You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Factory speakers are actually worth something? My front ones still look like new and sound like 1987

kirban 2 cents worth

Fenton is still wrong as is Ansen and Edmunds

so the game continues.....

By the way this company made other automotive related products but one product according to the sources I checked with they were the largest maker of them in the aftermarket world in the day. Not the shifter but the other product they were the biggest.

As for speakers, we used to sell the GM ones for the dash and the rear deck etc...no longer can get them....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Triva Update

May 26, 2009 post number #989

New trivia question for the Elite group that have won in the past.

Prize value $25

Here goes the question:

By far and away the best know aftermarket manual shifter maker was Hurst. (A subject I know as much about as I do turbo Buicks).

During its heyday, give me the name of the company I am thinking of that also dabbled into making manual shifters but never enjoyed nearly the success of Hurst.
'
Yes, your answer has to match mine.
The shifter company I am seeking was strictly an aftermarket company. They scored big with another automotive product
The company I am seeking had a more well known automotive product than the shifters.... This product did not come after the shifters, but rather before it.
to my knowledge this company went out of business sometime in the late 1960s.

The product that was a very popular item for them is more associated with cars from the 1950s
These are not the correct Answers:
1) Mr Gasket
2) Sparkomatic
3) Holley
4) Moon
5) TCI
6) Fenton
7) Muncie Shifters
8) Inland Shifter company
9) ET otherwise known as Eastern Tool Company
10) P&G Manufacturing Co
11) Mickey Thompson
12) Amco
13) Ansen
14) Edmunds
15) Smithy's (aka Smitty's) Mufflers

Based on your clues I'd say the company made Continental Kits or fender skirts. But I can not think of a company that made them.

2897177420033772906S425x425Q85.jpg

here ya go Mr Kirban..
this is a the SPID from my 84- which has the perfect lack of options for someone like me.

Foxcraft Shifters.

kirban 2 cents worth

Good news as the week winds down mr lowLesabre is a winner!!!!!!!

Foxcrafts claim to fame so to speak was fender skirts....which were big during the 1950s and maybe early 1960s time frame. Earlier than that I do not know since I was not alive in the early 1940s...I am told they were the largest aftermarket company producing them.

My sources tell me they sold out around 1970-71.....

I am told that some of the cruiser type of fender skirts can run like 5 feet long and fetch as much as 5 grand a set!!!!

Takes a mighty big piece of stamping equipment to press them out. Now we all have learned there really was quite a number of companies making shifters in the day.....companies that only made shifters usually never made it as a you can't put all your eggs in one basket to succeed......It even happened with Hurst as manual shifters sales dropped tremendousily in the early 1970s. They would not return in any ral numbers until Ford started making 5.0 Mustangs..

Why do I know this company?

They were located in the town I grew up in....I got my first job working at a gas station in High School about 1/2 block from their factory. Was making a $1 per hour.....driving a $200 1949 Ford Club Coupe.....(low optioned) You could get them back then even with a heater and radio delete...(No trunk ID labels back then).

If they had a another factory I am not aware of it.....course Hurst was about 3 towns away. Interesting from my concept is because they like Hurst was located near me and not some far away place in California like many companies where.

I know you have won something in the past so send me pm with what I sent you before so I do not duplicate it. Also post on this thread how you stumbled on that answer?????

New auto trivia question coming soon maybe yet tonite.....I didn't think I would have to think up one this quick.

Sharp group......

Still no one has told me the difference between the early boost guage in the 1984-85 turbo cars versus the 1986-1987s....someone must know...heck it stares you in the face every time you drive your turbo car...

On a sad note: I just read the thread about Brian wife passing away earlier today.....I trust readers of my thread will respond to that thread....tough when you lose a spouse at such a young age.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

will look at recent trunk label posted later....

kirban 2 cents worth

You might have taken a wild guess but something must have given you a clue as Foxcraft has not been around in many many years....

As for myself I plan to look for those fender skirts that are worth two grand or more.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Been checking ebay over last 2 weeks no foxcraft shifters at all....must be kinda rare....

Actually it was what theamcguy wrote and my knowledge of early vintage after market cutom car parts. You see, I am also into early vintage hot rods and kustoms. I am also in a traditional early style lowrider club.

What tipped me off.

Based on your clues I'd say the company made Continental Kits or fender skirts. But I can not think of a company that made them.

Glad I helped you out. From the clues I ruled out all of the major engine/mechanical part suppliers when Dennis said this company was the largest producer of the item. With engine and mechanical parts manufacturers ruled out, I figured it had to be either Continental Kits or fender skirts as both of those were big in the 50s. But for the life of me I could not think of one company that made either product. When I saw the answer Foxcraft I remembered the company. This has been fun.

on the boost gauge question-i believe the last couple of lights on the right end are a different color on the intercooled cars vs the hot airs.

and did you get a good look at the pic i posted of my SPID yesterday?

on the boost gauge question-i believe the last couple of lights on the right end are a different color on the intercooled cars vs the hot airs.

and did you get a good look at the pic i posted of my SPID yesterday?

kirban 2 cents worth

will look at your ID label tonite busy today

on the boost gauge that is not the answer...you may be rite but it is not the answer I am seeking....my answer is more obvious....

new trivia contest coming tonite....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Back