guy here at all. Nothing I have said was intended to be anything other than the honest truth. I'm sorry that you had the misfortune to be my only dissatisfied customer. I don't know why this conversion didn't work out in this instance and I don't blame you for being upset with me.

Take care, and best of luck to you.

Craig

Thank you for your time and efforts helping me and others with our Buick Habits!!!!

I feel like I'm piling on, but just wanted to thank Craig for the work he did comverting my B2B Fel-Pro to SFI. Nice job. Thanks.

I feel like I'm piling on, but just wanted to thank Craig for the work he did comverting my B2B Fel-Pro to SFI. Nice job. Thanks.

Glad you had a good experiance thru your conversion as mine went to hell in a handbasket.

i still payed for a conversion that would never work!

I'm sure everybody here is gonna pile on this thread saying there happy with their conversion or whatever he done for them.

It's done and over with i'm out 300 dollars for a service that didn't work correctly.

I didn't get no phone call from him sunday stating that he was sending it out or was working on it what he found etc. I even tried calling him that sat and sun and left voice messages for him and i never recieve a phone call.

i just know that i'll never have any more work performed by him.

Patrick,

I guess it must be nice to have never had a problem before. Judging by the fact that you've now resorted to trashing me about a service I no longer provide, you obviously have a 100% perfect record on everything you've ever done. Congratulations!

I still have no idea why this didn't work out for you. I did my very best to try and resolve it for you, I publicly apologized for my inability to talk on the phone with you very often (it's not just you - I have to skip calls from lots of people all the time), and I am rather disappointed that you feel a need to resolve this for yourself with a fruitless "character assassination" campaign.

I'm sorry that you weren't satisfied, and I can understand. This certainly wasn't the outcome that anyone predicted. If you feel like you need to leave some feedback somewhere about this experience, I think there are provisions for that here on this website. I hope you don't have any hard feelings on a personal level though.

I wish you the best of luck with your Buick.

Patrick,

I guess it must be nice to have never had a problem before. Judging by the fact that you've now resorted to trashing me about a service I no longer provide, you obviously have a 100% perfect record on everything you've ever done. Congratulations!

I still have no idea why this didn't work out for you. I did my very best to try and resolve it for you, I publicly apologized for my inability to talk on the phone with you very often (it's not just you - I have to skip calls from lots of people all the time), and I am rather disappointed that you feel a need to resolve this for yourself with a fruitless "character assassination" campaign.

I'm sorry that you weren't satisfied, and I can understand. This certainly wasn't the outcome that anyone predicted. If you feel like you need to leave some feedback somewhere about this experience, I think there are provisions for that here on this website. I hope you don't have any hard feelings on a personal level though.

I wish you the best of luck with your Buick.

Craig

I have had problems before in the past with other thing besides my car, house etc.. But i alway try and get back to someone when they call and leave a message or post on the board . commnication can solve things try it sometime. You can call me anytime and we can talk about this.

On a personal note i don't really think that you tried to help solve my issuses cause if you would have cared you would have called me back when you were retesting the box to find out exactly what was going wrong.

I see that your now out of repairing the FAST ecu's well that was your call in the last big post that you made. but i guess that i'm just the only single person that you have done work for that has ever had a problem due to the people repling stating well he did great work for me and etc..

What i'm really upset about is that fact that i paid for a conversion from a b2b to a sefi. i still ended up with a B2B due to it having issues with the SEFI by it not seeing a cam sensor sync. well it was in your possesion for 3 weeks after i sent it back and you done nothing to it or tested it and i called in those 3 weeks and never got nothing about what was wrong with it or anything. so what did i pay for? thats what i'm kinda pissed about 300 dollars is alot of money to me i dunno about you. i like to get what i pay for.

Then to top it off you made the comment in your post sunday night about that you reconverted it back to a B2B for no charge. thanks for that favor

Craig

I have no hard feelings here

it's all over i have said what i needed to say.