You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
kirban 2 cents worth

breaking down gsx pvk car

Obviousily its a we4 as that code "pops" out at you. Looks like a total of 77 codes...so its not on the low side more in the middle range.

If you could look at your built date on the door label curious to see how close it is to start of production or how close to the end of production....since w know when production started at least we know what exact date GM annouced it to the public.

You got VD6 and VD 7 the highly desireable lite weight aluminum bumper braces,
You got UM6 next to the top of the line radio you got rear speakers U66 code.
You have headlites on buzzer T63 not a real popular option very cheap though just $16...

No body side moldings no carpet savers....no door edge guards, you got factory alarm AU6 code, power locks, etc,

One of the codes starts with 6 is a front coil spring left side code starts with 7 is a rite front coil spring, code starts with 8 is a left rear coil spring and your single 9 code is the other rear coil spring.

It seems in the coil springs 9PZ is a fairly common code for the one rear coil spring. UQ1 means provisions for a radio.

G80 is for the posi your car has. You car basically has all the good options.
Whoever bought it new, saved a few bucks no floor mats no moldings etc.

Get a chance share with us your production date from the door jamb if not visible the metal plate on the firewall first funky code in upper left corner tells the date that I can figure it out from.

I bought a few cars out of your state.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I tought '84's had leather.

kirban 2 cents worth

Your rite Lear Seigler style seats which were discontinued prior to 1986 production however pillow style leather seats was a very very rare option in 1986 T-Types and in my one book I have the exact production numbers. These cars still retained the regular style door panels. The 1/2 style console was an option.

In 1987 the pillow style seats as most owners call them was only offered in the Limited models and they of course had the better style door panels with the metal like pull straps that did not come lose.

The pull straps most of you are familar with basically were loose the first day of ownership......rite?

A bee could fly in and out of your window several times before you got the power window up!

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

breaking down gsx pvk car

Obviousily its a we4 as that code "pops" out at you. Looks like a total of 77 codes...so its not on the low side more in the middle range.

If you could look at your built date on the door label curious to see how close it is to start of production or how close to the end of production....since w know when production started at least we know what exact date GM annouced it to the public......

02B February 07 build. I bought it new, like you, for my 40th b-day. I was looking for a GN and a delivery was being made to the dealer. All the cars were "sold", but a day later, the salesguy called and said the person buying the WE4 (I did not know what that was then - I liked it because it did not have "Jiffy Lube" logos on the seats) had poor credit so it was available. I drove over and bought it on the spot. They did not even service it yet so I was the 1st person to wash it, remove the plastic, etc... THIS was a car I said I'd leave alone and never modify because they had such great warranties - that lasted a month when I got an ATR catalog and a little later, I heard about Dennis Kirban, got the newsletter (drew a few cartoons) and we were literally off to the races! :) Paul

02B February 07 build. I bought it new, like you, for my 40th b-day. I was looking for a GN and a delivery was being made to the dealer. All the cars were "sold", but a day later, the salesguy called and said the person buying the WE4 (I did not know what that was then - I liked it because it did not have "Jiffy Lube" logos on the seats) had poor credit so it was available. I drove over and bought it on the spot. They did not even service it yet so I was the 1st person to wash it, remove the plastic, etc... THIS was a car I said I'd leave alone and never modify because they had such great warranties - that lasted a month when I got an ATR catalog and a little later, I heard about Dennis Kirban, got the newsletter (drew a few cartoons) and we were literally off to the races! :) Paul

kirban 2 cents worth

Now I know who you are....its tough when most people go by email names....only a few of us post our real names....listen I need that Pontiac cartoon soon as possible just do the one version with the indian chief with a tear in his eye...

Ah to be 40 years old again.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The old days ATR-Kenne-Bell-Quality Engineering-Kodiak West-Original Bowling Green Customs-Kirban Performance-

Anyone remember any other national companies?

there is a way to speed up what you've got. i think i read about it over at Monte Carlo SS Information & Resources but maybe there is something about it here, too.
i think the early metric G bodies- like the 78-81 Malibus and what not- had a faster motor in them that is a direct swap, too.

kirban 2 cents worth

We use to sell a kit for that purpose. I am sure other methods exist. Actually the new window motors we sell are faster than the originals.

Messing with power windows and alignment of them is a very time consuming frustrating job. Be easier to align the hood on the car probably than to align that big door glass to seal against the weatherstrip. Easier to turn the volume up on the radio and ignore it.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

On the long running trivia question if no one hits the rite answer over this holiday weekend at some point I do have another clue I can throw out that won't give it away.

I assume those in the "game" don't wanna admit defeat which would make me a winner?

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Don't forgot no one has hit on the other option besides the low fuel I have in mind if no one hits that by end of the week I will tell the answer so we can look at various options.....it is a tough question.

kirban 2 cents worth

Everything above posts are not correct.

So, add another wrong car to the list

On the 2 non Turbo Regal options I am seeking I will give that answer sometime Monday as it is a pretty hard one to figure out. It was an item I only sold used never had them new.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents wort

Good morning readers:

As promised here is an additional clues for the single year turbo car I am seeking that has proven to be a real stumbling block.

Both the car make and car model I am seeking start with the SAME first letter.

It is not an exotic car but one you would recognize easily in its non turbo form.

Gave you 2 clues instead of one.

the clock continues to tick....more like a calendar now as it enters its 3 week!

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Back