You can type here any text you want

The New Fast and Furious stars Grand national !!!!?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
you guys,did you like the v8 sound of a stick shift car,cause i sure hated not hearing the 3.8 v6 turbo spooling up the way a real gn sound like

you guys,did you like the v8 sound of a stick shift car,cause i sure hated not hearing the 3.8 v6 turbo spooling up the way a real gn sound like
must have been a GNX- you know, the ones that got the twin turbo V8 and a 5 speed.

That ain't no grand national. It's a v8 regal painted all black. If you take a fox body, throw an SBC in it, put some aftermarket rims on it, and paint it a non ford color, is it still a mustang? If you throw vodka and apple schnappes in with a dash of vermouth, and serve it in a martini glass, is it still a martini? Nope... Not by a long shot.

Thought my GN's value was going to sky rocket! Hope it has better coverage than what I have seen so far!:rolleyes: The car in the trailer sounded like a**!!!!

Agreed!

Anybody remember the TV show CHIPS? Man they would mess up the sound BIG TIME! A dirt bike would take off and sound like big street bike and 0.01 seconds later the camera cuts to a different angle of the same dirt bike and now it sounds like a 2 stroke.

I see Smack Down has noticed the trend to try to make those shooters with the silly names now seem classy by calling them "martinis"

:cool:

thats terrible, the movies have done enough horrible things to the import market now everyone is going to want a gn with a huge wing or something

That ain't no grand national. It's a v8 regal painted all black. If you take a fox body, throw an SBC in it, put some aftermarket rims on it, and paint it a non ford color, is it still a mustang? If you throw vodka and apple schnappes in with a dash of vermouth, and serve it in a martini glass, is it still a martini? Nope... Not by a long shot.

+1 Thank You

Always the optomist....I try to look at this from the positive angle.

....at least they didn't total a perfectly good GN and Turbo V6...

My stomach literally turns whenever I see a classic muscle car get grenaded by Hollywood...sort of like FF1 when they totalled the Charger and FF2 when they totalled the Yenko and the R/T Challenger....but then I realize...or is it hope... that they usually are working with rusted out stripped down unsalvagable base model cars that they put lipstick on and make look good enough for the stunt sequence.

Yeah I wouldnt get too excited. Looks like the "GN" for a lack of better words, will only be in the beginning of the movie until it gets totaled. So we get our 15 minutes of fame sort of, or more like 5 minutes of fame. Hopefully we dont have too many more " F&F 4 movie Gn Trailer" Cause Ive seen like 5 of them already. Maybe we should make this is a sticky to avoid repeated posts?

stop_repost.jpg

man this is OLD news...

LOL I think I've seen about 10 threads about this very same thing. I like the fact that they "thought" about a GN in this movie but did you really think they were going to smash up a mint condition actual GN??? they would be idiot...I'm glad they used a regular Regal...could have subbed in the turbo v6 sound instead of a crappy V8 sound

I like how they put the GN emblem on the far right side of the trunk

Take a gn to ANY body shop for a repaint, and I'll bet you ten bucks it'll come back like that. lol. Mine came the same way lol. Morons. How hard is it to mark down on a paper where they got the emblems from. Ahh well. At any rate, I LOVE the "Or I'll shoot this dog" quote lol. (though, I never condone any violence to animals lol)

Always the optomist....I try to look at this from the positive angle.

....at least they didn't total a perfectly good GN and Turbo V6...

My stomach literally turns whenever I see a classic muscle car get grenaded by Hollywood...sort of like FF1 when they totalled the Charger and FF2 when they totalled the Yenko and the R/T Challenger....but then I realize...or is it hope... that they usually are working with rusted out stripped down unsalvagable base model cars that they put lipstick on and make look good enough for the stunt sequence.

That's what I have heard, is that the Charger was a rust bucket, and the Yenko Camaro was just a base model Camaro clone. The GN in the new movie is probably a grandma Regal dressed up like one, it probably even still has a 307 Olds engine.

They did, it was I think one of the main cars that wasn't intended for stunts. And if you remember it too was full of holes once the body was media blasted.

Back