You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Triva Update

New Trivia Question, Posted 6/2/09, Post #1090

Here is the question:

Its the early 1960s to mid 1960s.....I am thinking of a feature that was part of 99% of the performance cars during that time frame that you never see in any of the current muscle cars of today.

Read the clues carefully its a feature not an option.

What feature am I referring to????
Virtually none of the newer performance cars have it today even our turbo regals do not have it!

This feature is not engine related.
The feature is not related to the drivetrain in any way

Here is a list of the wrong answers:
1) Real working hood scoops
2) Drum brakes
3) carburetor(s)
4) column mounted tach
5) "swiss cheese" frame
6) Over 400 Cu Inches of motor
7) Steel Rims
8) Bias Ply Tires
9) A little light on the dash that says "cold"
10) POLYGLASS tires
11) true dual exhaust
12) Bench seat
13) big chrome bumpers
14) points distributors
15) non retractable lap belts
16) non locking steering column
17) 3 on the tree
18) dash mounted ignition switch
19) manual chokes
20) real sheet metal that doesn't crumple
21) Vinyl Tops
22) ash trays
23) Hub Caps
24) 2 door "sedan" body style, aka post coupe
25) exposed windshield wipers
26) cozy wings are what I know them as. GM called it Astro Ventilation
27) Hidden headlights
28) rear window defrosters
29) am/fm stereo's
30) The ability to carry 5 to 6 adults in comfort
31) Hardtops
32) full size spare bumper jack
33) full chassis rather than unibody
34) Chrome steel bumpers
35) Gauges
36) All components made in the USA
37) All vinyl interior
38) Non Tinted Glass
39) push button outside door handles
40) dash handle
41) 120 MPH Speedo

kirban 2 cents worth

Next trivia

no past winners no employees in the buick business are eligible

one guess per post

prize value $25

here goes:

A very UNUSUAL option that was only available for a few years in the 1950s time frame. I don't believe this option was offered by all 3 US manufacturers.

Several answers I am sure are possible you need to hit on the one I am thinking of.

I don't want to give any more clues as it would give it away.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Definately a smart group.....as only a few questions have stumped you.
Push button shifting( in the steering wheel i believe)

Feature question:

the 2-door wagon body style, ala Chevy Nomad, Ford Del Rio Ranch wagon, Chevy 300 wagon, etc.

It definately fits the time frame: 1955-1965

Feature question:

the 2-door wagon body style, ala Chevy Nomad, Ford Del Rio Ranch wagon, Chevy 300 wagon, etc.

It definately fits the time frame: 1955-1965

kirban 2 cents worth

Good guess also but also wrong....

You guys are looking too hard....the answer is rather simple its a feature virtually has been elminated from cars in he last 15-20 years....

Do a walk around any 1960s cars (performance etc) and then walk around your turbo regal....what is missing now that was on 99% of the performance cars back in the 50s and early and mid 60s time frame...a few had it to around 1970 or so.

there is some big clues in the above paragraph...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Currently we are running the feature question and looking for a option that was offered in the mid 1950s time frame only, that only saw production a few years and not every US car company offered it.

the clock is still ticking on both of these questions...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Good guess also but also wrong....

You guys are looking too hard....the answer is rather simple its a feature virtually has been elminated from cars in he last 15-20 years....

Do a walk around any 1960s cars (performance etc) and then walk around your turbo regal....what is missing now that was on 99% of the performance cars back in the 50s and early and mid 60s time frame...a few had it to around 1970 or so.

there is some big clues in the above paragraph...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

smog pump?

smog pump?

kirban 2 cents worth

wrong answer....feature is not engine related in any way.....smog stuff was not in cars in the early 1960s or mid 1960s however in California I do recall funky emissions stuff on GTOs around 1966-67.

On a related note....its probably a good thing all our cars came out of one assembly plant. I say that because I recently read on the GTOs they were built at 12-13 different plants.

Granted trunk ID labels did not exist back in those days however, not every assembly plant used the SAME ID CODE for the same option. In other words a optional steering wheel in one plant could have a different ID code that another plan used.

Unfortunately my knowledge on the older Buicks GS models is limited so I have no idea how that worked. I imagine production was not as great as the GTO so they may not have been produced in a dozen plants. However, you would think codes for options would be the same at each assembly plant.

Further proof GM was not in the resto game but in the production game and it makes life interesting for those that are restoring GM cars/trucks.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

All the above guess hubcaps, hood ornament, white wall tires are incorrect.

Good guess except for hood ornament turbo regals have the spring loaded one....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Back