You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
If I may play again?

The answer to the boost guage question is that the 1984/85 boost gauge say's 0 TURBO BOOST 15 PSI under the guage.

Under the 1986/87 boost gauge it says "TURBO BOOST-PSI" and then under that it reads 0 5 10 15

Finally got the car back to look...but been wanting to post up here for a while. I've got 91 codes on my car. :cool:

If I may play again?

The answer to the boost guage question is that the 1984/85 boost gauge say's 0 TURBO BOOST 15 PSI under the guage.

Under the 1986/87 boost gauge it says "TURBO BOOST-PSI" and then under that it reads 0 5 10 15

kirban 2 cents worth

Mr loLeSabrre....you are correct....it was a simple trivia question reason no prizes this time...the 1984-85 just read 0 and 15 psi....the 1986-1987s read 0 5 10 15

Interesting enough in the 1986 dealer album the iliustration of the gauge is correct yet the photo of the guage is the 1984-1985 style. Course what we probably don't know is perhaps some early 1986s received the 1984-1985 boost guages.....anything is possible.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Wednsday will annouce 2 new products we have available watch for updates.
One item is a sell out at a super good price and the other is a reproduction that is dead on correct of an original 1986-1987 turbo part. We need to inform my inner circle customers first reason we can't tell until Wednesday,

kirban 2 cents worth

New trivia contest automotive related. Time period mid to late 1950s.....Open to everyone reading this post you can even be in the Buick business as that will not give you an edge.

Rules one answer per post

Here goes:

When Hurst was in their infancy 1955-1959 they made other products prior to the 3 and 4 speed shifters. One of these products had a very short life span. Their is a logical reason for this.

Name the product that Hurst developed that had a short life span during the mid to late 1950s.

Prize value $25 to start.....and can grow if contests fails to gain an answer in a timely manner.

The clock is ticking.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Interesting tidbit its neat that Georges Hurst last name began with the letter H, and he did shifters which used the H pattern. Also good he had a short name to emboss in the chrome handles....

With the news on GM today, their might be some truth to the words we used to hear when we were young...."Those were the good old days"......The performance
picture is going to take a back seat now that the government owns 60% of GM and Chrsyler is teaming up with Fiat.

I hop 54rich will keep tabs once again on the wrong answers....

kirban 2 cents worth

Buick turbo trivia question

Another simple one:

Your answer has to match mine!

No past winners and no Buick related employees are eligible.

Prize value $25

Here goes:

What is the quickest way without looking at the trunk ID label to determine if the astroroof or sunroof as it is sometimes call, can be determined insatntly that it is a factory roof?

One guess per post!!!

easy question

clock is ticking

I oughta get the right answer sometime tonite.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

krban 2 cents worth

novaderrick trunk ID label 1984 style you can see the spacing is a lot different from the later ones. I count 79 codes 14 across.

Real quick you got the lite weight aluminum bumper braces VD6 and VD 7 and front license plate bracket.

AM6 code is unusual because you do not have bucket seats you have the 55/45 seat a $133 cost, T63 headlites on buzzer a $16 option,

In 1984 they offered 6 different radios, UL1 is the 3rd one on the list $277 cost factor, cheapest speakers U64 cost $30, you got a rear defogger and a posi,

you got no tilt, no cruise., no power windows no power locks, B83 door edge guards you got, you got CD4 delay wipers.

Those are the main things. I may have made some errors as it is difficult to read your codes printing is lite!

A split bench seat is neat, no tilt is very unusual, you see cars with no windows and no locks but not many around with no tilt. Tilt option was only $110.

Your thinking is like me few options...unusual you have 79 codes yet few options.
A game of numbers showing it is very difficult to have a low numbered codes on the label.

Those seats if in good shape are more comfortable than the buckets. My guess is the back seat cushion for some reason GM really slanted it back so you did not sit uprite.

You have no power seat.

No floor mats, you got the door edge guards but no molding.

Again quick opinion no tilt is the rarest non - feature I see on your label straining my eyes to read it....

Ever weigh the car?

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Again if you are reading this lengthy post put up your trunk ID label we can tell you a few things about it...most of it accurately!

I'm gonna sit this one out fellas.;)
I bought both books new in '84 & '85.

Attachments

• h1aa.jpg
    h1aa.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 105
  • h2a.jpg
    h2a.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 110
I'm gonna sit this one out fellas.;)
I bought both books new in '84 & '85.

kirban 2 cents worth

Your rite the answer lies in that book...so new rule on a trust level if you have the books pictured you are not eligible...

So for those that have the Hurst heritage book...here is my trivia quesiton to you.
How many different covers did they use for that book same pages same inside info how many different covers and what is the difference?

Do you know the answer to that one? I do as I have a copy of each.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

you probably see my name in it also....

Hurst wheels?

and, nope, i've never weighed my car yet. someday soon, i hope. i'm thinking in the 3400 pound range. i think it's just about as lightweight as you could get, what with having no real options to speak of. and yes- the seats are comfy, but firm. i actually like them better than the plush seats that were in my brother's loaded 87 Regal.

So for those that have the Hurst heritage book...here is my trivia quesiton to you.
How many different covers did they use for that book same pages same inside info how many different covers and what is the difference?

Do you know the answer to that one? I do as I have a copy of each.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

you probably see my name in it also....
The only other cover I saw was the re-issue that showed a nice color picture of a '69 H/O.

The original is a little pricey!
HURST HERITAGE OLDSMOBILE AMC PONTIAC CHRYSLER BROCHURE:eBay Motors (item 190307250147 end time May-19-09 17:03:33 PDT)

The only other cover I saw was the re-issue that showed a nice color picture of a '69 H/O.

The original is a little pricey!
HURST HERITAGE OLDSMOBILE AMC PONTIAC CHRYSLER BROCHURE:eBay Motors (item 190307250147 end time May-19-09 17:03:33 PDT)

kirban 2 cents worth

You are partially correct....the cover you speak of shows the Hurst Olds they made 2 versions of that. One has a gold outline around the cover other has a red outline around the cover. Plus the H style you pictured a total of 3.

Any of these are pricey $100 or better. All of them suffer from the glue letting go so pages are fragile.

Two of my copies would bring far more than $100 plus...

One is signed both authors

One of my others is signed by Linda Vaughn, Bill Campbell, and a few others from the original Hurst company including the art director, engineer who worked on the Hurst Olds project, and the VP back in 1985.....

On a side note the guy who worked o the Hurst Olds project years ago told me the original plan was to make that rear spoiler lift and retract similar to what Porsche does on their models. It never happened because they were pushed for time....true story

appreciate your honesty as I forgot the answer I am seeking is mentioned in that book....its tough coming up with questions!

So, there is at least 3 versions.....that I am aware of and I have in my collection.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Hurst wheels?

and, nope, i've never weighed my car yet. someday soon, i hope. i'm thinking in the 3400 pound range. i think it's just about as lightweight as you could get, what with having no real options to speak of. and yes- the seats are comfy, but firm. i actually like them better than the plush seats that were in my brother's loaded 87 Regal.

kirban 2 cents worth

our Hurst guess is wrong...the Hurst wheel did not come out until January 1965 and was discontinued to due lack of sales somewhere during 1969....today a brand new set of Hurst wheels can fetch 10 grand or more.....and this is for a 14 by 6 rim...as they never ever made anything bigger or wider....last set of Hurst wheels I sold fetched alost $3,000 off my personal car probably 10-12 years ago. Over the years I sold over 20 sets....by todays standards I practically gave them away.

Be a loooong time before GN rims bring ten grand.....

keep guessing...

At my age a bench seat is more comfortable the Turbo Regal buckets lack much support....plus were not built to take the wear and tear...almost as bad as the door straps coming loose every 2nd time you pull on them...

as to the weight of your car I'd guess under 3,400 lbs...between lack of options and wire to those options....you got 17lb rims on each corner bumper braces that probably shed half the weight of the steel ones...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I'll withdraw my guess, since one of my prizes was a copy of "Memories of Hurst-Campbell Inc":cool:

I did want to comment on it, Great Collection and some really neat trivia. Win one of Dennis questions and maybe you can get a copy:biggrin:

I'll withdraw my guess, since one of my prizes was a copy of "Memories of Hurst-Campbell Inc":cool:

I did want to comment on it, Great Collection and some really neat trivia. Win one of Dennis questions and maybe you can get a copy:biggrin:

I too will set this one as I also won a copy of that DVD.:biggrin:

Great DVD by the way Dennis!

kirban 2 cents worth

Mr loLeSabrre....you are correct....it was a simple trivia question reason no prizes this time...the 1984-85 just read 0 and 15 psi....the 1986-1987s read 0 5 10 15

Interesting enough in the 1986 dealer album the iliustration of the gauge is correct yet the photo of the guage is the 1984-1985 style. Course what we probably don't know is perhaps some early 1986s received the 1984-1985 boost guages.....anything is possible.

My 86 T-type Dk. Blue metallic with tan leather 45-45 seats has the earlier boost gauge. It only reads 0 then 15 psi. Ive always wondered why my gauge was different than my buddy's 86 T type. Another thing I noticed was the coolant tank reservoir. The fill hole placement was at the rear, instead of in the middle like every other turbo regal ive seen. This car was bone stock when I bought it from the previous owner. Maybe it was a very early production 86.

As far as the question goes about how to determine if the astroroof in factory without looking at the trunk codes. My guess is that an aftermarket sunroof has a black trim ring around the outside of the sunroof sealed to the roof itself, then the glass panel seals up to that. I had a car that had a ASC sunroof installed in it when I bought the car. The original astroroof did not have this trim ring. The original astroroof the weatherstripping around the glass panel itself sealed against the roof. Or at least it tried too!:biggrin:

Back