You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
kirban 2 cents worth

fastnasty trunk ID label

Its one of the early 1986 style with the lamination over the label. As it has been pointed out earlier in this thread some 1986s did not get this lamination over the label. With that in mind, I assume you have an early production date? (What date appears on your door jamb?

You got VD6 and VD7 which is good lite weight bumper supports. Also VK3 is the front license plate bracket probably car originally sold in state requiring front license plates, posi rear G80, GN code WE2 shows up,

IN 1986 5 radio options you got the top of the line UX1 unit, was $494.00
UW4 concert sound option in the doors, $95 option, CC1 t Tops $850 deal, they should be the locking style may not be if its an early one ( going by memory)

B34 and B35 was the good front and rear carpet savers, you got factory door edge guards B91, but no body side molding, You got power door locks and optional power trunk release. Button should be in glove box attached to upper lip.

T63 the cheap headlite buzzer $16 option,

A RARE OPTION T82 twillight sentinel feature a $57 option! power drivers seat. WG1....

These are the main ones. You have a pretty heavy example especially being a GN with 30lb wheels on each corner but lite weight bumper supports.

The twilite sentinel is very rare. Not something many performance owners went for in a turbo buick. More of a Caddy luxury feature.

At 85 codes its a fairly loaded example.

The printing is lite but if the code is correct C68 you got the touch climate control option that was not offered in 1987 models. Advise if you have this option?

Any errors I apologize its because printing is hard to see on my end. Your car was pretty expensive. If I had to guess $17,900 to $18,300 radio and T-Tops being two big options...

Comments welcome

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

If you have not posted your trunk ID label yet this is the thread to post it. We will tell you some of the highlights about it.

Going by memory this may be the first trunk ID label that has been posted in this thread, showing the twil light sentinel option.

Car was made in January 1986 and you are pretty much spot on with everything you're saying. The car does have the touch climate control, twilight sentinel, locking T-Tops, concert sound, digital dash, power drivers seat, and that annoying light buzzer. Have all the paper work from when my dad bought it new (along with the speeding tickets), looks like he financed $16,177.35. Glad to know where my car sits on the rarity scale...I guess 91 codes isn't bad at all! I wonder thought, what options were available that are NOT on my car...seems from previous posts there would only be a handful of them.

Beings you say its a feature and not an option, I'm going to guess that it was common on more than one muslce car. And you say the time period is 60- MID 60s, my first guess, column mounted tach.

kirban 2 cents worth

wrong answer a tach is an option whether it be factory or add on aftermarket....what I am seeking is a feature from the factory that 99% of thecars had back in the early and mid 1960s that are not on todays cars...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

That can't be right. I'll have to think a bit. "swiss cheese" frame?

kirban 2 cents worth

wrong answer swiss cheese frame was quite rare it was not on most early and mid 1960s performance cars as a feature....actually very very rare at least in the Pontiac world along with aluminum front ends....

making people think!!!! should be the heading for this thread,.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Car was made in January 1986 and you are pretty much spot on with everything you're saying. The car does have the touch climate control, twilight sentinel, locking T-Tops, concert sound, digital dash, power drivers seat, and that annoying light buzzer. Have all the paper work from when my dad bought it new (along with the speeding tickets), looks like he financed $16,177.35. Glad to know where my car sits on the rarity scale...I guess 91 codes isn't bad at all! I wonder thought, what options were available that are NOT on my car...seems from previous posts there would only be a handful of them.

kirban 2 cents worth

I am at work so I am shooting answers from the top of my head as to what options your car does not have:

front and rear carpet savers

trunk kit

engine block heater

body side molding

not sure do you have remote passenger mirror if so you would have control by rear defogger switch. At 91 codes it would be difficult to have many more codes on a GN. Outside of the 4 that I came up with real quick here at work.

Hope this helps you...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Don't have all the answers, but a good bit of them.

a feature of old performance cars that isn't on cars of today?
carburetor(s) were in 99% of the performance cars, with the last 1% having mechanical fuel injection.

and my car still has both front and rear aluminum bumper supports.

kirban 2 cents worth

good guess but wrong that would be tooo easy for a contest from me!

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

A feature of old performance cars that isn't on cars of today?

Bias Ply Tires

Do you think this going to take awhile:rolleyes:

kirban 2 cens worth

On the astroroof question: all good answers above and while in some cases they are correct it is NOT the answer I am seeking.....

There is one tell tale quick visual easy way to know that the astroroof/sunroof in a turbo regal is a factory unit.

Alot of answers have been good answers but your missing the link I am thinking of.

Keep trying

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

i think the answer your looking for is the hole/plug for the crank handle in case if the battery dies etc.

A little light on the dash that says "cold" and remained on until a certain temp was reached

i think the answer your looking for is the hole/plug for the crank handle in case if the battery dies etc.

kirban 2 cents worth

slogn....you nailed the Buick question! Correct very visible is the plug in the headliner along side the factory switch....person that said hand crank was on the rite track but did not give the answer I was seeking.

Send me a PM your name & address and list what you won before so I do not duplicate.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Covering all the above answers on what feature was on most of the early and mid 1960s cars that is not on todays performance cars. All the answers posted above this post are not the one I am seeking....

Good tries but not correct.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Next Buick question.....

Background:

One of the easiest to install options as I stated earlier in this thread is the power trunk release....so simple I can even do it.

Prior to the trunk release being electric GM used 2 other methods of operating a trunk release. Name the 2 methods I am thinking of.

Prize value $25

eligible anyone but employees related to Buick

contest starts now

This is a simple one.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Giving you all a heads up I will not be near a computer tomorrow nite and probably not be able to post again until friday nite.

kirban 2 cents worth

The non Buick question....

In review it is a feature that appeared on probably every early and mid 1960s performance cars. Some makes had this feature through most of the 1960s.
Virtually none of the newer performance cars have it today even our turbo regals do not have it!

This feature is not engine related.

I threw in some more clues.....

54rich I hope wil keep this fresh on a new page so clues are visible and track the wrong answers I hope.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

We just got word the other week that Cardone is discontinuing the brand new alternators. This includes the special ones we buy that are 100% correct amps (120) for the 1986-1987 Turbo Regals. Each one is pretested in advance 100% brand new. The list price on them is over $200 each. We sold them regularly for $149.95.

We now own all the remaining stock. Fewer than 15. Price is just $129.95. A real bargain. Contact my office sales@kirbanperformance.com if you want to get one of the last ones. Remember new always beats rebuilt.

My guess is they will be gone n about a weeks time.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

The non Buick question....

In review it is a feature that appeared on probably every early and mid 1960s performance cars. Some makes had this feature through most of the 1960s.
Virtually none of the newer performance cars have it today even our turbo regals do not have it!

This feature is not engine related.

I threw in some more clues.....

54rich I hope wil keep this fresh on a new page so clues are visible and track the wrong answers I hope.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

true dual exhaust

true dual exhaust

kirban 2 cents worth

sorry another wrong answer they had true duals after late 1960s....example catalytic convertors did not come out on cars I think until around 1973 or so.

Certain models Camaros had chambered exhaust systems....

I throw out out another clue....

The feature is not related to the drivetrain in any way.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Any new readers of this thread be sure to post your trunk ID label so we can review it. Just be sure to block out your VIN number.

Not sure how many of you have ever seen aftermarket sun roofs in Turbo Regals but over the years I have seen several versions. The one that really hurts the value is the pop up version that you see mostly on Mustangs.

I have also seen a few aftermarket T-Tops on Turbo Regals as well. What makes it tough for those owners is, finding proper T-Top seals, and the fact those roof panels do not follow the same format as the GM ones. Ones I have seen have a wider space at the top of the windshield and lack the proper interior trim.
'
In both cases they would lack the proper code on the trunk ID label also. This would really hurt the value at sale time unless potential buyer was not aware of
them being aftermarket.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Back