You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
kirban 2 cents worth

Non Buick trivia question

Open to anyone except last previous winner and any Buick Turbo employees.

One answer per post

Prize value will be one of our new touch & start systems a $80 value. I expect to have production late next week. I installed a production unit today in my personal turbo-t.

The touch & start system will work on any older car/truck 12 volt system with no air bags and no chip in the key. No alarm sets automatically 30 seconds after you shut the car off. You only cut one wire in your car everything else goes to fuse box or ground. We sold hundreds of them back in the early 1980s. Heck you can even leave your key in the ignition, and car will not start no switch to trigger either. You simply touch one screw head and any metal part of your dash like your steering wheel spoke. Once you do this LED goes out and car will start.

Back to the question:

Concerning factory lite weights. Over the years almost every car manufactuer that has anything to do with performance cars has produced in limited numbers factory lite weight cars mainly designed for racing. Some of the better known ones would be the SD 421 Pontiacs with the swiss cheese frames and aluminum front ends, Hurst built I believe something like 50 Hemi Darts, Ford a few years back built a few Cobra R models as they were called. Chrsyler recently built some track pack Challengers matter of fact Don Garlits got the first one! The forerunner of the ZO6 Corvette would qualify also (1999-2000) referring to the fixed roof coupes (rfc). Buick did the WE4 and it was promoted as being lighter and therefore quicker than a GN. Some may argue that was a marketing ploy but as any racer will tell you shedding weight is a key factor.

So, with all the above mentioned I am thinking of another factory built car that was called a lightweight and built during the 1990s. Fewer than 200 were built.

Tell me the car I am thinking of. (In case there is more than one).

One answer per post.

The clock is ticking......

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Hoping 54rich gives me update on how many contests I have conducted to date.....

GNX trivia

Paint and interior

Bryan

kirban 2 cents worth
'
sorry Mr Phone guy wrong answer........however, they did want to repaint the cars from what I understand since it reflected on ASC....and ASC was known for great paint jobs. Time probably was a factor along with costs....supposedily they hand picked cars that had decent paint...as very few escaped Flint with good paint let alone superior paint. Again going by memory here.....course my good friend owns ASCs personal GNX and it did get repainted and it does look great.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Dennis Kirban said:
Concerning factory lite weights. Over the years almost every car manufactuer that has anything to do with performance cars has produced in limited numbers factory lite weight cars mainly designed for racing. Some of the better known ones would be the SD 421 Pontiacs with the swiss cheese frames and aluminum front ends, Hurst built I believe something like 50 Hemi Darts, Ford a few years back built a few Cobra R models as they were called. Chrsyler recently built some track pack Challengers matter of fact Don Garlits got the first one! The forerunner of the ZO6 Corvette would qualify also (1999-2000) referring to the fixed roof coupes (rfc). Buick did the WE4 and it was promoted as being lighter and therefore quicker than a GN. Some may argue that was a marketing ploy but as any racer will tell you shedding weight is a key factor.

Close but no cigar for you. :tongue:

"Drag Pak" is what it is called.

He helped with the design. And there is a "Big Daddy" Don Garlits edition also.

Later AJ

Close but no cigar for you. :tongue:

"Drag Pak" is what it is called.

He helped with the design. And there is a "Big Daddy" Don Garlits edition also.

Later AJ

kirban 2 cents worth

Sorry for error least I knew Don got the first one...his wife is after him to drive slower cars than his dragsters! The car still fits the mold as being a light weight correct? I can't keep all my notes in front of me. I know Hurst has teamed up also to do some special ones.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

On another note, I will be set up with ZDDPlus, as a guest of Dons at his big fall event in Ocala, Florida. Plan to line up meeting with the Florida Turbo Owners also.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Werent there were less Formula WS6 1LE 's than the camaro?

kirban 2 cents worth

I don't know the answer to this but I have always been lead to believe that Formulas WS6 versions especially hardtops 6-speeds are very rare. Since they were not as loaded up as Trans Am ones one can assume they were lighter.

I think production holds true on any late model Formulas with a 6-speeds being low numbers. I am speaking of hardtop models. I am sure on some Firebird forum they have the numbers. Reminds me of the GT37s that Pontiac built basically a bare bones GTO around 1971-72 vintage. Quite rare today.

Again playing off my memory. Any errors are not intentional.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cent worth

all your mopar guess are wrong...sorry you can rule out mopar completely as that is not the answer I seek. the car you are seeking is definately recognized as a factory lite weight...and was sold as such....LX Mustang also incorrect.

see previous page for complete question....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Factory lightweight how about the swiss cheese pontiacs, also there were those Galixis or was it Falcons with the complete aluminum front ends

kirban 2 cents worth

My buddy 54Rich if you get a chance any what you could update and give us a total of trivia contests I have conducted to this point? No need to seperate them just curious. I think it must be near 2 dozen by now...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I lost track and missed a few days (Trying to get my car running right and work has picked up:cool: ) Don't have time to go back through all the old posts, way too many.

I've tracked 4 of them for you. Some were easy and didn't last, others took awhile. Great questions, nice prizes;)

Back