You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Lightweight question...

Manco mini bike with a 16horse briggs motor and a scrub brake...I dunno,this questions got me hooked,I'm grasping now..!!!:D

From Dennis Kirban: We mentioned earlier about seeing a Desoto at a car show that had the rare optional record player that was an earlier trivia question. This one photo shows on such unit sitting in the trunk, another photo posted shows the brochure about it.

As you can see this person went to great pains to display everything related to the time period. The record player would be mounted under the dash originally. .

Appreciate theamcguy for posting my photos.

Attachments

• 061509 006.jpg
    061509 006.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 111
  • 061509 005.jpg
    061509 005.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 115
  • 061509 004.jpg
    061509 004.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 108
lightweight question: 1995 BMW M3 Lightweight?

kirban 2 cents worth

BINGO

you are correct Paul....they actually built about 120 of them making it one of the rarest BMs they ever built. ...designed for racing cars had aluminum doors to save weight...cheap seats.....I never owned one but did have a 1995 M3 with the luxury package and a 1996 M3 also.....

Think they are were white in color.

share with us how you stumbled on the answer

send me pm with your address and what you won before....as you know you gotta sit out the next contest....

congrats!!!

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Factory lightweight how about the swiss cheese pontiacs, also there were those Galixis or was it Falcons with the complete aluminum front ends

kirban 2 cents worth

Rite Ford did build some lite weight examples full size galaxies.....from what I recall....and I think some fairlanes called thunderbolts? My knowledge of old fords is not that great.....

Although at age 15 I did buy a brand new 1963 XL Ford.....Mom drove it a year before I could get my license to drive think my payments were like $99 a month........

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Next, non Buick question:

Last contest winner is not eligible or are any Buick turbo employees.

Everyone else can play

Question requires 5 correct answers in one single post.

Prize value is $25

Prize value doubles if the same person can tell me the "link" between the 5 vehicles in other words what is the common thread?

So, if one person gets the 5 correct vehicles someone else can beat them to it and post what links them together and claim a $25 prize also.

Here is the question:

All the answers are from the GM family of vehicles.

All 5 vehicles have at least one letter A in the model name.

The answers are located in 4 of the GM car lines

The ones not used is Oldsmobile or GMC

The years run from around 1959 thru 2005 (Approximate)

When you hit on the correct 5 answers it should dawn on you what they all have in common.

the clock is ticking

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Still no winner on the Buick turbo question which is what two items or areas was discussed prior to doing the GNX project that they never implemented in production. I am going by a letter dated back in August of 1986. They discussed 12 points to look at.

the clock still ticks on this one.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

News update we now find it difficult to get from GM the radiator overflow bottles (1986-1987) style. The popular one had the fill cap in the center the other one that you see once in awhile had the fill cap at the one corner.

Looks like they have gone bye bye....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Non Buick Trivia

Models that end in the letter A

Reatta (Buick)
Catera (Cadillac)
Nova (Chevrolet)
Impala (Chevrolet
Ventura (Pontiac)

Re: 1995 BMW M3 Lightweight. I just played a hunch that it must be an import. I knew Dennis, that you were knowledgeable about BMW's so I just "Googled" lightweight BMW... and viola... there it was. Lucky guess. It looks like a very tricked out car. Paul

Non Buick they are are places in the world but i'm missing the 5th car so i won't post the car's im thinking of

non Buick:
Chev Caprice
Chev Impala
Pontiac Grand Prix (67 and older)
Cadillac Sedan Deville
Buick Electra

5 cars, all of them full size GM cars, and all with the letter "A" in them, representing 4 different brands. the only kink seems to be that Chev still sells a car called "Impala", but it isn't rear wheel drive like the others in the list..

kirban 2 cents worth

In looking over the above answers and posts on the non Buick question. I don't want to give too much away.

Rite now Mr AMC has 2 of the correct answers everyone else has zero. As far as car models goes.

As for the common thread nobodys idea is correct nothing to do with full size nor places.

Keep in mind the letter A appears at least once in the word not necessarily as the LAST letter.

Keep trying...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Few quick thoughts slightly off the subject matter:

The art of fine tuning: When you hear that phase most of you probably associate it with engine tuning. However, if you give it a lot of thought it is what most of us do when you work on your cars. If you are restoring one back to original, you are in a sense fine tuning it. Replacing a faded or busted part for one that is in better shape. Or getting something replated/refinished.

Or, if you work around your house on a weekend you plant a few more shrubs at your house, put in a flower bed, or a garden.....its all part of fine tuning. In most cases its something you enjoy.

As many of you know I read alot of magazines....almost every car magazine has various articles on upgrades of this and that. Almost without fail every article you read everything goes picture perfect. The parts fit, every part was in the kit, and the part does what it is supposed to do. They never strip a bolt, engine never blows up, springs an oil leak, nothing. What world are these magazine writers in? Does your life really go picture perfect at every project? I doubt it.

Be nice if once in awhile they would show a follow up to one of those houses they build from scratch in 5 days that is ready to move in after they yell move that bus. Heck in the real world most of us would take 5 days to move out our stuff
prior to the project of building a new house! In the real world it takes 4-5 days to get a repairman to come out for a house call.

I remember years ago, our first Grand National was a test bed for many of the new products including the very first aluminum heads made by M and A Casting. My car was one of the first ones to get a set. Part of the problems was getting the valve covers to seal to stop the oil leaks. I can't remember half the products now that our first GN was a test bed for but, I do know before the car had 30,000 miles on it, I had to have the engine rebuilt.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Non Buick Trivia-

Oldsmobile Aurora

Chevrolet Nova

Oldsmobile Star Fire

Pontiac Ventura

Pontiac Star Chief

They all have space related names.

Non Buick Trivia-

Oldsmobile Aurora

Chevrolet Nova

Oldsmobile Star Fire

Pontiac Ventura

Pontiac Star Chief

They all have space related names.

kirban 2 cents worth

All wrong sorry one of my clues states Oldsmobile models is not one of them. Also the space related is not the common thread .

Struck out all around.

So, thus far at this point Mr AMC has hit 2 of the five models (not saying which 2) still need 3 more and once the five are revealed it should be fairly evident to someone what connects the 5 or what the 5 have in common with each other.

I may be wrong but this contest could have legs like the Ford fairmont question did. I hope so...although I do already have the next non Buick question lined up.

the clock is still ticking.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Back