You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
1958 Edsel

kirban 2 cents worth

Yes the Edsel also known as the car wit the horse collar grille....I just attended the huge Fords at Carlisle event (in 2 weeks its GM at Carlisle), and one of the cars od display not sure if Ford made it or someone made it was a 2007-2008 Edsel on display as a anniversary car!

I am sure it must be one of a kind probably shares a home with someone who really loves Edsels....

Not many folks have named their kids Edsel since the late 1950s either....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Bringing everyone up to speed.....on the Buick question while some of the other answers may be rite, I am not sure since without looking at the actual part. I do know the AC vents in the dash are marked top.....3 being the same. By the way we sell them refinished....my son actually throws a bunch of them in the dish washer to clean them prior to redoing them. Our part #7142 we sell them for $31.95 a set of 3.

Actually, we need these vents......We won't buy them for cash but would allow $12 per set of 3. So if you have 3 sets for example we would ship you a redone set of 3 which includes shipping. We get $31.95 plus shipping roughly an even trade. Our redone ones are as close to show as you will find.

Another way to "fine tune" your interior making it like new again.

I plan to keep this going the trivia and I think we can agree that read and contribute its a learning experience. Not just on our cars but the rich past history associated with our cars.

On the other non Buick question this option was offered around 1956-1957 Chevrolets. A somewhat complicated system from what I understand controlled by vacuum that kept the ash tray emptied of cigarette ashes.

I have never seen one to report on how it looks and functioned. I do have a friend that is supposed to dig up his Chevy accessory booklet on it. It was offered the same year(s) as the mentioned electric razor was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Again this question showed a lot of thinking on everyones part and now you know that someone at Chevy devised a method to remove ashes from the ash tray way back in the mid 1950s.

Now certain car lines offer as an option a smoker package. Course some of us remember when seat belts use to be an option in the mid 1960s. When I was buying and selling GTOs I used to take a razor blade and cut them out of the car as I hated the way they looked in the cars!

New contests coming once I can figure them out and figure out how not to track answers down through the internet.

Our first double winner Mr Novaderrick....curious you have any Novas?

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

If any readers can shed any additional facts or info on the vacuum ash tray set up be sure to post it. Back then it was probably a cheap option.

kirban 2 cents worth

New Turbo Buick Question:

Everyone is eligible except Buick related employees and our latest double winner Mr Novaderrick..

Prize value $25

One post per entry

Put in heading BUICK TRIVIA

Here goes:

WB......in movie circles stands for Warner Bros......

Those same 2 letters in reverse order appears somewhere in certain year Turbo Regals. Give the location.

(This is relatively an easy question)

As they say the clock is ticking....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Remember I like to see more trunk ID labels so we can continue the main theme of this thread.

kirban 2 cents worth

NON BUICK TRIVIA QUESTION

Everyone is eligible except Novaderrick has to sit this round out.

Prize value $25

One guess per post

Here goes:

Another weird option surfaced in the 1970s for a very short period of time. This same option resurfaced again for a short period of time by the same car manfacturer. (Not the same car model, but the same car company.)

Give me the name of the option? Also the two car models it appeared on.

Remember this question requires TWO answers!!!

The clock is ticking...

good luck

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

wow... i threw out two wild guesses and got them.. must be my lucky day..
i've actually seen the writing on the back of the dash vents before- and it made sense becasue of the way the flaps are supposed to move down when you want to shut off the air flow.
somewhere along the lines someone showed me the smokeless ashtray in their car.. i can't remember where or when or what kind of a car it was, but i've actually seen one in action.

Here I was this hole friggin time passing by this thread because I thought people were trying to get Mr. Kirban to decode their VIN's. Had I any idea there was an awesome auto trivia volley going on I would have been here from day one!

This is simply awesome.

kirban 2 cents worth

We mix it up more like automotive history with Turbo Buick thrown in and trunk ID labels. It's easier for me to concentrate on one single thread. If I knew how to change the actual heading I would do it but I figured if people saw that it is constantly on the first page they would explore it...like you have....

I keep the trivia coming as its a fun thing for me and everyone learns something....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Gimmie a couple of days to read from the beginning. I might have a couple to throw:biggrin:

buick trivia

The BW is a sticker found on the underside of the MAF sensor

non buick trivia

hatchback pup tent

amc spirit. jeep cherokee/wagoneer

actually jeep has been offering those again on the newer line-up like the liberty.

Heres mine.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 162
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 166
The BW is a sticker found on the underside of the MAF sensor

kirban 2 cents worth

BINGO

The BW code appears on the underside of the factory mass air flow sensor at least on the 1987 models....

you know the drill send me pm with your past winnings and address...

good job....knew that was an easy question....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Reading turbojitsu85 trunk ID label. Makes it tough seeing it sideways....
Its an older label since its laminated 1985 according to your signature. Seems the older ones do not print their paint codes at the bottom of the label.

Like most ones I have seen VD6 and VD7 means you got the lite weight aluminum bumper supports front and rear.

VK3 front license plate bracket means probably your car originally sold in a state that has front plates.

You got UM6 radio one step down from the top of the line radio that year a $344 option, UW4 concert sound II system in the door panels a $95 option

US6 fixed antenna....a real plus since power antennas have a huge failure rate kinda of unusual since you got a good radio and concert sound having a fixed antenna...

G80 posi rear WE2 Grand National option, C95 front reading lamps a $24 option,
B32 and B33 was the cheaper floor mats front and rears, I don't see any codes for body side moldings or door edge guards.

The codes that start with a 6 and 7 refer to left and rite front springs codes that start with 8 and 9 refer to rear springs left and rite. The other codes starting with number 8 refer to interior trim colors grey etc....

Nothing jumps out at me as being unusual...you got I think 80 codes total. If I made a mistake I apologize as some of the codes are tough to read. If anything it is somewhat unusual to have concert sound and next to the top of the radio and yet not spring for a power antenna. However its a wise move based on the high failure rate f power antennas and the labor to replace it.

Thanks for sharing it with us...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

If you have not posted your trunk ID label try and do so and we can give you some of the facts about it....

kirban 2 cents worth

Next Buick Turbo trivia question:

Not eligible the latest winner and any Buick turbo employees

One guess per post

Prize value $25

Must put BUICK TRIVIA wording in your post.

It's an easy question:

In the notes I have concerning the GNX project....I am thinking of one of the objectives Buick honchos....had in the development of the GNX project.

What objective is the one I am thinking of.....(They had several you got to name the one I am thinking of) In other words, what was one of the goals they wanted to achieve with the limited production GNX.....

The clock is ticking

Member ONE answer per post.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Back