You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
kirban 2 cents worth

slogn....you nailed the Buick question! Correct very visible is the plug in the headliner along side the factory switch....person that said hand crank was on the rite track but did not give the answer I was seeking.

Send me a PM your name & address and list what you won before so I do not duplicate.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

ok thanks

New Trivia Question, Posted 6/2/09, Post #1090

Here is the question:

Its the early 1960s to mid 1960s.....I am thinking of a feature that was part of 99% of the performance cars during that time frame that you never see in any of the current muscle cars of today.

Read the clues carefully its a feature not an option.

What feature am I referring to????
Virtually none of the newer performance cars have it today even our turbo regals do not have it!

This feature is not engine related.
The feature is not related to the drivetrain in any way

Here is a list of the wrong answers:
1) Real working hood scoops
2) Drum brakes
3) carburetor(s)
4) column mounted tach
5) "swiss cheese" frame
6) Over 400 Cu Inches of motor
7) Steel Rims
8) Bias Ply Tires
9) A little light on the dash that says "cold"
10) POLYGLASS tires
11) true dual exhaust
12) Bench seat
13) big chrome bumpers
14) points distributors
15) non retractable lap belts
16) non locking steering column
17) 3 on the tree
18) dash mounted ignition switch
19) manual chokes
20) real sheet metal that doesn't crumple

Is no one guessing at the Hurst question:confused:

rear window defrosters

Here is the question:

Its the early 1960s to mid 1960s.....I am thinking of a feature that was part of 99% of the performance cars during that time frame that you never see in any of the current muscle cars of today.

Virtually none of the newer performance cars have it today even our turbo regals do not have it!

2) Drum brakes
3) carburetor(s)
4) column mounted tach
5) "swiss cheese" frame
7) Steel Rims
8) Bias Ply Tires
10) POLYGLASS tires
11) true dual exhaust
12) Bench seat
13) big chrome bumpers
14) points distributors
17) 3 on the tree
19) manual chokes

am/fm stereo's

Here is the question:

2) Drum brakes
3) carburetor(s)
4) column mounted tach
5) "swiss cheese" frame
7) Steel Rims
8) Bias Ply Tires
10) POLYGLASS tires
11) true dual exhaust
12) Bench seat
13) big chrome bumpers
14) points distributors
17) 3 on the tree
19) manual chokes

The ability to carry 5 to 6 adults in comfort:cool:

I know the answer to the feature question that none of today's muscle cars have. I can't believe I just now got this...

Hardtops! Back then 99% of your muscle car's had no B-piller. Meaning when you rolled down your door window's and your rear passenger windows, there was nothing there, no B-piller, what we all know as two door hardtops. Cadillac actually introduced this body style in 1949. One of Caddy's executive's wife's liked the look of a convertible but never wanted to put her top down on the car, so the hardtop or hardtop convertible was introduced. Chevrolet came out with them in 1950 because they were so popular and they wanted them accessible to those with less income. We happen to have one them that we are building for my son.

Is my answer right or wrong?

kirban 2 cents worth

I am back....will try and catch up meantime lowLesabre that is the correct answer...

send me pm with what you have won in the past so I do not duplicate.
Not sure how it went across the entire GM line up but in the GTO world, at least in 1964-65 time frame they had a cable trunk release that was located in the glove box....similar to what us old folks remember as a manual choke principle.

The down side is if you were driving a long someone could open the glove box unless it was locked and make the trunk lid fly open.

In 1966 time frame they went to a vacuum set up which was more elaborate. Not sure right off how many years they used that principle before going to the electric version that most of you are familar with today.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

I have reviewed all the above posts on the question on what feature was present on most muscle cars in the early-mid sixties that has virtually disappeared in the current performance cars including the turbo regal.

Some of the above answers are quite good and fit the answer BUT and its a big BUT is not the answer or wording I am seeking. In other words one of the above may be close to the answer but has not hit it exactly. Something you guys have to try and figure out from the above answers. If I say anymore I may give it away.

Interesting about ash trays many of you probably notice, that a smoker package is now an option on some cars. I have a 2006 car has no ashtray no lighter.

Which leads me to the next post about smokers and porsche boxsters.....

Good trivia on the early hardtops...Ford had their first hardtops in 1951.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

The Porsche Boxster came out I think in 1997-98. I am sure most of yo ahve seen them as they have basically remained unchanged for 6-8 years. However, a few years after they came out they did change slightly the angle of the air scoops in the sides of the car.

The reason? They determined that if the driver was a smoker and flipped his ashes or cigarette out the window the air current and angle of the scoop would suck it into the scoop. Not a major problem unless the driver was a heavy smoker.....

I was told this by a person that has sold Porsches for over 20 years.

On a similar note one of the early shifter knobs Hurst developed was like a clear crystal ball. In testing it on an employees car on a hot summer day it worked like a magnifying glass and burned a hole in the seat. I have one of them in my private collection.

Most successful companies, make mistakes, fortunately for most, their successes outweigh their failures.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

As of this weekend we only have a few 100% brand new 120 amp correct 1986-1987 Turbo Regal alternators left as mentioned before Cardone is discontinuing them and we bought all of their remaining inventory. Contact sales@kirbanperformance. They are just $129.95

Thanks Mr.Kirban, I'm on a roll here!

On the feature question, I am going to say it's the full chassis rather than unibody, which also has to do with hardtops. It's nearly impossible to build a hartop car without a chassis to support it.

Thanks Mr.Kirban, I'm on a roll here!

On the feature question, I am going to say it's the full chassis rather than unibody, which also has to do with hardtops. It's nearly impossible to build a hartop car without a chassis to support it.

kirban 2 cents worth

You might be on a roll, but you don't have a safety net! What you do have is, another wrong answer.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Here is the next Turbo Regal question:

Open to anyone even Turbo Buick employees as I don't think it will give them an edge.

Not open to any GTO owners

Prize value $25

Here is the question: Every 1984-1987 Turbo Regal has basically the same leather/foam filled 3 spoke brushed steering wheel.

What is the reason that 3 spokes are not polished or shiny?

The clock is ticking

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

New contest

Not eligible:

Any past winners or Turbo Buick related employees

I want to give others a shot....at winning

Prize value $25

Here goes:

Concerns options: In the mid 1950s a factory option appeared that only was available for a short period of time.

This option was not available for every car manufacturer.

Name the option and car manufacturer it was offered by.

the clock is ticking except for past winners and turbo employees!

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

If you have not done so, post your trunk ID label and we can break it down for you....be sure to block out your VIN number.

If this contest drags on I would open it up LATER to past winners....but only if I give the go ahead....

Back