You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Morning Update

New Trivia Question, Posted 6/2/09, Post #1090

Here is the question:

Its the early 1960s to mid 1960s.....I am thinking of a feature that was part of 99% of the performance cars during that time frame that you never see in any of the current muscle cars of today.

Read the clues carefully its a feature not an option.

What feature am I referring to????
Virtually none of the newer performance cars have it today even our turbo regals do not have it!

This feature is not engine related.
The feature is not related to the drivetrain in any way

Here is a list of the wrong answers:
1) Real working hood scoops
2) Drum brakes
3) carburetor(s)
4) column mounted tach
5) "swiss cheese" frame
6) Over 400 Cu Inches of motor
7) Steel Rims
8) Bias Ply Tires
9) A little light on the dash that says "cold"
10) POLYGLASS tires
11) true dual exhaust
12) Bench seat
13) big chrome bumpers
14) points distributors
15) non retractable lap belts
16) non locking steering column
17) 3 on the tree
18) dash mounted ignition switch
19) manual chokes
20) real sheet metal that doesn't crumple
21) Vinyl Tops
22) ash trays
23) Hub Caps
24) 2 door "sedan" body style, aka post coupe
25) exposed windshield wipers
26) cozy wings are what I know them as. GM called it Astro Ventilation
27) Hidden headlights
28) rear window defrosters
29) am/fm stereo's
30) The ability to carry 5 to 6 adults in comfort
31) Hardtops
32) full size spare bumper jack
33) full chassis rather than unibody

Concerns options: In the mid 1950s a factory option appeared that only was available for a short period of time.

Record player

Paul

Concerns options: In the mid 1950s a factory option appeared that only was available for a short period of time.

Record player

Paul

kirban 2 cents worth

You hit it!!!!!!

It was basically from what I understand a Chrysler only item in 1956.... actually every year in my area is a local show n a nearby town and a guy has a 56 imperial and has it in that car....reason I member them....

I don't believe ford & GM picked it up however motorola and probably others made an aftermarket unit as I had one in my 62 corvette back in 1965.....it would play 45s up side down....young guys reading this may have to ask their parents what a 45 is besides a gun.....

Send me pm with your full address Paul....will send you your price..

By the way, how did you stumble on that answer curious....

The other question is taking on a lfie of its own....thank goodness 54rich is my score keeper.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

For those of you that may be wondering....I try to tie the trivia to Buicks or in some fashion make you the readers aware of different options that were available before the turbo buicks....in a fun way of doing it....

kirban 2 cents worth

I get to use my saying again...killing several birds with one post...

None I repeat none of the above answers to this post I am doing is the answer I am seeking on the FEATURE that early and mid 1960s cars/performance cars had that turbo buicks and other later performance cars do not have.

This question may approach the Fairmont turbo numbers before long.....course we all know now that Ford Fairmont had a turbo engine in 1980.....

I did not think this question was going to be this difficult and when the answer is revealed you will understand why....

Many of your answers are good...trick is to hit the one I want.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

clock continues to tick new trivia coming to replace other one.

All components made in the USA........:biggrin:

kirban 2 cents worth

What you say is probably true, however, it is not the answer I am seeking.....I am sure 54 rich will post all these additional wrong answers...

Along those same lines I did read that in 1954 GM had 54% of the car market. That year was their highest percentage.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Next trivia

no past winners no employees in the buick business are eligible

one guess per post

prize value $25

here goes:

A very UNUSUAL option that was only available for a few years in the 1950s time frame. I don't believe this option was offered by all 3 US manufacturers.

Several answers I am sure are possible you need to hit on the one I am thinking of.

I don't want to give any more clues as it would give it away.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Definately a smart group.....as only a few questions have stumped you.

Back to the feature

Chrome pedal surrounds

kirban 2 cents worth

Sorry another wrong answer to the feature on the early and mid 1960s performance cars that you do not see on late model performance cars.

I am surprised this question has gone without the correct answer for so long. It really is something quite obvious...

the clock continues to tick.......

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

On the record player question, I saw it featured on a car program, I think it was my classic car.

kirban 2 cents worth

You hit it!!!!!! ............
By the way, how did you stumble on that answer curious....

I recall seeing them on a car... probably a Chrysler, at one of the many car shows I've attended through the years. I'm old enough to have seen a lot... but young enough to still remember what I've seen :)

Paul

kirban 2 cents worth

On the feature question that seems to have stumped the readers of this thread. I want to clear a few things up.

First this feature was on cars prior to the mid to late 1960s....not just performance cars.

I just did not want to give too many clues initially....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

On another note: We now have in stock made by the same GM supplier the factory original style woven black set of three 1986-1987 turbo regal intercooler hoses. Only one source in the entire US made them from what I understand.

We have a special price on them until the end of this month. They are 100% exact except do not have the GM part numbers on them. These are plain. Each hose for those that may not be aware of it is a different size!

If you got any plans to run TSA CLASS AT GS NATS this style hose or something similar is what you need. Discontinued by GM several years ago and when they were available they were around $18-$20 per hose! Our special price is just $29.95 for the full set plus shipping Part #7333 when contacting our office. We will be making them available to all other Turbo Buick vendors as well.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Got another trick item coming soon for all 1984-1987 Turbo Regals that is really slick and fixes a very primitive item on our cars. I have seen the prototype and the difference is nothing short of amazing. Maybe 10 days away from having more info on this.

Back