You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Thanks dennis i finally won one!!!! as others have said this thread is a good idea and fun it took me hours to catch up once i started reading it to read the whole thing its gotta be the longest running in turbo buick.cm history lol ...

kirban 2 cents worth

Glad to see new blood...

I think who runs the thank goodness its friday has a larger number of posts....I find it easier for me at least to stick with one post since I need to provide answers and got to be able to find stuff quickly....

Besides I don't think I can get into any trouble by hijacking my own thread as we do cover options and ID labels probably should have named this thread the automotive history thread or Lets play stump the Turbo Buick owners.....its tough since we all have the internet at our fingertips to think up stuff that can't be found easily.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Its a fun thing for me....

Funny thing is, a 1967 Camaro was the only year to have them in that body style. In '68 they went to full door windows. That's how you can tell the difference.

I gave that as the answer many post ago.:confused:

kirban 2 cents worth

I agree as however, I never heard them called cozy wings and the term astro ventalation in checking on the internet talked about vent sin the dash....

If you recall somewhere rite after that I said something to the effect if someone explained one of the recent answers better....

Any rate, send me a pm and I will send you an equal $25 value in prizes...no problem We will chaulk it up to an error on my part....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

We all learn something....cozy wings is a new one on me.

kirban 2 cents worth

Other trivia is stil unsolved:

I am seeking a very unusual actually weird option that was offered during the 1950s and probably only appeared in a few models. I think it was only offered 2-3 years at the most.

Here is a new clue for this question: Today it probably would not have much call for this option.

The clock is ticking

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

To end confusion, I want to redo this trivia and the other trivia since both are non Buick and too similar to figure out look for NEW CONTEST!!!! disregard this one.

kirban 2 cents worth

New contest:

No previous winners eligible

No Buick turbo employees

One answer per post

Value $25

I am thinking of another option that had a very very very short life span of less than one year that was offered only on one performance GM car.

This option would later appear more recently in another GM performance car.

Name the option I am thinking of and the GM car it appeared on!!!!!! Option & car requires 2 correct answers in the same post.

the clock is ticking...

To end confusion I am redoing this trivia question also since it is too similar to the other one see new post on 2 new contests:

kirban 2 cents worth

Here is the next trivia question that is TURBO BUICK RELATED.

Open to any person reading this thread except: Buick Turbo employees. So even past winners can participate.

Prize value $25

One answer per post.

Be sure to put BUICK TRIVIA in your heading so their is NO confusion.

Here goes:

Its on every 1984-1987 Turbo Regal

The front of the part is visible

However on the back of the part it says TOP.

Name the part!

the clock is starting to run

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

For the non Buick question I have refined the one previousily.

Open to any readers of this thread except Turbo Buick employees.

One answer per post

Put in the heading NON BUICK TRIVIA to avoid confusion.

Prize value $25

Here goes during the original muscle car era. (1964-1972) American Cars

A option appeared for less than one year. Fewer than 300 existed.

What option am I referring to?

If this drags on I will give more clues but since this contest is open to everyone I
wanna test your knowledge.

As they say the clock is ticking

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Again I apologize for running two similar trivia at the same time.

Non Buick Trivia

VOE Vacuum Operated Exhaust

kirban 2 cents worth

BINGO

WINNER...

Send me pm with list of what you won in the past.

This was offered only on the 1970 GTO....a tricky set up vacuum controlled that basically allowed straight out exhaust thru the muffler...problem was this did not sit too well with the state of Pennsylvania laws emissions whatever and it got canned early on....

Actual count that saw actual production was around 275 units....more recently it has been reproduced for those cars and I know Corvette on I believe the 2006 ZO6 has a similar system and has it on the later Corvettes probably as an option,

For a 1970 GTO owner that was the Holy Grail if you had an original one of these systems....the pull handle was on the same bracket as the ram air knob that opened the flaps for the ram air set up. Primitive by todays standards but in its day was the hot set up....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

New non Buick trivia question

Open to anyone reading this

One answer per post

be sure to put NON BUICK TRIVIA in your reply

Prize value $25

Here goes:

In the 1950s for a period of 2-3 years some unusual options were offered in American cars.

I am thinking of one in particular.

Name that option.

The clock is ticking

good luck

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban

Hope this one lasts awhile

non-Buick trivia:

General Motors' 1950's automatic headlight dimmer, "the Autronic Eye". They had a periscope looking phototube on the dashboard's left side, just inside the windshield.

Paul

non-Buick trivia:

General Motors' 1950's automatic headlight dimmer, "the Autronic Eye". They had a periscope looking phototube on the dashboard's left side, just inside the windshield.

Paul

kirban 2 cents worth

Good guess mr Old Guy.....but wrong....I member them usually found on Cadillacs....my Mom always drove a Caddy when I was growing up first a 1954 then a 1956 coupe....

Member the real tricky thing with them? The gas fillup in the one tail lite housing....clever......can't member which side now....think it was the 1956 model.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Buick Trivia

I think the hood liner has it also.

kirban 2 cents worth

Good guess mr Old Guy.....but wrong....I member them usually found on Cadillacs....my Mom always drove a Caddy when I was growing up first a 1954 then a 1956 coupe....

Member the real tricky thing with them? The gas fillup in the one tail lite housing....clever......can't member which side now....think it was the 1956 model.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The chevrolets were that way also.

Back