You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
kirban 2 cents worth

BINGO

WINNER...

Send me pm with list of what you won in the past.

This was offered only on the 1970 GTO....a tricky set up vacuum controlled that basically allowed straight out exhaust thru the muffler...problem was this did not sit too well with the state of Pennsylvania laws emissions whatever and it got canned early on....

Actual count that saw actual production was around 275 units....more recently it has been reproduced for those cars and I know Corvette on I believe the 2006 ZO6 has a similar system and has it on the later Corvettes probably as an option,

For a 1970 GTO owner that was the Holy Grail if you had an original one of these systems....the pull handle was on the same bracket as the ram air knob that opened the flaps for the ram air set up. Primitive by todays standards but in its day was the hot set up....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Here's the commercial that aired in 1970!
YouTube - 1970 Pontiac GTO The Humbler VOE

NON BUICK TRIVIA

Push Button Shifting on the dash

Shot in the dark since I was born in 1968.. Dad had an old plymouth or Studebaker I remember him talking about...

kirban 2 cents worth

BINGO

WINNER...

Send me pm with list of what you won in the past.

This was offered only on the 1970 GTO....a tricky set up vacuum controlled that basically allowed straight out exhaust thru the muffler...problem was this did not sit too well with the state of Pennsylvania laws emissions whatever and it got canned early on....

Actual count that saw actual production was around 275 units....more recently it has been reproduced for those cars and I know Corvette on I believe the 2006 ZO6 has a similar system and has it on the later Corvettes probably as an option,

For a 1970 GTO owner that was the Holy Grail if you had an original one of these systems....the pull handle was on the same bracket as the ram air knob that opened the flaps for the ram air set up. Primitive by todays standards but in its day was the hot set up....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Thanks, go figure could not come up with vent windows but remember this one:confused:

Non Buick Trivia

Tinted Plexiglass Roof
Available on the '53-54 Ford Skyliner and '54-55 Mercury Sun Valley

Non Buick Trivia

Plexiglas hood for the 1950-53 Oldsmobile 88 to showcase the new "Rocket V8".

Here's the commercial that aired in 1970!
YouTube - 1970 Pontiac GTO The Humbler VOE

kirban 2 cents worth

Great commercial I member seeing it at various gto conventions....it was short lived all because of the state I live in PA clamped down......course you know any of us back in the day would have left the knob pulled out all the time!!!!

It's interesting to recall these various options etc from the past as I am sure many of the younger set have no idea about them if they grew up during the Turbo Regal era....

Not sure what the next era will be like with the way things seem to be headed...
Is the next g eneration going to be attending car shows comparing 300lb batteries for originality at car shows? Or wondering what plug on the end is the original plug to plug into the electrical outlet....

Thanks for sharing that with our readers of this thread...my tag on my one vehicle still says MR GTO.....

kirban 2 cents worth

On the Buick trivia no correct answers ....

On the non Buick option trivia still no correct answers although good guesses....

May drop more clues in next post....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

On the Buick trivia the word TOP appears on the backside of a part that is in every single 1984-1987 Turbo Regal.

It is not an engine part

Actually this part appears in every 1984-1987 Regal so it is not special for a turbo model.

So now you have more clues to work with.

The clock continues to tick.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I just got done tonite installing the production "Touch & Start system in my Turbo-T. We wil have producrion parts available end of next week. Works great 25-30 second after you shut the car off it sets automatically. Car will not start until you touch a screw in your car....not a switch and no alarm....you don't even have to lock your car.

Has valet position. Only cut one wire in your car. A slick unit ideal for a stock appearing car. Will advise when we have them in stock.

kirban 2 cents worth

The unusual option I am seeking was used a short time in a US car line during the 1950s.

Once you find out what it is, I am sure you will agree it was one of the strangest options ever offered from a car manufactuer. Name the option!

This is the non Buick Trivia question kind of worded it alittle better.

The clock continues to tick.

While some of the answers have been good answers none would qualify as weird or very unusual.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Non Buick Trivia

Swing away steering wheel.

kirban 2 cents worth

sorry wrong...I member that as I had a 1961 T-bird I bought from my Dad in the mid 1960s...they had that option...not sure if it was offered earlier than that or not.

One of the few cars my Dad ever bought that had some classic lines to it. Dad was never a car guy.....Going from point A to point B was the plan.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I think the hood liner has it also.

The chevrolets were that way also.

kirban 2 cents worth

Your rite Chevy had it also 1956 I think....Dad had a wagon that year. Wish it was the Nomad style but it wasn't.

Clever ideas GM had with location of the gas door. The exhaust in the bumpers was not a great idea as it hasten their appearance rather quickly. Another idea they did during that time frame also on certain cars.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Your rite Chevy had it also 1956 I think....Dad had a wagon that year. Wish it was the Nomad style but it wasn't.

Clever ideas GM had with location of the gas door. The exhaust in the bumpers was not a great idea as it hasten their appearance rather quickly. Another idea they did during that time frame also on certain cars.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

'57's also had a hidden gas tank door............

fuel injection chevy had the mech style while chrysler had electronic(bendix)

Back