You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
actually it was the edsel that had the push button shifting i watched a special on them recently...
there were probably millions of Mopars built with push button torqueflite trannies in them- everything from Darts to vans got them for a while.

Non Buick Trivia

Dodge La Femme

Special raincoat, rain hat, compact, umbrella, shoulder bag and the the seat backs had pockets to store all of the items which were color keyed to the interior. Talk about strange.

Non Buick Trivia

Dodge La Femme

Special raincoat, rain hat, compact, umbrella, shoulder bag and the the seat backs had pockets to store all of the items which were color keyed to the interior. Talk about strange.

kirban 2 cents worth

definately a weird option was a pitch to get the woman buyer......unfortunately it is not the option I am seeking.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

On the Buick Turbo question.....

Its a tough one....

The word top appears on the back of the actual found in every 1984-1987 Turbo regal and non Turbo Regal.

This part is not metal

This part is not found under the hood.

I gave a few more clues.....

the clock continues to tick on this question and the other question.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

A few pages back on this thread I mentioned the flop Hurst had with the shifter knob that worked like a magnifying glass, and how Porsche had to change the angle on the side scoops on the Boxster models to keep cigarettes - debris from blowing into scoops.

Without exception every successful company has had its failures or flops. I can recall one flop that I did a few years back.

We had just bought off ebay a Mini Cooper S model to make parts for those cars.
Normally anytime we make a part we start the car making sure it runs etc. Because we make so many different chrome parts we simply see what we have that will fit the car we are working with.

I had this chrome ring that fit perfectly around the ignition switch. I installed it.
Didn't think nothing of it until I went to start the car about 4 hours later. The car cranked would not start....I had forgotten about the chrome ring I had installed.

Called the dealership which was about 40 miles away and they had to tow it to the shop. They had the car 3-4 days before they could figure it out...Turns out the chrome ring I installed around the ignition switch somehow interfered with the alarm system in the key.....One reason every time now we do something we make sure the car still runs. By the way the Mini Cooper S model is about as close to having a go-kart for adults that you can buy.

I learned also long ago on the cars we would sell if I was removing any alarm system I would always make sure the car would start each time I removed one wire. If you have ever removed an alarm from a used car you know what I am talking about. Every one I have done had to have about 20 feet of wire or more!

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Update we have completely sold out of the brand new 120 amp alternators that we had on sale a week ago. They are no longer available. We had them at a special price.

there were probably millions of Mopars built with push button torqueflite trannies in them- everything from Darts to vans got them for a while.

kirban 2 cents worth

You are correct on the Mopars, Mr Novaderrik.....Again going by memory but didn't some car have the buttons in the center of the steering wheel also?

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Giving every one a heads up and I am sure other companies can also verify....almost now every week another GM part is either disappearing from inventory or increasing in price.

With our cars now 22-24 years old its pretty amazing anything is still available from GM especially when you realize our body style rear wheel drive platform also ended that year meaning lots of parts changed for the 1988 and up front wheel drive Regal examples.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

You are correct on the Mopars, Mr Novaderrik.....Again going by memory but didn't some car have the buttons in the center of the steering wheel also?

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com
never heard of trans buttons on the steering wheel until the recent wave of "paddle" shifters.
AMC also put a bunch of push button shifters in their cars, too.. which makes sense, what with the Chrysler trannies they used..

kirban 2 cents worth

On the Buick Turbo question.....

Its a tough one....

The word top appears on the back of the actual found in every 1984-1987 Turbo regal and non Turbo Regal.

This part is not metal

This part is not found under the hood.

I gave a few more clues.....

the clock continues to tick on this question and the other question.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

turn signal lens in front bumper

Back