THDP Opinion Needed for TTA

Sam95RT/TT

I am about to order one. For those that have this DP, could you guys give a few feed backs. Likes and dislikes. How hard was the install?

Anyone want to sell theirs :D

Thanks
Sam S.

Hello Sam!

Some of the guys said that it was just sooooooooo easy to install it and some said you must jack up the engine.
I needed to jack up the engine on the passenger side to get it there. But after that it was just to throw it in there, maybe the bolt at the bracket located before the floor was tricky to get there.
I think you also are gonna need some kinda engine tie down since the DP can hit the frame and send some false knock info to the ECM.
And use copper paste on the bolts to the turbo.

After mounting you get a new sound from the engine and a faster car.

Originally posted by The Swede

I think you also are gonna need some kinda engine tie down since the DP can hit the frame and send some false knock info to the ECM.

This is why I am waiting until the HRPartsNStuff poly mounts came out before I bought a THDP. I've heard this issue from a good deal of people, but I don't want a cheesy looking tiedown strap under my hood.

I'm in the same boat as Sam95RT/TT-- I'm about ready to order one myself. I would have ordered one about 2 months ago but I think I'll hold out until the poly motor mounts are out.

And what's this change in sound you describe? Can you hear the turbo sing more?

Originally posted by Gokou

And what's this change in sound you describe? Can you hear the turbo sing more?

It´s kinda higher than the stock from the tail pipes.

most people say the stock dp is not a restriction untill 11's. i had a thdp for one day and could not get it to stop hitting the frame. i went with the atr 2.5 inch that fits good and with a ported elbow will be good for mid 11's.

THDP

I raped some of the spots, that I thought were going to hit with that heat rap tape. work out good for me.
Nick

Or cut about 1" off the pipe where the two 90 elbows meet. This will move the flex pipe 1 " in toward the center of the car. Mine was hitting the subframes, now it is fine.

Adding the THDP was the only mod that actually gave me a 'seat of the pants' difference. I would definetly get one.