You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
all this trivia stuff is fun, but i can't be the only one that thinks that each different question should have it's own thread..

Congrats 54Rich. Good job keeping track too!

Dennis, I was gonna guess the Ford Futura Turbo but my old friend Wikipedia let me down.....Here's a small quote from the Ford Fairmont article:
".....A turbocharged four-cylinder carbureted 2.3 L from the Mustang was offered in 1979 and 1980."

New trivia contest answer:

Attachments

• mailpouch.gif
    mailpouch.gif
    25 KB · Views: 162
And the winner is......

I just thought that everyone would want to see a pic of this elusive beast.

Attachments

• AD80FuturaTurbo.jpg
    AD80FuturaTurbo.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 166
all this trivia stuff is fun, but i can't be the only one that thinks that each different question should have it's own thread..

kirban 2 cents worth

I agree in part however I like to concentrate on just one thread I did have another thread and its just too much. What we can do is keep the trivia question on the current page at least the Buick related one....the non Buick I want to keep making it harder for the other group....granted the ford fairmont question threw everyone for a loop of like 3 weeks...

Member I am not here to make life easier for everyone since I am doling out the prizes....and I want to keep covering options and neat stuff related to our cars....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Congrats 54Rich. Good job keeping track too!

Dennis, I was gonna guess the Ford Futura Turbo but my old friend Wikipedia let me down.....Here's a small quote from the Ford Fairmont article:
".....A turbocharged four-cylinder carbureted 2.3 L from the Mustang was offered in 1979 and 1980."

New trivia contest answer:

kirban 2 cents worth

Your quick...Chuck your answer is correct....send me pm with your address for your prizes congrads....magazine article I have sates the fairmont turbo was only produced for 1980....although the Mustang had it longer...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

thanz....to Chuck for showing the Turbo Fairmont photo. Intersting about Mail Pouch chewing Tobacco. They started painting the barns way back in 1890 and did it til around 1992 over 20,000 of them in 22 states. Deal was farmers got a fresh paint job on their barns at no costs any color they chose on the sides not showing the logo. Plus $1 to $2 a year in rent.

I can still see several along the highways in Pennsylvania....from a bygone era, not to mention the health issues associated with chewing tobacco!

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

We got some small metal washers today from one of our vendors. The bag is like 2 inches by 3 inches nothing special and it lists 10 countries saying the product may be made in U.S.A., China,Japan, Italy, India, Vietnam, Taiwan, U.K. Canada or Thailand. A simple flat metal washer....weird....

kirban 2 cents worth

Going to gear up for 2 trivia one Buick turbo related which should be fairly simple the other geared for all those that have won in the past....and you know who you are.

Here goes the turbo regal question:

No past winners can participate nor Buick related employees:

Sitting in your turbo regal, I am thinking of 3 things in the interior that can come loose over a period of time.

You must name all 3 that I am thinking of in the SAME POST.

Don't name the pull straps because they didn't come lose, they were lose from day one!

Prize value is $15

Remember the 3 have to match my 3 meaning if you get 2 out of the 3 I will not state which is correct and which is wrong.

You can take more than one guess however only one set of 3 per post!

The clock is ticking....

Good luck.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Keeping it fresh in readers minds this contest still no winners.

krban 2 cents worth

Getting back to the topic on hand - dash cluster - turbo regals. Your actual bezel (surround) no matter what options your car has under the applique inserts are all precut for the options that your car does not. In other words the round hole is under the rite side for the remote rite hand mirror, as is the rear defroster. The other side has the hole for the twil light sentinel.

If you ever remove your dash bezel almost without fail 1 or more clips will pop off and not hit the floor.

In case your wondering that small plastic 3.8 turbo emblem is tabbed into your bezel it is not stuck on. Did every turbo car get that emblem? No, I am sure some turbo cars never got it for the simple reason mistakes got made. I have seen some original cars without it over the years.

My guess is they made it a tabbed version so the workers would realize it was a turbo car which would get the bar with the fuel guage and tach & boost set up for a analog dash. Again guessing on that score.

For whatever reason all our cars got the trip-odometer option. Since I have copies of the dealer albums interesting enough when they show an illustration of the dash they have blanks on the rite side for the indicators that really do appear on our cars and eliminate the lower left side which says low fuel but as we all know is not hot wired to work in our cars.

You can see what they have left out when the sun hits your dash a certian way. I have a 1997 Riveria and it has low windshield washer which lites up when it is low but in a certian lite that wording appears again in the dash but doesn't lite up.

However, in the 1984, 1985 dealer album for the turbo regal they show the low fuel even though it never was able to function! So only for 1986 and 1987 do they not show the low fuel indicator in the iliustration in the dealer album.

I doubt many of you realize that.

I would also venture a guess many of you probably don;t realize that even the bar coded looking tach was different in the early ones versus the later ones.

What is the difference? Anyone know?

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

New trivia question for the Elite group that have won in the past.

Prize value $25

Here goes the question:

By far and away the best know aftermarket manual shifter maker was Hurst. (A subject I know as much about as I do turbo Buicks).

During its heyday, give me the name of the company I am thinking of that also dabbled into making manual shifters but never enjoyed nearly the success of Hurst.
'
Yes, your answer has to match mine.

Lets hope this answer takes awhile.....

the clock is ticking

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

no on has even tried the other trivia question yet 3 things that come loose in the interior....its an easy one!!!!

Mr Gasket owns Hurst, so they've made millions of shifters. unless you are thinking of what they tried before buying Hurst.
i'll say Holley- they've made everything else, so why not shifters, too?

Mr Gasket owns Hurst, so they've made millions of shifters. unless you are thinking of what they tried before buying Hurst.
i'll say Holley- they've made everything else, so why not shifters, too?

mr amc

sorry both answers are wrong

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I doubt I will get 50-60 wrong answers here as not that many companies existed...

kirban 2 cents worth

No correct answers as of yet, by the way Mr Gasket sold Hurst a few months back its now owned by B & M shifters...unfortunately quality of Hurst shifters has greatly decreased from when Hurst owned it originally in its heyday 1960s. Back then they were made in the USA.

I had to research sparkomatic as I heard of the just wanted to make sure it was not a brand name made by the company I am seeking the answer to. It is not.

So the question is still not answered.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

still no takers on the simple Buick contest....??? 3 loose items

The three things that come loose over time?

As far as my car goes.....

Shifter handle
Dash applique(sp) instrument panel one
The remote trunk release button bracket

About the painted barns there a few still around west central Indiana as well. I have seen them along the old historic roads like US 40 and US 231.

The three things that come loose over time?

As far as my car goes.....

Shifter handle
Dash applique(sp) instrument panel one
The remote trunk release button bracket

About the painted barns there a few still around west central Indiana as well. I have seen them along the old historic roads like US 40 and US 231.

all 3 answers are not the ones I have in mind....keep trying...they painted them in 22 states mid west was probably as far west as they got....amazing when you think at how labor intensified it was to do back then.....actually a smart advertising move since they last.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I think you will see from this little trivia just how many quirkey things can come loose on the interior by the time its done.

Back